Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
May 6th

Now I am not trying to freak people out, I am just freaked out. I had my sales rep call me and ask me some questions about a 2SS. He had a guy interested and I gave him some info. So get off work and stop by to see if my rep sold another SS. He said the guy is thinking it over.

So anyway we are talking about the cars and when they might get their V6 and the May 6th date comes up for the Camaro launch. Then he tells me the owner said they are not allowed to deliver any Camaro's until that date. I jumped up and said WTF.

So even with all GM is doing for me the dealership is not going to let me have the car until then. I told my rep if that is the case then why is GM trying to get Steph and I the car soon. He said he does not know whats up only what the owner told him.

So at the moment I am a very very upset person.

Scott

Last edited by Scott@Bjorn3D; 03-12-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Get the owners contact information from the rep, and plead your case. If he denies it, talk about BAD PR for him.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
I feel for ya. That's total bs.
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
BS

CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I might have an email at work that may help....I'll check tomorrow.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Damn man, thats a raw deal if I've ever seen one!!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Yellow2010

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS 2010
FYI if you have not heard. Last Friday my wife got a call from the dealership that I ordered my car from and she was told that my car had gotten pulled for production this week. They were just calling to see if I still wanted the car. Not sure what to believe I call today, my car had been pulled for production but he does not know when it will be built. Two cars from this dealership were pulled and mine was one of them. He also said that all dealerships should be getting a camaro soon, but they could not show it to the public yet. GM told them to either lock it up so noone can see it or put it in their showroom with a car cover on top. GM wants to do a national unveiling of the camaro May 6th. So no camaros will be sold before May 6th. He said that GM told them if they wanted to show the car, they could pull up the car cover and show a section of the car but not the whole thing. I don't know how much of this is the truth, but that is all I have to go on.
Yellow2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #8
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Well then some of the higher ups need to contact that Dealer, it's not like we're going to complain you're getting your Camaro before the rest of us, this is for your daughter.

Yeah this would be bad PR in not doing it for you two, we want our Camaros asap but I would gladly wait on mine so she and you can get that Camaro early.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
ssdavidw
Camaro OCD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, RS, RJT
That doesn't make any sense.

If you preordered and it's delivered and you're ready to buy, why in the world wouldn't they let you have it?

Do they like paying the bank interest on their loan to hold on to it? Do they like pissing off a loyal customer? Do they just hate being in business?

I have to hope that this is just a misunderstanding.

2010 Camaro - Red Jewel Tintcoat, 2SS, RS, Auto, Black Interior, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
ssdavidw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
AuburnEd
2G1FT1EW7A9105798

Drives: 2SS/RS - GMC
Your dealer better hitch up his britches because there is a serious reality check coming his way. Can you imagine being on the receiving end of the phone call he is going to get... There are great people at GM who are working to make this happen for Stephanie and one uninformed/ignorant dealer is not going to be allowed to hold up your car. Enough has been said on this site to remove any doubt that GM has your car on the fast track. "GM" cares about Stephanie and will surely see to it that your dealer gets with the program.
Smiles everyone, the Camaro5 family wants Stephanie to experience the Camaro.
AuburnEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #11
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnEd View Post
Your dealer better hitch up his britches because there is a serious reality check coming his way. Can you imagine being on the receiving end of the phone call he is going to get... There are great people at GM who are working to make this happen for Stephanie and one uninformed/ignorant dealer is not going to be allowed to hold up your car. Enough has been said on this site to remove any doubt that GM has your car on the fast track. "GM" cares about Stephanie and will surely see to it that your dealer gets with the program.
Smiles everyone, the Camaro5 family wants Stephanie to experience the Camaro.
Exactly, you just stirred up a hornets nest you will get your car soon I would not sweat it
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
i don't understand this may 6th "unveiling".... the car has already been unveiled... twice...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #13
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Definately hope they get that it gets worked out for you. It makes little sense, hopefully it is just a misinformed salesman, we know they exist!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby

Last edited by Silver Streak; 03-12-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #14
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
That is unfortuatly what always happens when marketing takes over from operations.