Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Would you support a signed litho auction for charity?
Yes 57 83.82%
No 11 16.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
emin7
1st State C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2LT/RS
Who needs a signed litho?

My car was produced last week (#118,050), and as I wait for it I have realized that the Camaro means so much more to a lot of people than any other car on the road. The legion of followers that this site has provided a place to learn, share, and laugh with eachother is quite unique and all of us Camaro owners really do feel like a tight knit family. With dealers asking people to stop by if they are in town just to say hi, members inviting other members that they have never met over for a bbq, and the older crowd interacting and educating those of us for whom the Camaro will be their first brand new car, this site is truly something special.

My excitement over my Camaro has been growing ever since I joined the site, and I will be picking up my baby in a week or so. All of this has made me realize that the whole point of this site, and the Camaro in general, is to share in our love of the Camaro and the joy the we obtain from driving it. A person can own all the memorabilia they want, hang as many pictures on their wall as they want, and go to as many car shows as they want, but we all are here for one reason: We love driving our Camaros.

I see so many posts, asking for signed lithographs. People hope and wish they get one with their new car, and say they would do anything to have one. Mike has done this to honor those that have been true supporters and enablers for this site and the Camaro community. These things are for people who truly deserve it. If you look through my old posts, you will see a couple saying that "I wish i could have one" and "I'd be so lucky if I received one" but I realize now that having a signed piece of paper on my wall doesn't even come close to the joy that I will get from driving my new Camaro. Additionally, I have done nothing to truly deserve one.

So, as the title says, "Who needs a signed litho?" I do not have one, but if I did get one I'd ask for it to have a # sign and then a VIN left blank. This would allow for me to give it to someone who truly deserved it. The choice of who gets one is Mike's, not mine, however I believe that we could take our passion for the Camaro and use it to help others. We could auction or raffle a Litho at the next C5Fest, with all proceeds going to the Make A Wish Foundation. Just as we all dreamed of owning a Camaro and made it happen, we should try to use this passion to help other's dreams come true who don't have the means to do it themselves.

With all proceeds going to a great organization, the winner of the auction or raffle would deserve to put their VIN on the Litho because of their sizable donation. There are so many more important things in this world than what you have on your wall, and sometimes we lose sight of that.

So, Who needs a signed litho? Who wants to help me take our love of Camaros and make it beneficial for others? Maybe Mike will see this, maybe he wont, but if you all support an effort to make this happen at next years C5Fest, please reply and show it.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by emin7; 05-09-2010 at 11:03 AM.
emin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
this needs to go through the site administration before you try doing anything.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
emin7
1st State C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
this needs to go through the site administration before you try doing anything.
Thanks, I was going to PM the admins if people actually seem to support doing something like this. As always, they call the shots on what goes on around here

Also, nothing can happen with this if Mike doesn't agree. Which i only see happening if there is not enough interest

Last edited by emin7; 05-08-2010 at 01:17 PM.
emin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
sounds good, hope it happens
Old 05-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
emin7
1st State C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdnanHfuda View Post
sounds good, hope it happens
thanks for your support!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
emin7
1st State C5

127 reads and only 10 votes? come on guys!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
By 'Support' it do you mean enter the raffle?
Old 05-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
emin7
1st State C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
By 'Support' it do you mean enter the raffle?
Yeah, that basically what I mean. If everyone thinks it s a good idea but only 5 people enter the raffle (or auction maybe), then it basically defeats the point (which is to raise money for a good cause)
Old 05-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
While that may be a good idea in theory, I think the point behind the lithos is a very generous offer by Mike to award those who, in his judgement, (that's why he's Mike Judge) depict a deserving recipient of a very special piece of Camaro history. It's not a polished piece of corporate hardware with engraved sayings, etc. It's grass roots and from the heart, and I believe that's what makes it extremely special, more valuable than anything you can purchase.

So in the interest of "auctioning" one to the highest bidder, I'm not so sure it was intended to be that way. So many things are commercialized nowadays with whatever it is going to the person with the most money. I still believe some of the best things in life are "free" (ok, it wasn't really free for Mike, but his giving it away is).

It's just my opinion. Obviously those with ultimate decision on the matter will choose the path.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
>> Make A Wish Foundation
An organization I have been supporting for many years, one of the very best.

If I can help in any way, feel free to contact me.

Great idea, please C5, let's get behind it, it's worthy.
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
emin7
1st State C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
So in the interest of "auctioning" one to the highest bidder, I'm not so sure it was intended to be that way. So many things are commercialized nowadays with whatever it is going to the person with the most money. I still believe some of the best things in life are "free" (ok, it wasn't really free for Mike, but his giving it away is).

It's just my opinion. Obviously those with ultimate decision on the matter will choose the path.
Thanks for your input. I think you make a very valid argument against an auction, but may support a raffle instead. This way it wouldn't be so much that people buy it, rather they support the Make A Wish Foundation and are rewarded with the potential to have a litho.

Mike has ultimate say really, since he is the source of the lithos. Lets see what he thinks.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
AdnanHfuda

if this were to happen, i propose 10 - 20 dollars per ticket/entry and anyone can enter as many times as they want. resulting in more money and still leaving the final choice to chance
Old 05-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #13
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
I understand where your going with this and it's not a bad idea, I'd say your heart is in the right pace. But, the first thing i would have done would have been to email Mike and the admins with your idea before mentioning anything on the forum. just my 2 cents.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
AdnanHfuda

i REALLY doubt they would be against this in any way it would be a members litho, and for charity. why say no