Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #1
bruceffect
 
Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE, 1982 911SC
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 37
Clutch bleed

Well, that was fun. Thank the gods I have a lift. The bleeder isn't that hard to reach, but getting a wrench on it in a position where you can break it loose is basically a no go. I had the motive power bleeder on at 10psi.

Here's what worked for me. I was able to get a 3/8 drive flex head ratchet and 8mm socket on it. I used that just to crack it loose with a rag under. Then I quickly closed with my fingers, and then put my hose and catch bottle on. Then I used my fingers to open and close until I pushed enough fluid through to make me feel better.

I had flushed all the brakes previously which probably helped a little, but I feel better having truly pushed some fresh fluid through it. Once I was done, I put the ratchet back on and snugged it closed. The fluid that came out wasn't too bad, but definitely had some contaminants in the early stream.
Attached Images
  
bruceffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #2
Redhotls1
 
Redhotls1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 camaro 1LS
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceffect View Post
Well, that was fun. Thank the gods I have a lift. The bleeder isn't that hard to reach, but getting a wrench on it in a position where you can break it loose is basically a no go. I had the motive power bleeder on at 10psi.

Here's what worked for me. I was able to get a 3/8 drive flex head ratchet and 8mm socket on it. I used that just to crack it loose with a rag under. Then I quickly closed with my fingers, and then put my hose and catch bottle on. Then I used my fingers to open and close until I pushed enough fluid through to make me feel better.

I had flushed all the brakes previously which probably helped a little, but I feel better having truly pushed some fresh fluid through it. Once I was done, I put the ratchet back on and snugged it closed. The fluid that came out wasn't too bad, but definitely had some contaminants in the early stream.

Do you have the remote reservoir or still factory out of master cylinder? Why I ask is I have remote reservoir and wondering what psi to bleed with motive bleeder. Isnít that motive bleeder just awesome. Been bleeding brakes the old way for many moons...never again
Redhotls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #3
bruceffect
 
Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE, 1982 911SC
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 37
Still factory reservoir. 10 to 15 psi has always worked for me. My motive bleeder is more than 10 years old, and I have several adapters.

Back from test drive to the grocery and back, and pedal is definitely easier on the leg. It was a little stiff before.
bruceffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #4
cdb95z28

 
cdb95z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE NPP Recaros SIM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Johnstown, PA
Posts: 1,520
The Tick remote bleeder makes bleeding the clutch hydraulics so easy, no need to lift the car. I have mine run up under the hood near the LF strut tower. And the Tick bleeder can be installed without removing the trans.

Add a remote reservoir for the clutch hydraulics and you'll be helping your clutch hydraulics in the long run. I also use the Motive bleeder for the clutch and brakes, and bleeding both is super easy.
__________________
2014 1SS 1LE NPP Recaros SIM-Build Thread:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395103
My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roadracing3/
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 5.3L-Hauls stuff
2009 Pontiac G8 GT-SOLD
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7L-SOLD http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/cars...-c-lt1-691328/
2012 Chevrolet Traverse LT-Hauls Kids
1981 'Vette-Chevette that is, "Yeah, I had a 'Vette"-SOLD(obviously)
1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic/1991 Chevrolet Caprice-Old man cars while I was in my 20s & 30s
cdb95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #5
Level300
 
Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
The Tick remote bleeder makes bleeding the clutch hydraulics so easy, no need to lift the car. I have mine run up under the hood near the LF strut tower. And the Tick bleeder can be installed without removing the trans.

Add a remote reservoir for the clutch hydraulics and you'll be helping your clutch hydraulics in the long run. I also use the Motive bleeder for the clutch and brakes, and bleeding both is super easy.
What color is your cap? I canít pressurize without making a mess. I even bought the anodized red one.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #6
cdb95z28

 
cdb95z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE NPP Recaros SIM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Johnstown, PA
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
What color is your cap? I canít pressurize without making a mess. I even bought the anodized red one.
Mine is black anodized aluminum. How much pressure are you using?
__________________
2014 1SS 1LE NPP Recaros SIM-Build Thread:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395103
My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roadracing3/
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 5.3L-Hauls stuff
2009 Pontiac G8 GT-SOLD
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7L-SOLD http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/cars...-c-lt1-691328/
2012 Chevrolet Traverse LT-Hauls Kids
1981 'Vette-Chevette that is, "Yeah, I had a 'Vette"-SOLD(obviously)
1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic/1991 Chevrolet Caprice-Old man cars while I was in my 20s & 30s
cdb95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:59 PM   #7
cdb95z28

 
cdb95z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE NPP Recaros SIM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Johnstown, PA
Posts: 1,520
Here's a pic of mine, to the right of the Motive
Name:  DSC00470.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  134.2 KB
__________________
2014 1SS 1LE NPP Recaros SIM-Build Thread:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395103
My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roadracing3/
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 5.3L-Hauls stuff
2009 Pontiac G8 GT-SOLD
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.7L-SOLD http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/cars...-c-lt1-691328/
2012 Chevrolet Traverse LT-Hauls Kids
1981 'Vette-Chevette that is, "Yeah, I had a 'Vette"-SOLD(obviously)
1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic/1991 Chevrolet Caprice-Old man cars while I was in my 20s & 30s
cdb95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:32 AM   #8
Level300
 
Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Here's a pic of mine, to the right of the Motive
Attachment 996658
Thanks. That looks like the one I bought as well.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:09 PM   #9
bruceffect
 
Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE, 1982 911SC
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 37
One thing I figured out a long time ago with the power bleeder is I never put any brake fluid in the bleeder. I fill the reservoir only, and just use the power bleeder to pressurize the system. Just keep an eye on the reservoir and refill as needed. Also, I've never gone over 15psi on any car.
bruceffect is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.