Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatcamaro2010 View Post
im not really knocking autos, autos are nice, but if its a sports car, i would prefer a stick, but for the track question, what racing sport has automatic trans? as for people with med issues, i can understand, driving stick with a damaged hand, leg, or even a friend of mine who had loss of brain function because of a wreck he had in his youth, i just thought it was a fun top 10 list, and as for the auto being faster? check the tap shift with cayman vs traditional stick, and it is driver skill also, but in a drag race auto will win i wont lie, but on a course with twists and turns, hills and such i beg to differ
Back in the 60's in the Can-AM series Jim Hall drove Chaparrals with 4 speed automatic transmissions.
http://www.petroleummuseum.org/Gallery/Chaparral2.html
Old 11-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #30
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Anyone who truly believes any of that nonsense is obviously trying to make up for some serious "shortcomings" in other areas........
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #31
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I always thought the automatics were making up for shortcomings. =p

IE too lazy to shift. =p
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #32
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
ive asked many a women about cars that are stick, and many of them said they find it more masculine for a man to drive stick than auto and im trying to make up for my insanely large hot dog, i drive a stick so i can be like a fighter pilot with two joysticks

http://www.active.com/donate/napa12midastl/stlNBrekal
Croatcamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #33
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
I always thought the automatics were making up for shortcomings. =p

IE too lazy to shift. =p

come drive my car. its an auto... with a manual valve body. I shift up and down, each and every shift. I just do it faster. and without a clutch....
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:02 AM   #34
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
The coolest thing about driving an automatic, is that your hand is always free to play grab ass with your Woman!!!!!!!!

:tweetz::5thgenvert::tweetz:
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:10 AM   #35
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Auto vs Stick debate, fueled mainly by the belief that a Camaro (or other car where its an option) with an automatic transmission isn't a real car and that you are less of a man if you buy such a car.
All I know is I get asked the question "Is it a stick", almost 99% of the time after I answer their question whether or not its a V8. Everybody goes"wow" or "ooh" when you tell them its a stick. Even more so if they see its a Hurst.. If I had an automatic, it would be hard not to feel a little bad once they hear the "negative" news that its an automatic. Trust me, it takes a strong individual to not care what others think about stupid things like this sometimes. I for one drove an automatic Mustang for many years and even though I tried not to care, it does get old after the thousandth time. Especially when you see a frown on their faces and they go "oh" when I said automatic. Obviously there were those people that said "You should have gotten stick", etc.. Overall, that had nothing to do with me wanting a stick shift this time around with the 2010 Camaro. I simply wanted to experience something new.. I might in 10 years say enough is enough and buy an automatic at that point once again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
The coolest thing about driving an automatic, is that your hand is always free to play grab ass with your Woman!!!!!!!!

:tweetz::5thgenvert::tweetz:
You can even drive with just your feet as well and use one hand for texting and the other for the game grabass..lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by futrocpd View Post
some people get tired of shifting gears, some have medical issues that only allow them to drive auto's how is that less of a man if you drive an auto. like was stated earlier most 1320 racers prefer an auto. i like to shift gears but i am thinking about an auto when i buy this car, if i feel the need to rip through the gears, i have a bike for that.
If someone rags on me because of a health issue for driving an automatic, they'd be getting a cane slap on the head like Santa Claus in Miracle on 34th ST..lol.. I can't wait till they show that movie (the original ofcourse) for 24 hours straight.. Gotta get in the mood for Christmas..
Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #36
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
All I know is I get asked the question "Is it a stick", almost 99% of the time after I answer their question whether or not its a V8. Everybody goes"wow" or "ooh" when you tell them its a stick. Even more so if they see its a Hurst.. If I had an automatic, it would be hard not to feel a little bad once they hear the "negative" news that its an automatic. Trust me, it takes a strong individual to not care what others think about stupid things like this sometimes. I for one drove an automatic Mustang for many years and even though I tried not to care, it does get old after the thousandth time. Especially when you see a frown on their faces and they go "oh" when I said automatic. Obviously there were those people that said "You should have gotten stick", etc.. Overall, that had nothing to do with me wanting a stick shift this time around with the 2010 Camaro. I simply wanted to experience something new.. I might in 10 years say enough is enough and buy an automatic at that point once again..

I dont give to isht's about what other people think about MY car. I laugh at people who think "its got to have a manual" esp when I stomp them in my auto.

that and the people who now have manuals and talk isht to auto owners... then go out and use launch control.... hypocrites.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #37
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I dont give to isht's about what other people think about MY car. I laugh at people who think "its got to have a manual" esp when I stomp them in my auto.

that and the people who now have manuals and talk isht to auto owners... then go out and use launch control.... hypocrites.
BOOM!
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote