Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Picture Request....concept and production side by side

I would love to see this done...like the real concept compared to both an ss and rs preferably silver metallic

i'd like to see if i can maybe customize the front grille somehow to match the concept..i'd also like to see the different dimensions

as you can see from the photos i'm posting that the first one is a mix of the concept and production and i'd like to make the front face of the actual convertible more like the first picture...notice the difference in size and the angular point it lost on its way to production...is there any way i can pay a custom shop to change the front of my camaro and is it legal...although the second one looks good and i can't wait for the vert...i just want to know if i can improve the front of it to look like the first pic

Last edited by chevydude26; 04-24-2009 at 07:05 PM.
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
ehhh, your looking at a v6 and a v8 below... different facias.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
ehhh, your looking at a v6 and a v8 below... different facias.
even the v6 fascia doesn't look like the first picture...it doesn't have the angular shape to it anymore...the camaro bulked up a bit during production...it used to be more of a lean muscular car...but it still looks good but if its not silver ice metallic and its an ss it looks bloated

and yes i saw them at the ny auto show...silver ice metallic has a slimming effect v6 or v8 and you can see the lines better while the other colors just make it look bloated for some reason...especially the ss front fascia on different colors

but to my eyes the silver ice metallic looks slimmer ...must be some sort of illusion

edit...okay the angular shape is still there i just happen to really like the v6 front fascia a whole lot better and would it be easy to switch the ss and v6 front fascias??

Last edited by chevydude26; 04-24-2009 at 07:27 PM.
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
somethin I just realized............. Look at the grill of the first convert
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
jimhowie2000

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT/RS & 6 older Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
somethin I just realized............. Look at the grill of the first convert
yep, only seems to have horizontal bars for the upper and lower grille. Looks cleaner than the production version to me.
jimhowie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
I would love to see this done...like the real concept compared to both an ss and rs preferably silver metallic

i'd like to see if i can maybe customize the front grille somehow to match the concept..i'd also like to see the different dimensions

as you can see from the photos i'm posting that the first one is a mix of the concept and production and i'd like to make the front face of the actual convertible more like the first picture...notice the difference in size and the angular point it lost on its way to production...is there any way i can pay a custom shop to change the front of my camaro and is it legal...although the second one looks good and i can't wait for the vert...i just want to know if i can improve the front of it to look like the first pic

I guarantee I can fin you some kind of comparison pictures... give me a few minutes, I'll try to find some close one
Old 04-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #7
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Here you go Chevydude26. This is about the best I got, I hope it helps a little. I have some more, and I'll try to wrangle them together if need be.

EDIT: Sorry about the headlights on the concept in one of the photos. It was the only one I had. Thanks to Dragoneye for the Photoshop though
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #8
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
Here you go Chevydude26. This is about the best I got, I hope it helps a little. I have some more, and I'll try to wrangle them together if need be.

EDIT: Sorry about the headlights on the concept in one of the photos. It was the only one I had. Thanks to Dragoneye for the Photoshop though
Thank you very much its appreciated... the lower grill is a smidge smaller on the concept and the concept seems to be a bit shorter and slightly longer which explains why on the production especially on certain colors it looks a little bulkier

and i really prefer the smaller front fascias over the ss fascias

but gm did a great job making this car happen and i can't wait for the convertible to come out

i'll try when i get mine to see if some shop could slightly modify the front fascia for me
Old 04-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #9
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
Thank you very much its appreciated... the lower grill is a smidge smaller on the concept and the concept seems to be a bit shorter and slightly longer which explains why on the production especially on certain colors it looks a little bulkier

and i really prefer the smaller front fascias over the ss fascias

but gm did a great job making this car happen and i can't wait for the convertible to come out

i'll try when i get mine to see if some shop could slightly modify the front fascia for me
After actually looking at those photos closer, I see what you mean. It's been a LONG time since I've looked at the concept.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:36 AM   #10
JGalli

Drives: '02 WRX
Nice to finally a see car go from concept to production and not change too much. Most production cars look nothing like their concept.

Waiting for the 45th Anniversary SS... need to buy a house first.
JGalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #11
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I had forgotten how different yet how similar the concept loos to the production. I can live with the bulkyness and other minor changes to the car. Once you own it and are driving around in that Corvette like speed, it will make you forget and fall in love all over again. Anyways at first I complained about the roofline being taller than the concept. However it is still pretty low compared to even the Corvette in dimensions and I think the overall design is more user friendly now. The car has to not only look great, but be able to be safe for drivers of all shapes and sizes..That is a tough task.