Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
AAC makes it right! Sort of!

So I bought a set of AAC side markers at C5F2. One got water in it and it was mess up.

So I was B!tch!ng on another thread about my dissatisfied about thier product. Well I got a PM for someone at AAC and they were very professional about it and sent me out a brand new set. Not a cent out of my pocket and I got the new ones with some revised silicone.

Well I was trying to figure out how water got in the original one and the side marker was about 1/3 full of water but none would drain out of any sides. Then I noticed the plug on the back was a bit loose and I gave it a twist and bam all the water came out.
So I noticed on the new ones there isn't any additional sealant to this plug, well IMO should be sealed, because I'll never change out anything. So I hope this doesn't void my warranty, but I added silicone to the outside to help seal the plug.

I hope this helps as I don't want to go through this again and maybe this helps some other AAC side markers customers.

Last edited by Inferno LSX; 06-28-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Inferno LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
wow... how did you manage that...
every time one of my aac products goes bad I have to uninstall, put factory item back in, ship at my expense the bad part and wait for the return, then reinstall...

I like how they handled your issue much better... what is your secret?

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Wish my experience with them was as good also. I have PM' d Jonathan twice with no reply. Still have not received my Plasmas.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
benradmo

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I don't get why they would make the customer pay for shipping if their product fails???
benradmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
vafinest25

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS "Orange Crush"
That's funny that these side markers had this issue, I have the IOM and have the same problem. I called Jonathan and told him the issue and yes I had to pay and send mine back but one of my rear led's went out. But they called and explained that they are gonna add extra silicon around the light. But that makes sense about the plug area being the entry point of water, seeing how when I held the light up side down to get water out noon came out. So they sent mine out today and I'll do like the other guy suggest and put silicon around the plug housing.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Wish my experience with them was as good also. I have PM' d Jonathan twice with no reply. Still have not received my Plasmas.
I sent you a PM back. Unfortunately with choosing to ship the item USPS there is not definite delivery date and the Priority service does have delivery confirmation but not much information in the travel of the package like UPS does.
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
So I bought a set of AAC side markers at C5F2. One got water in it and it was mess up.

So I was B!tch!ng on another thread about my dissatisfied about thier product. Well I got a PM for someone at AAC and they were very professional about it and sent me out a brand new set. Not a cent out of my pocket and I got the new ones with some revised silicone.

Well I was trying to figure out how water got in the original one and the side marker was about 1/3 full of water but none would drain out of any sides. Then I noticed the plug on the back was a bit loose and I gave it a twist and bam all the water came out.
So I noticed on the new ones there isn't any additional sealant to this plug, well IMO should be sealed, because I'll never change out anything. So I hope this doesn't void my warranty, but I added silicone to the outside to help seal the plug.

I hope this helps as I don't want to go through this again and maybe this helps some other AAC side markers customers.
Wow Thanks Buddie I got a updated marker also. I didn't have time to install it yet so I will DEFINATLEY too this before I plug her in
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Yah this did seem very weird. There isn't a secret. I was just on a few threads about AAC and I was venting. I never called AAC or PM'd anyone. Someone at AAC PM'd me, we went back and forth. This person asked what could be done to make it right. I gave them two options, one refund, two was send me a new part first because I didn't want to install stock ones. They did better and sent me a whole new set that had more silicone on the edges. I give them credit on this, they did do the right thing to make it better.
Will I again buy AAC products? Well if this is how they take care of me then yes maybe someday I'll get the headlight halos.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
That sucks that there has to be additional sealant put on it... It should come fully sealed like the factory side marker.
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #10
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benradmo View Post
I don't get why they would make the customer pay for shipping if their product fails???
I didn't have to ship back the bad set. Guess I'll add silicone to them and keep the 3 good ones for spares.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #11
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
I wonder if plastidipping the backside of the sidemarker will help. That stuff is used for waterproofing... Might give that a shot
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #12
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDan View Post
I wonder if plastidipping the backside of the sidemarker will help. That stuff is used for waterproofing... Might give that a shot
That ain't a bad idea. just mask it off and paint. there also is that "as seen on tv" sealant stuff too.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #13
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
wow... how did you manage that...
every time one of my aac products goes bad I have to uninstall, put factory item back in, ship at my expense the bad part and wait for the return, then reinstall...

I like how they handled your issue much better... what is your secret?
The secret is to complain in a public forum. Always does the trick.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
Hutch52

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 2SS RS M6
Water in the sidemarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by benradmo View Post
AAC wants to charge me $60.00 for one sidemarker and credit me back whwhen they receive the defective marker back. What to say the other 3 won't leak, they should replace all 4 that have been sealed right.
I don't want to have the same problem again.