Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Yohan

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 1LT
Obsessed With My 2012 V6

Well, its been 6 weeks since I picked up my new 1LT ashen grey stealth fighter, and the more I have it, the more I find myself making up excuses to get out the house just to drive it. Sometimes, I just peek out my window and enjoy just watching it sit in my driveway. Cant believe that after two yrs of saving, I'm finally driving such a bad a$$ car, and how ppl instantly assume I make good money, lol. Co-workers love it, and folks u never really talked to suddenly want to talk and hang out. Ahhhh, the power of 5th gen camaro:}

What about the annoying Stang guys that mysteriously seem to pull up next to me on lights? Why the need to try and validate their purchase by trying to "race"? Go ahead mr. Stang guy, get a tenth on me, it's ok. U know u wish ur stang looked bad a$$ like my simple 1LT, and I bet ur not peeking out the window each night just to enjoy how beautiful of a car ur Mustang is.

Never thought that at 34yrs old, I'd b in love with a car like this...it has got me, man. Looking forward to moding and fine tuning my stealth fighter in coming months.

Lfx engine with such power and fuel efficiency and killer looks ---this must b a dream!
Attached Images

Last edited by Yohan; 02-14-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Yohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
cl1motor

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro
the same, except
1LT = 2LS
ashen grey = black
34 = 36

LOL
cl1motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Yohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl1motor View Post
the same, except
1LT = 2LS
ashen grey = black
34 = 36

LOL
Thats great. How long have u had it for?
Old 07-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
Had mine since March. I wash it 3 times a week most of the time, I love doing errands now! Just changed the oil at 8k, first was at 3k, not going back to the stealership except for warranty stuff. BTW check out Turtle Ice wash and spray wax, its the schitt!!
1LT
IMB 6 speed manual
Boston speakers package
Sunroof
CAI
Dynomax
Catchcan ordering this weekend
Turning 47 this fall, I still act 16 most of the time.
Henry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
iKeablr

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2011 RS 1LT
Quote:
the same, except
1LT = 2LS
ashen grey = black
34 = 36

LOL
Hmm... Didn't know a 2LS could have the RS Package. Or is that LOL for your whole post if so then never mind my post.

EDIT: I'm glad for you OP. I am the same way with my Camaro. I find any reason just to drive it. And can't help but look at it. Truly amazing car. I have the Victory Red 1LT w/RS package and leather installs on the seats and door/dash trim with ABL installed on the Dash. Looks great at night. You should think about installing ABL it will compliment t your car and you will love it. Happy driving!!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Age has nothing to do with it. I'm 58 and still obsessed with cars, especially our Camaro.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
I am the same way. It is the wife's car so she is kind of annoyed that I always drive it lol. I wash it every weekend and just finished sealing it with Klasse SG. I am now saving for new rear gears (something between 3.54 and 3.73) and a RX Supercharger. I love this car.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
Well, its been 6 weeks since I picked up my new 1LT ashen grey stealth fighter, and the more i have it, the more i find myself making up excuses to get out the house just to drive it. Sometimes, i just peek out my window and enjoy just watching it sit in my driveway. Cant believe that after two yrs of saving, im finally driving such a bad a$$ car, and how ppl intantly assume i make good money, lol. Co workers love it, and ppl u never really talked to suddenly want to talk and hang out. Ahhhh, the power of 5th gen camaro:}

What about the annoying Stang guys that misteriusly seem to pull up next to me on lights? Why the need to try and validate their purchase by trying to "race"? Go ahead mr. Stang guy, get a tenth on me, its ok. U know u wish ur stang looked bad a$$ like my simple 1LT, and i bet ur not peeking out the window each night just to enjoy how beatiful of a car ur mustang is.

Never thought that at 34yrs old, I'd b in love with a car like this...it has got me, man. Looking forward to moding and fine tuning my stealth fighter in coming months.

Lfx engine with such power and fuel efficiency and killer looks ---this must b a dream!
I feel the same way and do the same things. The first day I had my car I got the "love your car" - wink - thumbs up from a female passerby... I knew then I made a great call!

Yesterday I followed my wife out the garage and said hello beautiful... My wife turned and a smiled at her. Good save on my part!

My only down fall now are mods! I only had a few planned when I got the car and drop a little over 1,200 the first week now because of the site I have another 1,500 planned... And maybe another 400 for the tune... But that's it... I think.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Love my camaro!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
If you've ever kissed your car well, yeah Im obsessed!!. (Yes I have)
I have other cars, weekend warrior trailer, duramax 4x4, jet boat, motorcycles, rhino, quad, but I truly LOVE my Camaro.
Some pics: (probably the dirtiest I have ever let the car get)

Up by Mt Pinos for you So Cal peeps

By one of our rural substations
Henry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
SMITTY8

Drives: 2011 2LS Camaro
love your camaro and it will love you back!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
cl1motor

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
Thats great. How long have u had it for?
a little over two weeks now
cl1motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #13
Yohan

Quote:
a little over two weeks now
Wow, you've been married for a couple weeks, huh, LOL. That's great. Enjoy the bride brotha! I'm still in honeymoon stage with my 1LT, and lovin every sec. When wife starts getting jealous, u know ur in love, LOL
Old 07-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
Yohan

Henry, I haven't kissed my car yet, but have been caught talking to it, man! A couple weeks back when I was installing my Cold Air Inductions kit, I was talking to my baby, and my and kids were laughing at me from the door watching me talk to my car, LOL.

However, now the wife is also falling for my stealth fighter, and is also making up excuses for errands with MY CAR Gotta draw the line with our jealous wives! The other night we went out with some friends, and our neighbor and his wife have the Stang GT. We agreed to carpool, and even the neighbor's wife wanted to roll in my Camaro, LOL.

Last edited by Yohan; 07-08-2012 at 02:16 PM.