Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #29
CamaroCK
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS
What about tinted tailights, legal or not?
CamaroCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #30
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCK View Post
depends on how dark you go.

if you black them out to where they're only visible at night, you're gonna get busted by the fuzz.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #31
CamaroCK
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS
Ohh, alright cool. Thanks.
CamaroCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #32
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureh2o2 View Post
I recently purchased 3040 KRAG from a collector that I sold it 2 years ago. Kept rifle and ammo in trunk w/rifle unloaded....that was right? Thanks!
I would ask someone who knows the gun laws here in California. I believe as long as the firearm is unloaded and transported in a locked container then you are okay. But this is a Camaro forum.. so yeah...
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #33
ealfaro

Drives: 2011 2ss
whaty about the headlight armor stealth smoke taillights? I heard there fine, any one no for sure?
ealfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #34
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ealfaro View Post
whaty about the headlight armor stealth smoke taillights? I heard there fine, any one no for sure?
They can issue fix-it tickets for it but would probably only ticket you during the day since the taillights are clearly visible at night...I know here in Bakersfield the Police only use tinted lights as an excuse to pull you over if they suspect you've been drinking but in all reality (even though they really don't) laws will vary by your location as far as what they'll ticket you for. Hope this helps a little...
Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #35
daddyuhoh

Drives: '10 SS1/'03 Tahoe/'06 Harley
Been reaserching for a cam but the Calif regs is making it really rediculas. Taking the car to SD Sat to get the wheels powder coated matt black and a Victory Red pin stripe too. You probably @ SEMA having a better time than me!!! Enjoy.
daddyuhoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #36
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
From the CHP website regarding the transportation of firearms.......in your Camaro!

California law does not recognize concealed weapon permits from other states; therefore, they would not be held valid. If you wish to transport a handgun during your California visit, it should be carried unloaded in a locked container. In the absence of a suitable container, you may secure the unloaded handgun in the locked trunk of a passenger car. Ammunition may be kept in the same container or trunk, but the handgun must remain unloaded with no rounds in the cylinder and no loaded magazines in the magazine well.

I'll try to find the exact vehicle code for this as well.

Todd.
Although, in CA it is "legal" to open carry correct?
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #37
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
You can open carry so long as gun is NOT loaded. But then every cop who sees you is going to aggressively stop you to find out why you're carrying and to verify the status of your gun (loaded or not).

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #38
redjewel0331

Drives: Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SSRS
wassup brotha?! good to see you on here....glad to know you've got a camaro as well. sweet!
redjewel0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #39
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post
You can open carry so long as gun is NOT loaded. But then every cop who sees you is going to aggressively stop you to find out why you're carrying and to verify the status of your gun (loaded or not).
If I remember right not only does the gun have to be NOT loaded but the ammo itself actually has to be outside the reach of the driver...please correct me if I'm wrong on that because it wouldn't be the first time
Old 11-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #40
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
Quote:
If I remember right not only does the gun have to be NOT loaded but the ammo itself actually has to be outside the reach of the driver...please correct me if I'm wrong on that because it wouldn't be the first time
We're talking about two different things..... by "open carry", I was referring to the act of carrying a gun on your person in a holster NOT CONCEALED.

I believe you are referring to transporting a firearm in a vehicle. Ammo can be carried in the cab, within reach but the firearm MUST be UNLOADED and either locked in the trunk or in a lockable box if in the cab.

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #41
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCK View Post
Rod2010 was nailed this past week for some vinyl flames on his tail lights. Maybe he will see this and post a close up of the picture. I would be interested in finding the wording for his violation to see if there's a certain size that the taillights must be.

26101. No person shall sell or offer for sale for use upon or as part of the equipment of a vehicle, nor shall any person use upon a vehicle, any device that is intended to modify the original design or performance of any lighting equipment, safety glazing material, or other device, unless the modifying device meets the provisions of Section 26104. This section does not apply to a taillamp or stop lamp in use on or prior to December 1, 1935, or to lamps installed on authorized emergency vehicles.
Attached Images

Last edited by Silver2SSRS6spd; 11-24-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Silver2SSRS6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #42
2010rod
JAWS

Drives: 2010 2SS Silver Ice Metallic
Attached Images