Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 04:20 AM   #85
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Ive had multiple conversations with gary through emails and pms, ordered a heritage grille, painted with ss emblem. Best Customer service out of anything ive bought through this forum.....The qualitly of his work was by far outstanding.....For future customers, dont let one thread change your opinion on anyone!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #86
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Ive had multiple conversations with gary through emails and pms, ordered a heritage grille, painted with ss emblem. Best Customer service out of anything ive bought through this forum.....The qualitly of his work was by far outstanding.....For future customers, dont let one thread change your opinion on anyone!
+1
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #87
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I can tell you Gary bent over backwards to take care of me.I have purchased several parts from him including a revolution chin spoiler and a mpd1 spoiler.He is a great guy and has good customer service. I would buy from him with no worries and recommend him.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #88
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
I have had one experience and not particularly happy with the customer service and the product. fenders were removed sold and I moved on. I now have custom one-off fenders from a different shop. I will not purchase from this vendor in the future but with as many customers the vendor has to deal with I am sure issues will come up. I didnt care for the way the vendor handled the OP's experience. Gary's Custom Z has had many positive and a few negative transactions. my feeling is, it's the way you handle the negative transactions that make your business. Any mature individual can see through the people who just want something for free. My opinion and I will move on. enough said
Old 12-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #89
ACS Composite

Drives: 2010 Camaro
ACS, T2 Splitter Clarification

To answer a few questions;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Hopefully ACS can step in and offer some kind of explanation about the splitter. I'm curious as to what their response may be.To the OP, I wish you luck in finding a resolution to your problem.
I agree with most of you where the parties involved need to resolve the matter, it seems there is a break in communication between both seller and buyer. The internet is a great resource for all of us; there are situations where a telephone call can do wonders. I have spoken with both parties and have faith the matter will be resolved.

As for the story of the T2 Splitter, as many have contacted us directly, we have not shared a set ship date; when items are in stock they will be announced and shipped following our pre-order list. This being said, yes, the T2 splitter will be in production as the interest level is very high. (Thank you Camaro5.com for the exposure!) We do have a pre-order list with no deposits. The T2 splitter was shown last summer as a prototype piece. Same way auto manufacturer show prototypes to do market studies, we did the same. We have not accepted any paid orders; simply a potential buyer list is on hand. If you note the T2 ports are listed on our site, but no where you'll find an order box for the T2 splitter.

To clarify, T3 Ports, T3 Splitter and the family of T3 Bumper assemblies have been shipping since last summer.

We have been shipping T2 Ports and T2 Bumpers with no splitters.

Only T2 prototype splitters have been shown, many local forum members can attest their existence.... Everyone loves it and suggest not changing a thing!

Once we decided to launch the production version of the T2 Splitter we quickly encountered a few functionality challenges. Mostly mounting the splitter to the V6 Bumper. As most of you would agree changing the look of the splitter is not an option. This means adding various internal mounting brackets and hardware... consequently back to drawing board, new prototype, more testing and most importantly new tooling (twice). Our tools are pretty extensive; this step alone takes weeks if not months.

The prototype splitter was glued on and built in record times. It looked great and worked great, but it was simply glued on. We design our parts following OE specs, I generally refuse to glue on splitters or using 2 way tape on lower body parts.... Need to discuss what happened with the 1st iteration of the GFX splitters? Yes it can work and it is the quick and easy solution; personally I think it’s not worth selling if the customers will have issues down the line. A splitter is an extension of your bumper, bumpers are an important element in an accident, sensors are involved, and durability and failure sequences are very important. I do apologize on the delay but proudly refuse to release a product prematurely to meet a demand. I speak for ACS and our distributors, we are here for the long haul and greatly value your business, we all have high expectations when we purchase parts for our Camaros, my job is make sure those expectations are met. Selling a lower quality part would not be good for us, our distributors and most importantly the Camaro owners supporting us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
In regards to this ACS bumper situation with GARY CUSTOMS, if he was told shipped or shipping soon by someone at ACS and relays that to CUSTOMER, how is he in the wrong? Especially when I was told 1st hand at SEMA by the owner of ACS that they had the products ready to ship.........
Hi Spymaster, yes you did ask me if the item was in stock. We met while I was in line for the new Sema Product Display, I was holding a black T3 Bumper assembly, and yes I did say "in stock ready to ship" (referring to the part I was holding). Which is true, we have currently have 20 units on hand....

I hope all this helps you further understand the job we have on hand developing parts for our Camaro's. If you go through our site you'll be able to witness our development and tooling process. It is very extensive; unfortunately it is not as quick as we'd hope. The important point is the quality of the part and output once parts are set in production. We have built over 70 000 parts for the auto industry, we know, doing the homework upfront avoids allot of issues down the line.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #90
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
I'm confident when I write this until someone proves me wrong, but I would say 99.99% of the time, SPONSORS on this forum, who sell aftermarket products like ACS or RAZZI never have them in stock, that they are INDEED DROPSHIPPED to THEM or thier customers direct!

Why? Cause the SHIPPING & HANDLING charges are through the roof on sending bumpers, GFX kits, hoods..

For Example, if you the CONSUMER wanted a RAZZI GFX KIT from CAR ID..... CAR ID is not shipping from thier warehouse, they are having it drop shipped from RAZZI to you.........

I would say more than HALF the dealers of any type of product here on Camaro5 never have PHYSICAL INVENTORY, that they also drop ship thier products....

In regards to this ACS bumper situation with GARY CUSTOMS, if he was told shipped or shipping soon by someone at ACS and relays that to CUSTOMER, how is he in the wrong? Especially when I was told 1st hand at SEMA by the owner of ACS that they had the products ready to ship.........
You are correct!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #91
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS Composite View Post
To answer a few questions;

I agree with most of you where the parties involved need to resolve the matter, it seems there is a break in communication between both seller and buyer. The internet is a great resource for all of us; there are situations where a telephone call can do wonders. I have spoken with both parties and have faith the matter will be resolved.

As for the story of the T2 Splitter, as many have contacted us directly, we have not shared a set ship date; when items are in stock they will be announced and shipped following our pre-order list. This being said, yes, the T2 splitter will be in production as the interest level is very high. (Thank you Camaro5.com for the exposure!) We do have a pre-order list with no deposits. The T2 splitter was shown last summer as a prototype piece. Same way auto manufacturer show prototypes to do market studies, we did the same. We have not accepted any paid orders; simply a potential buyer list is on hand. If you note the T2 ports are listed on our site, but no where you'll find an order box for the T2 splitter.

To clarify, T3 Ports, T3 Splitter and the family of T3 Bumper assemblies have been shipping since last summer.

We have been shipping T2 Ports and T2 Bumpers with no splitters.

Only T2 prototype splitters have been shown, many local forum members can attest their existence.... Everyone loves it and suggest not changing a thing!

Once we decided to launch the production version of the T2 Splitter we quickly encountered a few functionality challenges. Mostly mounting the splitter to the V6 Bumper. As most of you would agree changing the look of the splitter is not an option. This means adding various internal mounting brackets and hardware... consequently back to drawing board, new prototype, more testing and most importantly new tooling (twice). Our tools are pretty extensive; this step alone takes weeks if not months.

The prototype splitter was glued on and built in record times. It looked great and worked great, but it was simply glued on. We design our parts following OE specs, I generally refuse to glue on splitters or using 2 way tape on lower body parts.... Need to discuss what happened with the 1st iteration of the GFX splitters? Yes it can work and it is the quick and easy solution; personally I think it’s not worth selling if the customers will have issues down the line. A splitter is an extension of your bumper, bumpers are an important element in an accident, sensors are involved, and durability and failure sequences are very important. I do apologize on the delay but proudly refuse to release a product prematurely to meet a demand. I speak for ACS and our distributors, we are here for the long haul and greatly value your business, we all have high expectations when we purchase parts for our Camaros, my job is make sure those expectations are met. Selling a lower quality part would not be good for us, our distributors and most importantly the Camaro owners supporting us.

Hi Spymaster, yes you did ask me if the item was in stock. We met while I was in line for the new Sema Product Display, I was holding a black T3 Bumper assembly, and yes I did say "in stock ready to ship" (referring to the part I was holding). Which is true, we have currently have 20 units on hand....

I hope all this helps you further understand the job we have on hand developing parts for our Camaro's. If you go through our site you'll be able to witness our development and tooling process. It is very extensive; unfortunately it is not as quick as we'd hope. The important point is the quality of the part and output once parts are set in production. We have built over 70 000 parts for the auto industry, we know, doing the homework upfront avoids allot of issues down the line.
Thanks for chiming in ACS. We all hope that they will get this resolved

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
Old 12-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #92
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Well I got my grille from Gary and what I guess some might call painted. It was so bad I had to have it redone. He was pretty full of himself, after failing to get him to even listen. I just had it redone. I won't buy or recommend him to anyone.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #93
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
The bad reviews are adding up.... I bought some fenders before I left and they are sitting at the house. I left for overseas before they came in, and now I'm curious to see how the paint is..... Customer service needs to improve alot
Old 12-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #94
JakeFlick

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Black w/ Wh Rallys
Well, I'm not going to quote anything as you can go to the first 2 pages of this thread and read it yourself, but a refund was offered, and you didn't take it. Your loss, your fault.
Oh, and good job getting all these people on your bandwagon and trying to ruin someone's name... hopefully they look past your raving.

"ROAD RAGE" ~circa 2010
Old 12-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #95
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeFlick View Post
Well, I'm not going to quote anything as you can go to the first 2 pages of this thread and read it yourself, but a refund was offered, and you didn't take it. Your loss, your fault.
Oh, and good job getting all these people on your bandwagon and trying to ruin someone's name... hopefully they look past your raving.
i saw an offer for a refund on the splitter but not the whole front end. I wouldn't want the facia without the splitter either....
Old 12-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #96
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeFlick View Post
Only the splitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
i saw an offer for a refund on the splitter but not the whole front end. I wouldn't want the facia without the splitter either....
Exactly! Thank you.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #97
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Gary is top notch and have worked on many camaros here on this forum and others. No matter what business you have, there are gonna be issues. Based on the amount of work he does here, only seeing a couple issues shows that his work is quality. Obviously we do not know the complete circumstances on these problems but I feel they will be worked out fairly for all parties.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #98
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
By Gary simply being quiet and not explaining himself or just saying send it all back and I'll refund you good luck in the future, is more then enough for me to see how he does business. Everyone defending him saying the op should wait or talk to ACS is wrong. If the OP or anyone for that fact didn't get what was agreed upon(between the two parties Gary and the OP not ACS) then its not right to tell them to wait. I wish I could do that in my business of Oil but imagine me telling customers that need their inventory that they need to wait because the pipeline hasn't opened up and there isn't a set date of when the oil is coming but we aren't refunding the money.

That's a bunch of bad business. I'm not saying Gary needs to do anything based off what people say here, but I just want to hear his reasons for not replying and why he just can't offer a full refund. Usually people that don't offer a refund and say all sales are finally are the one's that sale junk products or bad businessman.

I hope this gets cleared up, but in the mean time I will look to others to find the parts that Gary offers.

Closed Thread