Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #43
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDOG View Post
For the money, though minor, footwell lighting and a light in the glove box should be included.
heck yeah, my 95 volvo 960 has both those, as do alot of older cars. the footwell lighting should be the color of the ambient lighting. and no light in the glovebox? how can you not have a light in the glovebox?
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #44
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Every Camaro is supposed to come with the AUX jack, regardless of trim level and options (LS all the way up to 2SS/RS).
Thanks for clarification. I'll check it out when I can actually sit in the car again :(
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #45
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Functional rear windows !!!! If these puppies were able to be put down, the visibility on rear side to side would increase tenfold.
Other than that I LOVE IT !!!
On Star - never had a GM with it before ... and I'm sure I'll be glad I have it if I get in an accident.
Also, I don't have the Connectivity package but between On star calling (relatively inexpensive) and Aux Port for MP3, no need for Connectivity package. Only advantage I saw for Connectivity was leather wrapped wheel and shift knob, which I am fine without.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #46
n-shane@hotmail.com

Drives: 2010 MAROOOOOO
all you guys saying how ugle your mail slot it... then trade me front end? i have a v6 and want the mailslot. i like the look!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #47
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Question about the door locks...do they lock when the car is put in gear like my Pontiac? Or do you have to push the button to lock them while driving?
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #48
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post

...here are things I wish we had in the car but obviously didn't stop me from buying my first Chevy!

PAINTED stripes. I can't believe I paid almost $500 for these vinyl things. Painted rallys $600-$750
XM Delete ?? Do you want to listen to those "ED" commercials
On-Star Delete Why not?
Keyless start What for? You can't drive it until you sit in it
Locking fuel door (or remote release) Where are you parking man?
Optional all-season tires lol Garage it for the winter
Automatic Windshield wipers I don't drive mine in the rain
Functional ram-air mail-slot would've been sweet That is so Rice
black rim option for the Transformer Do black chrome
HID fogs OK, that would be cool
Alfie
Old 10-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #49
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd15 View Post
Question about the door locks...do they lock when the car is put in gear like my Pontiac? Or do you have to push the button to lock them while driving?
They lock when auto, sounds like same as your Pontiac.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #50
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd15 View Post
Practically every (if not all) GM vehicles come from the factory with this feature on.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #51
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
These cars have a sound system? Guess I can't hear it from the roar of the engine and exhaust and screech of the tires. If I want to hear the radio I'll drive my HHR
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #52
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Hate the 'market value adjustment' crapola!
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #53
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post

hey, don't "stereotype" the ladies...

One thing I've had an issue with is the seat belt. It's annoying and I spent way too much time getting the seat in the right position to make it less annoying. Then the guy at the dealer moved my seat

Other than that just a few hook up problems with my iPod from time to time but otherwise I'm good.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #54
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
looks like if you have the USB port, there is no aux jack. anyone else see different? I don't know about the 19s, I know the 20s are not all season.
I have the USB port PLUS the aux jack...........
The 19" tires ARE all-season..........................

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #55
kjd15
Finally!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Practically every (if not all) GM vehicles come from the factory with this feature on.
Quote:
They lock when auto, sounds like same as your Pontiac.
I rarely ever actually push the door lock button since they are automatic, so the placement of the button in the Camaro makes no difference to me. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #56
kjd15
Finally!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post

One thing I've had an issue with is the seat belt. It's annoying and I spent way too much time getting the seat in the right position to make it less annoying. Then the guy at the dealer moved my seat

Other than that just a few hook up problems with my iPod from time to time but otherwise I'm good.
I have the same issue with my current car. I get it just where I want it so the seatbelt doesn't cut into my neck, and then my hubby drives it and messes the seat position up. Grrr.

I constantly wish the car had memory for the seat position.