Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Local Marketplace

Old 05-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #43
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsears View Post
Micheal, just got back from Excelsior yesterday. Kushaun did a bang up job correcting the "richness" on my car. The mainline dyno, from what I hear shoot a little bit lower than most dynos as I was only pulling 314hp in 4th. I've got a Vararam, Fast 102 Intake Manifold, ARH LTs, HF Cats and a Xpipe. Kushaun showed me the dyno graphs, explaining why the low numbers and stating that high HP is not a concern of his versus reliablity and consistent power through the powerband. It shows. Although it is a bit pricey, I would recommend him. Tell him Tim with the FAST intake manifold sent you.

I'm also buying a couple packages from him soon. The first on being ported Throttle body, plugs and wires.

Driving around last night and WOT the car seems to have gained a lot from the tune(just a mild tune) Power is consistent. I would like to get to the track and run some numbers and maybe head over to another shop using a dynojet dyno to get a couple of pulls.
Thanks for the input! I'll consider a trip over to him for a custom tune after I try out my new Trinity - new one should be here soon.

Thanks!
Michael J.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:50 AM   #44
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I was hoping to find some in the Sacramento Metro/Northern California area, but not all the way over to the bay.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #45
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
I appreciate the input Ryne. I'd like to hear from TSears when he gets back as I really prefer to stay local. My suspension work at Stillen has taught me closer is MUCH better!
I would go see Ryne as he has tuned many of friends cars and also my fathers and mine. He is a great tuner and only 45 min away.

DW
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #46
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I was hoping to find some in the Sacramento Metro/Northern California area, but not all the way over to the bay.
Contact Mark Roman at markr@chevyworld.com. He is a very talented GM tuner in the Sacromento area.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #47
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Contact Mark Roman at markr@chevyworld.com. He is a very talented GM tuner in the Sacromento area.

thanks
mike
dms
eww Thanks Mike!!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #48
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Wish i was still in Cali. Looks like a lot of good shops. I can't find any good reliable shops here in vegas. Looking for a turbo setup for my v6. I know there's not a lot out there now, but willing to use my car as a test mule and maybe get a discount and help the v6 community. We are hurtin for some boost!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #49
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Wish i was still in Cali. Looks like a lot of good shops. I can't find any good reliable shops here in vegas. Looking for a turbo setup for my v6. I know there's not a lot out there now, but willing to use my car as a test mule and maybe get a discount and help the v6 community. We are hurtin for some boost!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74032
http://www.wickedhp.com/
Old 05-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #50
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaM4r05 View Post
what are some online aftermarket parts stores that everyone shops at?
Welcome to the site!
Do you currently own a Camaro? Pics? Details?

There is a vendor section to look up for many different aftermarket parts. It really depends what you're looking for. Take a look there and there are also many threads with comments on the different parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 4 DW View Post
I would go see Ryne as he has tuned many of friends cars and also my fathers and mine. He is a great tuner and only 45 min away.

DW
I understand that, but my point is to stay local. It's very hard to travel so far and be at the mercy of the distance, time, and possible rental cars. I really am trying to stay close to home

thanks though!
Michael J.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 05-29-2010, 03:08 AM   #51
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Motors View Post
Visit one of the largest, most well equipped & professionally staffed performance shops in California.

Conveniently located in Santa Clarita we look forward to providing care for your new Camaro 5!
+1
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #52
SDmotorsports

Drives: 1969 L88 vette
SDmotorsports

SDmotorsports
http://www.sdmotorsports.com
travis@sdmotorsports.com

10801 Vista Sorrento Pkwy
San Diego, CA 92121
858-202-1300
Attached Images

SDmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #53
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Anyone in North Orange County have rear gears installed that would recommend a shop? I've got the gears and install kit sitting on the work bench ready to go.

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #54
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Try J&S Gear in Huntington Beach or DiffWorks in Corona. If you don't mind the drive there is also Hooper's Rear in Sun Valley. I have been to all three and have had very good experiences.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #55
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDmotorsports View Post
SDmotorsports
http://www.sdmotorsports.com
travis@sdmotorsports.com

10801 Vista Sorrento Pkwy
San Diego, CA 92121
858-202-1300
Hmmm...your site indication performance mods - do you have a dyno? Have you dyno tuned LS3's before?

thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #56
BlessedChef10
BLESSEDCHEF10

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro rs
Anyone close to West hills or san fernando valley?
BlessedChef10 is offline   Reply With Quote