Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 05-21-2021, 06:23 PM   #1
Wacko37

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2007 2500HD D-Max
Sticky Motorsports Monoball bushing install

So for any track or autocross racer i think these are a must! Not only does it keep your alignment true, it frees up the suspension in the front to do its job properly. Overall an awesome product from our Cam Nation brotherin!! I know my install write up isnt great but its hard working alone.

These things look good!

First step was to remove the old arms. I used an impact to loosen the nuts on the ball joints, then with a series of hits to the spindle right by the joints and a little on the end of the joints with a BFH they cam out. (pretty hard hits btw) After the joints are out its easy to undo the bolts at the frame and pull the arms right out.

soaked in PB Blast

Next was to press the old bushings out. As my car did live in NJ for a bit, this was a bit sketchy even with the right tools. I used a hydraulic press and a series of plates and sockets to fit exactly over the stock bushings. When i say it had this 20 ton press tight, holy crap! at one point on one of the radius rod bushings i had to get the press tight enough it was getting hard to pump the jack then bang on the side of the radius rod to get it to step out. BE CAREFUL!! after a lot of load noises we finnally got them out.

Now onto putting the new out bushings in. On the radius rods these slipped in with out trouble and a little tapping. The lower control arms i did use the press but it didnt take much at all. Additionally, due to GM's great tolerences, a couple of the snap rings i did have to use a punch to seat them in all the way. Not a big deal and to be expected in cast parts.

Now for the install back in the car. This was simple but i did have to use some tricks on the ball joints. For the lower control arm i used a jack to press the joint in and ran the nut down with an impact (not too many ugga dugga's)

For the radius rod i used a pry bar between the head of the bolt in the pic and the joint to press it in so i could run the nut on.

And for the final pics

Overall i cant wait to run again with these! Kieth told me that since i wont have the deflection anymore that i should bring my camber from my current -3.2 to probably 2.5-2.8 which is great know things wont be squishing anymore in my front end and my alignment will stay true!!
2010 Summit white SS/RS, Manzo full exhaust w/2" primaries, Roto-Fab intake, FE4 conversion, JRI Coilovers built by Ult_Performance w/hypercoils, BMR sway, BMR trailing arms, UMI toe links, solid sub-frame bushings, upper control arm bushings, radius inserts, caster locks, Taylor wires, BTR spec'd cam, tuned by ECS, various little lighting mods, ebay SLP splitter, Heritage grille, ZL1 rockers, Apex 19x11 w/RE-71r's 305/30/19, eaton tru-trac

2007 2500HD Duramax, Built trans, custom tuned beast
Wacko37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:15 PM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Have you had a chance to run them on the street or track.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:15 PM   #3
Wacko37

Drove to work today and have an auto-x on Sunday. As far as street, there is more noises but that is to be expected. The steering response is very noticeable. Like my turn in has always been good but now it feels like immediately response. NO laziness in the front end anymore. I'll report back next week with results from my auto-x.
2010 Summit white SS/RS, Manzo full exhaust w/2" primaries, Roto-Fab intake, FE4 conversion, JRI Coilovers built by Ult_Performance w/hypercoils, BMR sway, BMR trailing arms, UMI toe links, solid sub-frame bushings, upper control arm bushings, radius inserts, caster locks, Taylor wires, BTR spec'd cam, tuned by ECS, various little lighting mods, ebay SLP splitter, Heritage grille, ZL1 rockers, Apex 19x11 w/RE-71r's 305/30/19, eaton tru-trac

Old 06-10-2021, 07:14 PM   #4
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
What part of NJ are you?

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:38 AM   #5
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Did you have aftermarket radius rod bushing inserts? From the pic it looks like you might have had the JPSS delrin inserts.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:46 AM   #6
Wacko37

Im no longer in NJ, im in OK now. Guess i need to change that.

I did have the JPSS inserts!

Old 06-14-2021, 09:39 AM   #7
Wacko37

Ok so i have Auto-x results now! Front end is definitely more responsive, turn-in is awesome. Additionally, its more consistent. Kinda hard to explain this one but best i cant say is it feels the EXACT same every turn. I also wasn't getting the turning shutter at the limits but not sure if it was the tires/track that day or if it was due to these bushings. Overall very happy and i was able to take FTD!!!!