Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
A62010SS

Drives: 2010SS
Matt Not At RX Anymore?

I had heard Matt left RX and took out the dyno. I also noticed his new name as Matt @ FPS. I had also seen a lot of catch can back orders and wondered what was up. Anyone else hear anything?
A62010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
not surprised....
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Hi All,

No need for PM's or side rumors I can just fill you in directly !!!

As many of you already know, I had my own LSx shop for about 11 years before moving to join Chris & Doug over at ECS. Looking for a change in lifestyle and social life (i.e. the sticks of Cream Ridge NJ sucked!), I moved down here to RX Performance. Now I have decided to move on and direct a small, precise, shop in the Bradenton area.

Oh and I screwed my own name up it should have been Matt @ FSP. Which is Florida Speed & Power. Just working on the website now, and we are securing the building hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Then we need to coat the floors, paint the walls, complete the office renovations, install dyno, install lifts, and away we go!

I'm here for parts sales just as I ever was, and the installation facility should open by January 1.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
A62010SS

Drives: 2010SS
Thanks for the info Matt. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the back orders on their catch cans though RX and their dealers. Hopefully it all works out, but does not seem good right now.
A62010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Kiernans88
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO TAMPA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FPS View Post
Hi All,

As many of you already know, I had my own LSx shop for about 11 years before moving to join Chris & Doug over at ECS. Looking for a change in lifestyle and social life (i.e. the sticks of Cream Ridge NJ sucked!), I moved down here to RX Performance. Now I have decided to move on and direct a small, precise, shop in the Bradenton area.

Oh and I screwed my own name up it should have been Matt @ FSP. Which is Florida Speed & Power. Just working on the website now, and we are securing the building hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Then we need to coat the floors, paint the walls, complete the office renovations, install dyno, install lifts, and away we go!

I'm here for parts sales just as I ever was, and the installation facility should open by January 1.
Sweet! A shop even closer to me. What general area of Bradenton are you in?

FSP Custom Grind Comp Cam - K&N CAI - 1 3/4" BBK Full Length Headers - BBK High Flow Cats - Kooks 3" Street Screamer Catback - VMax TB - Barton Short Throw - BMR Suspension/Bushings - Eibach Pro-Kit Springs -Tuned by Florida Speed and Power (FSP)
Kiernans88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FPS View Post
Hi All,

Matt, thanks for the update and for trying to stop rumors before they start. I look forward to seeing the new shop... best of luck on the new endeavor!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Yeah what he said lol
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Matt is still doing our dyno and tuning in the separate facility and still working close with us.

Blues, best I think you return the catchcan since we did the free install our loss for that. There are others that work well you can choose from. We do not answer the phone 24/7 on weekends (sorry you thought we would).

Catchcan demand has increased nearly 10 fold from a year ago and we are making them as fast as we can....we have another 50 due finished today and another 50 by weekend, but that still does not meet the demand.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
Blues45th

So return it how drive back there. And get another instaled ? Why issues only 5 hours later. I emailed you guys not sure why you wanna respond here but we can do it here. I asked about this issue when you installed it. Leaks from hose and cc connectors when hot. If not with clamps how will you address the issue
Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Hi All,

Best Wishes Matt! We're behind ya and thrilled to be of help when needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
Matt, thanks for the update and for trying to stop rumors before they start. I look forward to seeing the new shop... best of luck on the new endeavor!
No doubt....calls are beginning to get out of hand. Really glad Matt chimed in and whatnot.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Tracy and I have decided that I will be handling the tuning for RX still, which is great to hear. I'll be up and running I hope within the next 2 weeks for the full install facility. Right now, we are selling parts like hotcakes for the 3.5 hours we've been open
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
Blues45th

Page looks great. Congrats.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
Good luck buddy!!
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #14