Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #57
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
I could be wrong, but I don't think I know of anyone who regretted their purchase of an SS over an LT or LS, financially or otherwise. Seen a LOT of LT and LS owners regret not getting the SS, although there are many LT and LS owners who obviously don't regret their decision. My point is when there are regrets between the two, it is always the V6 owner who regrets he didn't get the V8.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #58
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Is it just me, or is everyone just focusing on the price difference between regular and premium? Fuel economy matters too.. I go through a tank and a half each week I drive in to work, and if I had a v8 that would easily be 2 or 2.5 tanks per week.over a month it's about 2 extra fill ups (average), over a year it would be 24 extra fill ups for a v8 than a v6. That makes it about $1500 over what I pay now. Over 5 years that number gets quite big... I should prob mention I already get premium anyways, fuel economy is what got me, not premium vs regular. I used to own a 4-cyl Camry so I thought I shouldn't make the jump to a v8 before owning a v6 so it's not a shock financially. In a few years, I should be making more money than now, hopefully track my car a bit then and will feel much more comfortable upgrading to a v8. Saving 8k from an SS and $1500 a year in gas sounded good to me so I took it... But if you can afford it, go for the SS 1LE, that's what I plan on getting next

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
FY_Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #59
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Anyone on the forum who will admit that their choice in going up a level with a Camaro has effected them negatively financially and they regret it?

Example:
You could def afford LS but you bought 2LT and are hurting because of it?
Or you bought a 2SS when you could only def affored a 2LT etc.

My situation:
I can afford a 2SS putting more than 1/2 down on it. The only financial issues I could see is purchasing 93 prem gas.

Any opinions? or people willing to admit they regret the choice financially?
So far, it appears you are the only one having regrets purchasing a Camaro.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #60
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
regret it? Naw. Sucks to be living on KD and cheese and a loaf of bread for the week but oh well... Priorities.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #61
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles88 View Post
Do you own a home? If not, then save the money and buy a house. That should be the first priority. If you own a home, then go ahead and get it. Only you know if you can afford the monthly payment, mortgage, gas, etc. Personally I think it is a silly financial move to buy a $40K car if you're paying rent. In the long run you will appreciate the fact that being a homeowner makes you wealthier. Think of it as building a pyramid...first food, then shelter, then family stability, then Camaro.

are you kidding? houses are huge money pits. it's mush cheaper to have a small apartment than have some oversized house that costs $200 a month just to air condition or heat. not to mention maintenance like replacing a roof or water heater, or furnace or major appliances,, then there's property taxes & about $1000 a year in insurance,, and then ofcourse don't Forget your paying huge amounts of interest to the Bank for the privilege of living in the Bank's house while you pay them back.

A $40k is nothing compared to what you can dump into a house in a few years,

despite the government propaganda, owning a home doesn't make you rich, it makes you poor and keeps you debt for your entire life. examine the word mortgage, Mort=Death,,, Gage= payments/debt,, as in you be making payments until you die.

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 06-15-2013 at 04:36 PM.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #62
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
are you kidding? houses are huge money pits. it's mush cheaper to have a small apartment than have some oversized house that costs $200 a month just to air condition or heat. not to mention maintenance like replacing a roof or water heater, or furnace or major appliances,, then there's property taxes & about $1000 a year in insurance,, and then ofcourse don't Forget your paying huge amounts of interest to the Bank for the privilege of living in the Bank's house while you pay them back.

Wow, just wow! That's all I can say to this post.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #63
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Wow, just wow! That's all I can say to this post.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
yeah I forgot to mention if you decide to remodel anything in your house,, Some people spend $40k just remodeling their kitchens. they even did a simpsons episode about that...

but there's the basics like carpet, drapes, paint, replacing siding, outdoor maintenance like lawn mowers & trims, etc, ,,,,, Thousands of dollars..,, And they put out a bunch of propaganda to make you belive it's an investment,, and people believe that BS.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #64
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:

despite the government propaganda, owning a home doesn't make you rich, it makes you poor and keeps you debt for your entire life. examine the word mortgage, Mort=Death,,, Gage= payments/debt,, as in you be making payments until you die.
lol. when you buy a home after 30 yrs you own something that is worth 300% what you paid for it. it also makes retirement much easier and comfortable. for example, take two people/couples in their mid 20's. one goes out and buys a house for 200k @ 1500 a month, the other goes out and rents for 1300 a month. in 30 years the one that bought is living rent free and has an asset worth 600k. the one that rents is now spending 2800 a moth on rent, and owns nothing and is wondering if his SS check will be enough.

you really can't see the logic in that? and that's not even getting into the tax savings and advantages of buying a home.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #65
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
You only live once!! Get what you can afford, and be happy..

I have no regrets!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #66
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
lol. when you buy a home after 30 yrs you own something that is worth 300% what you paid for it. it also makes retirement much easier and comfortable. for example, take two people/couples in their mid 20's. one goes out and buys a house for 200k @ 1500 a month, the other goes out and rents for 1300 a month. in 30 years the one that bought is living rent free and has an asset worth 600k. the one that rents is now spending 2800 a moth on rent, and owns nothing and is wondering if his SS check will be enough.

you really can't see the logic in that? and that's not even getting into the tax savings and advantages of buying a home.
300%??? you better take a look at reality, houses are consumer good likes cars, houses wear out and need repair.

you can rent an apartment for $600 a month with utilities included. , and you forgot to consider all the expenses involved in owning a house that I mentioned above, primary the interest you are paying to the bank, I know interest rates are artificially suppressed by Osama Ben Bernakes QE3 right now, but when rates rise then housing valves will crash and everyone will be underwater again and wondering why they are paying a $300k loan on a house worth $180,000. With normal interests rates like in the 90's you'll pay 3 times the money in interest that what the house is worth on a 30 year mortgage.

Bankers didn't get the reputation they had in the old days from cartoons, the cartoon were based on real life, today the propaganda is much sllcker, HGTV brought to you by the national Relators association and Wells Fargo.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #67
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FY_Ivan View Post
Is it just me, or is everyone just focusing on the price difference between regular and premium? Fuel economy matters too.. I go through a tank and a half each week I drive in to work, and if I had a v8 that would easily be 2 or 2.5 tanks per week.over a month it's about 2 extra fill ups (average), over a year it would be 24 extra fill ups for a v8 than a v6. That makes it about $1500 over what I pay now. Over 5 years that number gets quite big... I should prob mention I already get premium anyways, fuel economy is what got me, not premium vs regular. I used to own a 4-cyl Camry so I thought I shouldn't make the jump to a v8 before owning a v6 so it's not a shock financially. In a few years, I should be making more money than now, hopefully track my car a bit then and will feel much more comfortable upgrading to a v8. Saving 8k from an SS and $1500 a year in gas sounded good to me so I took it... But if you can afford it, go for the SS 1LE, that's what I plan on getting next
I definetly feel ya there, but that's the main reason Ill use my other cars as DD. no was in the world I can afford to fill up 2.5 times a week on a v8.

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #68
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
No regrets at all!! If I have to sell the neighbors dog to make payments then hopefully they have a lot of dogs
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #69
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
I dont regret my purchase of a 2lt at all
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #70
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
yeah I forgot to mention if you decide to remodel anything in your house,, Some people spend $40k just remodeling their kitchens. they even did a simpsons episode about that...

but there's the basics like carpet, drapes, paint, replacing siding, outdoor maintenance like lawn mowers & trims, etc, ,,,,, Thousands of dollars..,, And they put out a bunch of propaganda to make you belive it's an investment,, and people believe that BS.
Just when I thought I've heard it all. This gets even a bigger WOW!

Sent from my 2SS/RS