Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Those numbers were just MORE fun to look at. Because everyone underrated that little car's potential!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #44
briannutter

Drives: C4Vette,C5-Z06,Cherokee
Why it IS important

When the track is cleared of traffic, I don't think there's a better comparison test in the world than the Ring. Obviously GM agrees with me considering the slew of cars they've sent there lately. It's long with a variety of different straights and corners that punish a car for 8 minutes straight. I think the Discovery channel did a thing on c6 corvette development a while back. MUCH of GM's real world feedback comes from there. Brakes, Suspension and even a bit of aero work was being factored in based on the test car data.

On top of that, European GM sales are growing because of it and their work at LeMans. It also goes a long way of shutting up the fan-boys of other brands (Japanese and Europe brands in paricular) that talk shit about GM.
briannutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #45
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Those numbers were just MORE fun to look at. Because everyone underrated that little car's potential!
LOL

Hee hee just messin.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #46
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
an 8:20 time doesn't dissappoint me considering how flat the front end is.... not to mention all the air bouncing up into the grill / light area...as mentioned.

we wanted them to keep the design, and they did. so aero will suffer for that bottom line.

now the story on the Cobalt?!?! that's something else!