Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAgenda View Post
Valid point, but that just speaks more to the point of why GM went with ARH instead of designing their own.

After GM's research and development, the ARH headers would likely be half the price of their own in-house headers with similar performance.
I'm sure ARH gave them one helluva deal on them as well.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #16
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Agreed. Copo is limited production but bragging rights are not.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I doubt they cared with the low production numbers of the COPO.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #18
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
If I were buying new I would probably buy the 1 7/8" but I got a hell of a deal on 1 3/4" that I couldn't pass up.

With that being said, don't discount 1 3/4" so much. Did I make less HP than the average 1 7/8"....yes by maybe 3 rwhp. Now, I still have plenty of torque and when it comes race track where it really counts I've beaten plenty of Camaros with 1 7/8" and even one that had a supercharger and a couple that had good sized cams plus all the bolt-ons. Most of these guys fail to do the more critical suspension stuff that helps put the power to the ground and/or they have so much HP that street tires kill them. Either way when it can time to put up or shut up it was my car that took the win light.

Again, if I were buying new I would go 1 7/8". Why not...for the extra $100 or so plus the ability to go with more power adders it only makes sense but the difference is so minimal that I even turned down a set of ARH 1 7/8" headers. It wasn't worth my time and effort to switch them for a few HP. Instead I sold them and took the profit to put towards my gears.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #19
AutoAgenda

We knew a similar write-up would bother some, but we simply can't change many facts. We do however have a few differences. We highly recommend the 2'' primaries as there is no downside, especially when modding beyond a CAI and Tune. We are open to debate, but our dyno results consistently show 2'' having a slight but solid performance advantage. (Dollar per HP, picking up the last 5 hp for $45 is very beneficial, especially if adding additional mods, that 5 hp quickly turns to 15)

Everyday we have a customer ask about what LT Headers to go with, so we had to make a thread. As a company, we can't point customers to another company's thread. We had to make a logical step by step thread to help answer customer questions and unfortunately that type of information will overlap in some areas, however we do fundamentally disagree with recommending 1-7/8'' headers to everyone as the standard best choice.

Just as if we make a general intake thread, you better bet we will highlight and recommend Cold Air Inductions, Roto-Fab, New Era, etc. 95% of the content are undisputed facts.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #20
AutoAgenda

Old 06-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #21
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice2SS View Post
Sooooo I am going to go against all that spend the $$ blah blah blah. I paid under $400 for my headers and connection pipes. Clear image headers in 304 stainless steel. I made 366/388 with headers, cai, and tune.
Just installed a set of Clear Image headers the other day. I bought them and had them JetHot coated for still hundreds less than most headers that are offered. Sorry but its completely ridiculous to spend more than $1k on a set of headers

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #22
AutoAgenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-2SS View Post
Just installed a set of Clear Image headers the other day. I bought them and had them JetHot coated for still hundreds less than most headers that are offered. Sorry but its completely ridiculous to spend more than $1k on a set of headers
Clear Image only makes bolt-on 1-3/4'' correct? Stainless Power is another option which is about half the price of ARH.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #23
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
We highly recommend the 2'' primaries as there is no downside, especially when modding beyond a CAI and Tune. We are open to debate, but our dyno results consistently show 2'' having a slight but solid performance advantage. (Dollar per HP, picking up the last 5 hp for $45 is very beneficial, especially if adding additional mods, that 5 hp quickly turns to 15) .
There is a possible downside, the fitment. There isn't much room on the driverside around the steering column. There are people that have fitment issues with the 1 7/8 headers as well. 2in would hit even more people. It has been noted that some engines have been known to sit one way or the other a few mm, which could be one of the culprits. Not everyone has the ability to lift their engine and move it over the few mm necessary to gain the room.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #24
2012-2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Clear Image only makes bolt-on 1-3/4'' correct? Stainless Power is another option which is about half the price of ARH.
Ya that's right 1 3/4" primaries. But still about half the price of Stainless Power. So unless the 1/8" difference in primary diameter is that important I don't see a point in spending double your money.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

2012-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #25
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Jba only made(don't anymore) 1 3/4" for the g8 which was fine to me.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #26
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers w/ Mid Pipes f/ Speed Unlimited-$599.99

Part #-B4540310

in my months of research, that was the best deal I could find. Granted this was more than a year ago.
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:11 PM   #27
burnningice

Drives: 2016 SS Mosaic Black
this thread helps me out.
burnningice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:27 PM   #28
Brandon8791

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
We went with SLP Ceramic coated long tubes... they are doing great on our car noticed a big difference in power.. on top of that they already have the ceramic coating on them. We got ours at a steal for only $750 with the high flow cats. Has a thick flange so won't have any gasket problems literally bolted right up used factory gm gaskets
Brandon8791 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arh, auto agenda, headers, long tube headers, stainless works