Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #771
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
ZR2+Z28=ZR8

if you solved for R....?

ZR2+Z28
R2+28
R+14
R=-14

So (Z(-14)2)+((-14)28)
(Z(-28))+(-392)
Z+(14)
Z=-14

So ((-14)(-14)2)+((-14)(28))
-28+(-392)

Assuming my math is ok the birth of a ZR2 and a Z28 would be a -420

God I'm bored....

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #772
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Chevrolet Leno Camaro SEMA Concept car (with Pedders suspension) unveiled by Jay Leno

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have followed our threads, you will know that we are a preferred vendor for GM, and have had the honor of working extensively with GM on the 2010 Camaro and other projects in the past and are working on future ones as well. This is a great honor for Pedders! The engineers we are working with are seriously first class and is a honor to work with them!! The install of this twin turbo is beyond good!. It is flawless and perfect. The guys at Milford are SERIOUSLY beyond perfect!!

GM made a very special Camaro for SEMA for Jay Leno. Guess what suspension system is on the the Queen of the Show? PEDDERS!!!!!! In fact, EVERY GM Camaro that GM made is riding on Pedders!!

Here is the data that was released tonight that we were present at the press introduction:

Powered by a twin-turbocharged version of the 3.6L direct injected V-6 that is standard in Camaro LS and LT models, Leno’s Camaro blends high performance with surprising efficiency in a racing-ready package. A pair of Turbonetics T-3 turbochargers blows through a custom air-to-air intercooler, force-feeding the engine about seven pounds of boost and lifting its horsepower level to about 425. That’s about 40 percent greater than stock and in normal driving (when the turbochargers aren’t making boost), there’s virtually no penalty in fuel economy over the non-turbocharged 3.6L engine.

“Jay’s Camaro offers style, performance and efficiency in a big way,” said Dewar. “It delivers the power of a Camaro SS on demand, but with the fuel economy of a V-6.”

Supporting upgrades for the turbo system include a larger-capacity Be-Kool radiator and a custom exhaust system, as well as a Centerforce-supplied clutch and pressure plate for the six-speed manual transmission. The tubing for the turbo system is powder-coated blue. The powertrain was designed to deliver consistent, controllable power for both the street and race track. In fact, road racing was a primary mission for the car during its development.
Additional vehicle also support its racing intent:
• Brembo six-piston brake package
• Pedders coil-over lowering kit
• New front fascia with custom fog lamps and integral brake cooling vents
• Air extractor-style hood

The exterior styling of Leno’s car is the most radical of all the Camaro concepts at SEMA. The front fascia and hood are one-off creations as are the unique upper and lower grilles and the ground effects package (including a rear diffuser). The heritage-inspired vent styling in front of the rear wheels has been replaced with functional brake cooling ducts.

THIS IS THE Z/28.
Attached Images

2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #773
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
425 hp isn't enough for the 3.6 L DI v6 with TT. seems too low.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #774
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
THIS IS THE Z/28.
and you are wrong.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #775
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Chevrolet Leno Camaro SEMA Concept car (with Pedders suspension) unveiled by Jay Leno .....................

THIS IS THE Z/28.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:23 AM   #776
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Aftermarket probably low. Keep in mind new ford 3.5L is 365 HP. So this is up 60 HP. Plus rule of thumb is 10 HP per pound of boost so 12 pounds of boost would put the Camaro at 424.

Last edited by Number 3; 11-04-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:17 AM   #777
pwrhungry

Drives: wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Aftermarket probably low. Keep in mind new ford 3.5L is 365 HP. So this is up 60 HP. Plus rule of thumb is 10 HP per pound of boost so 12 pounds of boost would put the Camaro at 424.

Thats because of the tranny in the 4 wheel drive vehicles. Expect to see more when they hit 2 wheel drives. Also its not really fair to compare what they did with an aftermarket kit compared to a warrantied car off the line that weighs 4400#s with awd.
pwrhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #778
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrhungry View Post
Thats because of the tranny in the 4 wheel drive vehicles. Expect to see more when they hit 2 wheel drives. Also its not really fair to compare what they did with an aftermarket kit compared to a warrantied car off the line that weighs 4400#s with awd.
The Ford engine is 365 hp if it's in a bicycle or a tank.

How is this an aftermarket kit? Who makes it?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #779
pwrhungry

Drives: wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
The Ford engine is 365 hp if it's in a bicycle or a tank.

How is this an aftermarket kit? Who makes it?
Its going to be more in a rear wheel drive only application. Thats why it matters. Its not the engine stopping them from more hp its the tranny of the awd models the current engine is in.

There is one turbo v6 that just showed at sema. Can you show me where you can buy this through the GM website? I dont consider a it a GM item when no one can buy it.
pwrhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #780
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrhungry View Post
Its going to be more in a rear wheel drive only application. Thats why it matters. Its not the engine stopping them from more hp its the tranny of the awd models the current engine is in.

There is one turbo v6 that just showed at sema. Can you show me where you can buy this through the GM website? I dont consider a it a GM item when no one can buy it.
If 365 is manufacturers published numbers, it's at the crank, so the drivetrain it's turning doesn't matter.

Jay Leno bought it.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #781
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Wow... N3 was up early today... I guess a 6AM meeting with the Deutchland Team would do that to you.

Question... back to the House of Z... we have seen a couple of different hood combos... the TF2 BumbleBee hood remenicent of the Baldwin Style hood with the front facing bug catcher, the current hood with a flashback to the ZL2 hood... and now Jay Leno's hood. So for combustion air intake which is the better choice?? The ZL2 is non functional and would take a little work to collect air from the cowl and bring it to the front of the engine (unless you could turn the manifold 180 degrees )... the TF2 hood would force air in but increases drag and probably creates a bunch of dirty air... and then we have the Jay Leno hood. First blush it would appear that we have air going over the top of the openings in the hood and this would create a low pressure point over these openings... would not appear too efficient... but would reduce drag issues? Thoughts? What am I missing? It appears that the air box is sealed to the hood when the hood is closed?? Thoughts?
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #782
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
This would look so good parked next to a brand new Z/28.....

HELL YEAH! A jacked-up Silverado with an LSA next to my Z28?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
How much lighter is that car, really, than an LS3/L99 car? Those turbos and plumbing are going to cost additional weight. The powertrain and chassis will have to be beefed up. And to "only" get about the same power as an LS3? Not even worth it, IMHO. If this is Z28, I'm getting an SS.

"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine."

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #783
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
HELL YEAH! A jacked-up Silverado with an LSA next to my Z28?
They have an LSA in that truck?? Must have missed that one. Sweet
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #784
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post

How much lighter is that car, really, than an LS3/L99 car? Those turbos and plumbing are going to cost additional weight. The powertrain and chassis will have to be beefed up. And to "only" get about the same power as an LS3? Not even worth it, IMHO. If this is Z28, I'm getting an SS.

"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine."
I think I heard someone say the same thing back in 69

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014