Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
dfairman
KKLR BEE

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS manual
Squeeky Blower Motor...BEWARE!!!

So, I was reading another thread about people who's blower was squeeking and the general concensus was that the motor should be replaced under warranty. So, I took mine in to get it replaced. The next morning, when I went to use a little heat, the coolant smell was everywhere and my windows started fogging up!!!

I took it back in today (3 days later) and all of a sudden my heater core has a leak!!!! I got the old, "There's no way what we did could cause that..." and I almost strangled the $#!% out of the service advisor. So, now I have to leave the car there until they get the core in (Monday). Then he's telling me they have to remove the windshield and dash and it's a pretty big job...

So... the moral of the story is, just turn your damn radio up and don't worry about the squeek...

Not speeding... just qualifying
dfairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:37 AM   #2
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I can tell you that they have to take out the windshield to get to the heater core. Pretty crappy design if you ask me.

For your reading enjoyment:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141131
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
greenmachinedriver

Drives: white 2010 ss and 2011 6.2 silvy
i dont think there is any way they could have damaged your heater core when replacing your blower motor. unless the tech reached his arm into the heater case with the motor out and started stabbing it with a screwdriver.

sorry id would be bumed too but dont take it out on your service department.
greenmachinedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
xtreme industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt RS
my motor started to squeek, i just left it alone and it stopped a week later and has never made a sound since.
xtreme industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
TheHorse13

Sometimes the cure is worse than the illness.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #6
dfairman
KKLR BEE

Okay, it gets better!!! These morons broke my windshield now!! Car won't be ready until thursday now!!! Not happy...

Old 04-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
dfairman
KKLR BEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinedriver View Post
i dont think there is any way they could have damaged your heater core when replacing your blower motor. unless the tech reached his arm into the heater case with the motor out and started stabbing it with a screwdriver.

sorry id would be bumed too but dont take it out on your service department.
I understand what you (and the service department) are saying. I'm not an unreasonable guy. Plus I'm pretty mechanically inclined However it's awfully coincidental that the coolant started leaking the day after I picked up my car. You have to admit that??

Old 04-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
Synergy5/2SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfairman View Post
I understand what you (and the service department) are saying. I'm not an unreasonable guy. Plus I'm pretty mechanically inclined However it's awfully coincidental that the coolant started leaking the day after I picked up my car. You have to admit that??
Admit what?? Stuff happens, its covered, your getting a new windshield for free. Chances of cutting out a windshield in any urethane glued car, without breakage is almost zero, plus cleaning off the old glue.. What exactly is the harm done?? You actually sound pretty unreasonable in your posts about this.
I see so many customers "go off" at service department employees over this type of issue. What is the point, because your "THE CUSTOMER"? That becomes an excuse to be an ass ? Not saying you were, but why aren't you posting Great news I 'm getting a free heater core, blower motor and windshield !!! Life is good.
Synergy5/2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
dfairman
KKLR BEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy5/2SS View Post
Admit what?? Stuff happens, its covered, your getting a new windshield for free. Chances of cutting out a windshield in any urethane glued car, without breakage is almost zero, plus cleaning off the old glue.. What exactly is the harm done?? You actually sound pretty unreasonable in your posts about this.
I see so many customers "go off" at service department employees over this type of issue. What is the point, because your "THE CUSTOMER"? That becomes an excuse to be an ass ? Not saying you were, but why aren't you posting Great news I 'm getting a free heater core, blower motor and windshield !!! Life is good.
Read the whole post buddy... I'm mad because they accused me of doing something to the core. Now they get my car for two weeks and I'm supposed to be glad I'm getting a heater core (in So Cal) and a windshield!!!???? Don't defend a mechanic just because they're a mechanic... That's being an ass...

Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #10
dfairman
KKLR BEE

Tell me again...

why I should be happy I'm getting a new windshield??? This is an obvious design flaw with the heater core location and how one can access it...
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #11
TheHorse13

Just looking at those pictures makes me think that while they may replace the windshield and the heater core, what else will they fail to reassemble properly when they go to put your entire dash back in the car.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Yikes! And I thought pulling the dash to replace the heater core in a 5.0 Mustang was a pain in the ass...
Old 05-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
TWO SS CAMAROS

Drives: 2010SS/2011SS W HEADS UP
ugh i was going to take mrs 2011 in for the squeak ,, well i dont think i will now !!!
TWO SS CAMAROS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
i would be worries about the dash.. it marks up really easily. . I know this because I just did the HUD install.