Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #29
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Got the ATAK on my car and have to say I love the sound of it on startup and when cruising. Can't wait to get my headers installed, will post a video of how it sounds after installation.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #30
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Got the ATAK on my car and have to say I love the sound of it on startup and when cruising. Can't wait to get my headers installed, will post a video of how it sounds after installation.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #31
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
As promised here is a quick video I made with the Borla exhaust system and the sp headers.

http://youtu.be/ov4Bl42pH_o

Sorry I'm on the phone so I have limited resources lol
Old 05-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #32
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
As promised here is a quick video I made with the Borla exhaust system and the sp headers.

http://youtu.be/ov4Bl42pH_o

Sorry I'm on the phone so I have limited resources lol
Old 05-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #33
mikystyle
Check your Pants

Drives: 2013 ZL1 "Beast"
What do we think the difference would be between these two systems on an LSA ZL1 as I'm also trying to decide between these two. Headers would be my first choice but I can't tune do to warranty reasons.

'13 ZL1
Root-fab
JBA Catless Mids
mikystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #34
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikystyle View Post
What do we think the difference would be between these two systems on an LSA ZL1 as I'm also trying to decide between these two. Headers would be my first choice but I can't tune do to warranty reasons.
The differences between the two are similar on the ZL1 to what they are on the SS. The Retro Chambered is slightly louder and considerably deeper.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #35
mikystyle
Check your Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
The differences between the two are similar on the ZL1 to what they are on the SS. The Retro Chambered is slightly louder and considerably deeper.
That's what I figured. All the YouTube videos and sound clips seem to be with headers so it's hard to tell what kind of a difference either make as far as sound level over stock especially on the LSA. What do you guys do as far as warranty a or exchanges go on the SW system as I've heard some nightmare stories on that system bolting up and the modifications needed to get it to fit?

'13 ZL1
Root-fab
JBA Catless Mids
Old 05-18-2015, 02:28 PM   #36
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
That's what I figured. All the YouTube videos and sound clips seem to be with headers so it's hard to tell what kind of a difference either make as far as sound level over stock especially on the LSA. What do you guys do as far as warranty a or exchanges go on the SW system as I've heard some nightmare stories on that system bolting up and the modifications needed to get it to fit?
We and Stainless Works will back you up 100% and make sure you get taken care of. In 5 years of being a Stainless Works distributor I can only recall once that a customer had a legit fitment issue. It should be pretty straightforward and definitely not require and modification. In fact, if it ever came to that you should call before you start cutting. Once you do there is only so much that can be done.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #37
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
What if I get the stainless works Catback and cut off the xpipe and replace with H pipe? How will that change the sound?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:49 PM   #38
mikystyle
Check your Pants

Quote:
We and Stainless Works will back you up 100% and make sure you get taken care of. In 5 years of being a Stainless Works distributor I can only recall once that a customer had a legit fitment issue. It should be pretty straightforward and definitely not require and modification. In fact, if it ever came to that you should call before you start cutting. Once you do there is only so much that can be done.
Good to know, thanks. I'll probably be sending you a on shortly to place an order. Gotta check pricing first

'13 ZL1
Root-fab
JBA Catless Mids
Old 05-18-2015, 06:23 PM   #39
WishIhad4WD

Drives: 2012 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS M6
I love my Stainless Works Retro Chambered catback. It's very loud with the 1 7/8" Stainless Power headers and high flow cats. It has a great, deep, muscular, somewhat exotic tone. I did plenty of research before choosing it since I wanted to do it right and forget about it.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:34 PM   #40
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I've not heard of any issues with SW.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #41
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Good to know, thanks. I'll probably be sending you a on shortly to place an order. Gotta check pricing first
Sounds good. If you find a lower price let me know and I'll get you taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishIhad4WD View Post
I love my Stainless Works Retro Chambered catback. It's very loud with the 1 7/8" Stainless Power headers and high flow cats. It has a great, deep, muscular, somewhat exotic tone. I did plenty of research before choosing it since I wanted to do it right and forget about it.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:03 AM   #42
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
Sounds good. If you find a lower price let me know and I'll get you taken care of.

Ok bro I think I'm going to get the Stainless Works cat back. For my 2013 1LE single turbo. I'm just curious to knkw if I should get the one with the cat delete or the retro chambered one ?

I sent you a private message by the way. Thanks
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borla atak, retro chambered cat back, stainless works