Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 04-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #29
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
I will be doing this when I get some free time. My girlfriend can't see over the dash :(

Thanks for the writeup!
My wife has the same problem, but I'm mean and think it's hilarious...

But - I'll probably do it someday...
Old 04-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #30
The Ratchet

Drives: 2011 RJT Vert 2LT/RS
Question

Someone had mentioned a part list, etc. So I'm a little confused on this whole process.

I have a 2011 with a manual passenger seat. I'd like it to be a power seat. So what exactly do I need to buy and from where?

After I have the items I'm handy and can follow all these instructions, which is great, thanks so much for posting, but you start off the thread not mentioning what hardware/electrical is required to be ordered from GM or wherever.

I'm assuming that this involves using the same existing seat, and just doing the underneath rail/hardware modification, or, does this involve buying a whole new seat as well?
The Ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #31
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
If I was to get a whole seat from the 2012 will it work as in plug and play without having to mess with any wires. I am a little confused, on another site a guy swaped one into his 2011 convert. and said it was a plug and play. Would like to do this mod also.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #32
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
2011/12 seats and wiring are DIFFERENT than the 2010 from what I understand. This writeup was using the 2SS parts list that Ofer had (see links in post 1) and uses the existing seat back, the lower pads/leather and hardware. It just uses the new lower seat base and harness, and a piece of the old harness for the seat sliding switch for 2010 only.

Yours might be even more simple than this if it's a 2011. I don't know if a 12 seat will work as a plug n play in a 2011. But if you got the whole seat, you're miles ahead.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #33
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I used your DIY 2 weeks ago to do this for a member and his wife, there both happy for it, its not hard to do at all.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #34
Hatebreed69

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Can I just replace the seat with a seat from a 2012 Camaro? Will the air bag sensor work? Will the wiring plug in?
Hatebreed69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #35
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ratchet View Post
Someone had mentioned a part list, etc. So I'm a little confused on this whole process.

I have a 2011 with a manual passenger seat. I'd like it to be a power seat. So what exactly do I need to buy and from where?

After I have the items I'm handy and can follow all these instructions, which is great, thanks so much for posting, but you start off the thread not mentioning what hardware/electrical is required to be ordered from GM or wherever.

I'm assuming that this involves using the same existing seat, and just doing the underneath rail/hardware modification, or, does this involve buying a whole new seat as well?
The first post has a link to a thread on another forum that has a parts list that appears to be complete. If I do this mod, I'd probably buy from GMPartsDirect.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #36
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Excellent write-up and excellent job! One problem though, no final product pic! I've searched and it seems once everyone get's done they are too excited to snap a quick finished photo, lol. Which I totally understand by the way. Anyone have a finished picture they could post?

Thank You all for the information, it's why I love this site!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #37
ssummit camaro

Drives: 2013 1LE on order TPW 12/31
Is there any pics of final product. Trying to piece the parts I need to do this mod. Also has anyone done this to a cloth seat car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Excellent write-up and excellent job! One problem though, no final product pic! I've searched and it seems once everyone get's done they are too excited to snap a quick finished photo, lol. Which I totally understand by the way. Anyone have a finished picture they could post?

Thank You all for the information, it's why I love this site!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #38
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
I'm in the middle of doing this upgrade and I too have the mystery switch on the on the inner track and my new harness does not have the wiring for it. I have the GM shop manuals for my 2010 and it calls this a seat position sensor. It says that it is used to determine which stage of the dual stage air bag deploys in a collision. I can see why this is important and why you get an air bag light when it is not installed. Modifying the harness and installing the sensor seems straightforward enough, but I'm wondering why the 2012 doesn't have this sensor. Do the 2012s not have dual stage air bags or do they have some other way of sensing seat the position? There's another thread on Modern Camaro about a guy doing this mod on a 2011 V6 convertible. He doesn't mention anything about this sensor on harness mods in his write up. Do 2011s not have this sensor either? Or is it the V6s that do not have it? Maybe convertibles don't have dual stage air bags? The V6s call for a different harness PN, but I've never understood this either. Why would something need to be different in the seat of a V6 vs a V8? If anyone knows, post up the answers. This mod would be easier if we really had a plug n play harness and now I'm wondering if there if there might be one, if we knew it's PN.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 04-16-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #39
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Ok, I'm now finished with this mod and mine was a little PIA, because I some how managed to get my inner and outer recliner mechanisms out of sync with each other. More on that in a minute, but first I found the PN for the missing bracket that the center clip on the outboard cover clips to. It's PN 92230451 and the screw is PN 92230452. The screw is the same one that's left over from the inboard cover, but I'd already put that one back in, using one of those trim clips, so I wouldn't have an empty hole. Speaking of the inboard cover, I tried to find the correct one for that also, but I didn't have much luck. Everybody's catalog shows it as being the same one as non-power. I did find one other PN for a 2013 convertible and I thought I'd order it just to see if it might be the correct one, but my local dealer said that it was a "future" part and that it hadn't been released yet.
Now to the PIA part. When I put my seat back together, I had a terrible time getting the bolt holes in the seat back to line up with the holes in the base. I could get any three to line up but the fourth one would always be out. I finally put some pressure on the seat and got the bolt in. When I put the seat back in the car the inboard rail was parallel with the floorboard, but the rear of the outboard rail was about a inch and a half from the floorboard. I thought that this was strange, but I hoped that the bolt would pull it down. It did, but I noticed that as it was pulling down the track, the seatback was twisting. By the time the bolt was tight the seatback was severely twisted. I thought WTF! They've sold me a warped seat frame assembly. I took the seat back out of the car and studied it for a while and came to the conclusion that somehow the inner and outer recliner mechanisms in the seatback had lost their "clocked" relationship. They're tied together with a spline shaft with a flat on it. I removed the clips from the shaft, slid the shaft out of the inner mechanism, rotated it exactly one turn, reinstalled it and problem solved! Seat went back in the car a fit perfectly. That was over a week ago and it works perfectly. I just can't figure out how it got out of whack in the first place. But I figured if it happened to me it could happen to someone else, so I'd write it up and post it.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 04-11-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #40
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Will 2014's fit in 2011's?

I may be able to get a complete leather set out of a 2014.

I'm thinking it may require a new harness.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #41
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Would you know if I get a complete 2014 Power Passenger seat from a scrap yard that it would fit...Plug & Play. Or is more than that (I have the early version 2010 2LT)

Thanks

Rick
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #42
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Would you know if I get a complete 2014 Power Passenger seat from a scrap yard that it would fit...Plug & Play. Or is more than that (I have the early version 2010 2LT)

Thanks

Rick
Thankfully that scrap yard has a few As I'm looking to pull the complete leather interior at some point.

I'm hoping everything is plug and play.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote