Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
My wind noise documented

Today was the first day I decided to officially call GM and get my car documented for "wind noise in the rear of top". I was told by 3 dealers that there is no official "fix" and they it would be basically adjustments and then tested.

This lead me to call GM and say "the dealers say there is no official fix, so why would I want them ripping apart the hood not knowing how to fix it?" They have looked up all the TSB's which may apply or fixes and so far nothing.

I will update you on how this goes...
Old 06-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
Jonster

So turns out they said a level 2 technician would be assisting me in my issue...no call for 2 days. This is starting out great.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Old 06-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Today was the first day I decided to officially call GM and get my car documented for "wind noise in the rear of top". I was told by 3 dealers that there is no official "fix" and they it would be basically adjustments and then tested.

This lead me to call GM and say "the dealers say there is no official fix, so why would I want them ripping apart the hood not knowing how to fix it?" They have looked up all the TSB's which may apply or fixes and so far nothing.

Hello Jonster,

I'd like to look into this for you. Send me a message so I can see if you have a GM case established with us for your concerns!

Appreciate it,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
How'd it tun out? I got window squeaks over bumps I would love to get rid off
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
Jonster

i went on vacation for a week...got back yesterday. I will give them a call tomorrow and update
Old 06-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Old 06-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
Jonster

Called and they said I would get a call back later from a rep...
Old 06-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
IIRC, there is a TSB on wind noise, I don't know if it will apply to your situation but you might have your service rep check again.
One thing to keep in mind is these are soft-top convertibles and there will always be some type of wind noise, especially at highway speeds.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
Jonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
IIRC, there is a TSB on wind noise, I don't know if it will apply to your situation but you might have your service rep check again.
One thing to keep in mind is these are soft-top convertibles and there will always be some type of wind noise, especially at highway speeds.
Yeah I figured there would be wind noise, but is it suppose to be significantly stronger on the passenger side?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Yeah I figured there would be wind noise, but is it suppose to be significantly stronger on the passenger side?
Yeah, sounds like you may qualify for the wind noise TSB.. Have the service rep look for TSB's that go back to 2011 model that may not show up if he's only looking at 2012
Old 06-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #12
Jonster

They never called me back...this is getting a little frustrating. I will ask them to look up the specific TSB instead of the one "for my year". Maybe that will get me somewhere.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

Hello jonster,

Sorry to hear about your wind noise you are speaking of. You mentioned that you called GM and have not received a call back yet. I will look into this situation further for you. Were you issued a case number or service request number "SR"? If so, please provide that. If not, provide me with your VIN, current mileage, full name, address and phone number.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
VictorDelDuca

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
How'd it tun out? I got window squeaks over bumps I would love to get rid off
Give this a shot, it eliminated 90% of the bad squeaks I was getting (actually sounded a lot more like rattling) recently. I still have a very subtle squeak of the top mechanism but its not very noticeable.. anyway! Start to lower the top by letting it retract about a foot from the windshield header and stop. Get out and take a look at the back, you should now be able to see into the well. There are two bump stops on either side of the car, in slightly differently locations and slightly different shape, but they are right at the top by the trunk where the back of the top rests against the body of the car. Put a dab of grease on each... problem solved