Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #15
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Fellows great news the shocks from Maperformance showed up today. Not bad ordered on friday afternoon and on my door step this am. They have these things in stock that means alot to someone like me. I want everything as soon as I order it. Will be doing the install tomm. Will return with some results. (just got to figure out how to read all this german.)
Old 02-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #16
rdono
Cavallino

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IMO-IMO
IMHO: you can not go wrong with Pedders. The quality is unsurpassed and they are the now being offered (soon) by GM on several performance vehicles. I believe they had the top performing Camaro at the OPTIMA CHALLENGE. They make a lot of "kits" so be sure to compare. For my money if your serious about track performance then Pedders is the way to go. The only issue with them is that the products now so popular they can not keep up with demand.

good luck which ever way you go.
rdono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #17
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I'm leaning towards KW or Pfadt myself. Pfadt is $$ tho.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #18
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Once more question..I plan on doing a 1.25-1.50" drop..will I have any trouble getting it in alignment? Do I need to buy anything special?
HaZe_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #19
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
Once more question..I plan on doing a 1.25-1.50" drop..will I have any trouble getting it in alignment? Do I need to buy anything special?
Pedders has some very distinct advantges over most coil overs:
1. No matter what height you set them at, you still have full suspension travel, which gives killer ride quality
2. GM has checked them out more than any other coil over. GM bought a ton of them for all their Camaros at Sema. We did not give them to them.
3. We offer 30 way detented adjustability with a Monotube, high pressure gas strut.
4. Some of the coil overs will not allow you to adjust the high speed part of your dampers. Pedders will
5. KW does not warrant their coil overs if you race. Pedders does

As far as alignments, it depends on where you want your alignment at; within GM specs or optimum alignment.

Hope this helps

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #20
Jontall

Drives: GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
1. No matter what height you set them at, you still have full suspension travel, which gives killer ride quality
2. GM has checked them out more than any other coil over. GM bought a ton of them for all their Camaros at Sema. We did not give them to them.
3. We offer 30 way detented adjustability with a Monotube, high pressure gas strut.
4. Some of the coil overs will not allow you to adjust the high speed part of your dampers. Pedders will

As far as alignments, it depends on where you want your alignment at; within GM specs or optimum alignment.

Hope this helps

mike
dms
Pedders has no lifetime guarantee.
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #21
ajjones44

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontall View Post
So who does offer lifetime guarantees? Thanks.
ajjones44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #22
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontall View Post
Nor does KWs. Plus if you race KW's then that will void their warranty

So did you sell you GTO to get a Camaro?
mike
dms

Last edited by Info@PeddersUSA.com; 02-11-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #23
Mark-HD

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post

Hope this helps

mike
dms
Don't the Pfadt and the KW v3's allow height adjustment while retaining full travel as well? Or did I miss something?
2010 Camaro SS, M6, MTI shifter and sway bars, GM quarter flares, Corsa catback, Roto-Fab CAI, 30% tinted windows, Lloyd's custom mats, Hawk ceramic pads, Pedders lower coils, Magnuson supercharger with 3.6 pulley, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Kook's LT's1 7/8 w/cats, Lingenfelter/SLP billet pedals, KW V'3 Coilovers, RevExtreme catch can, ---Ordered--- IconZ LS7 9 & 11" polished wheels!. Dyno'd 563.05 HP, 543.86 Torq.
Mark-HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #24
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-HD View Post
Don't the Pfadt and the KW v3's allow height adjustment while retaining full travel as well? Or did I miss something?
You didn't miss anything
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #25
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Because we have not officially launched our coilovers yet, there is not a tremendous amout of details out there on them. I'll try to fill in a few of the high points of what is coming very soon. Those of you who made it to SEMA could see the package, but that has been the only real public showing. I've added some info below in regards to the features of the Pfadt coilovers and why they are a bit more expensive as a result.

The main features of our Pfadt Coilovers:

*Inverted monotube design in on the front strut. This provides that really large shaft section that you see with our front coilover. That is important because the front strut takes cornering loads in these cars and the stiffer the tube, the better. This has the effect of placing the adjuster knob on the bottom of the strut for easy access. It is a click style adjuster with 20 clicks that are very positive and easy to feel. It is a simple matter of reaching around the front tire and making a couple of twists to change your damping. There are no unnecessary adjustment levels. More clicks does not mean more dampening adjustment.

*Inverted body design on the rear damper. This reduces unsprung mass (a good thing) and also places the adjuster at the bottom of the damper where you can reach it. It is also a click style adjuster wrapped around the shaft section just below the spring perch.

*Our dampers in both the front and rear feature single point adjust-ability which controls both compression and rebound damping together. This is a design that we have found to be very flexible and user friendly in our Corvette offerings. Basically, you do not need to be a damper engineer to be comfortable making adjustments and it is easy to switch from a 'street' setup to a 'track' setup with just a few clicks.

*Our damper are mono-tube design and feature a separate internal gas chamber, which in the industry is referred to as 'non-emulsion' design. Mono-tube non-emulsion shocks are what you find on most every production based race car everywhere. It is the best design and provides the most consistent and reliable operation. Many of the other offerings for the Camaro are not, ask the manufacturer if you are curious.

*Our coilovers take a 'standard' flat ground race spring. Many other use a custom spring to fit the Camaro specifically. Using a standard spring size allows extreme flexibility in spring rate choice. You can call up any race supplier and order springs in 25 lb/in increments that will work on our coilovers. We provide a set with our coilovers that will work well for most people, but the flexibility is there for those who want it.

*Our Coilovers work with our Pfadt camber plates. Adjust front camber easily, quickly, and in a repeatable fashion. These are good for well over an extra degree of negative camber (relative to the OEM adjustment). These are available separately, for the OEM strut, or our coilovers.

*Our coilover design has been the result of extensive testing, and engineering analysis. We have these capabilities in-house, and exploit this at every opportunity. Our company has expertise built on OE engineering, and actual motorsport experience.

Another benefit of our company is that we are here to talk to you. If you want to speak with one of our engineers, just give us a call. We pride ourselves on customer interaction. I hope the points outlined above give you a good idea of the differences. Please get in touch with us if you need any further info, we appreciate it. Thanks!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:12 AM   #26
ChevyThunder

Drives: pinto
Sure is taking everyone a long time to get their coil overs produced and up to speed...... last two set I had made custom by ProTrac took less than two weeks........
ChevyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #27
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
I've never heard of KW ... I have only ever heard of Pfadt and Pedders... I wonder how KW compares..
Old 03-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #28
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
I'm leaning toward KW V3.