Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #113
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
DOh, sweet! Which one is cheaper because I thought you had headers!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #114
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
I have yet to see any type of rendering that does the Chevelle name any justice. And until they can do that,the name needs to remain unused.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #115
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
I have ARH headers with HFC And a Comp Cam, the headers alone sound good but without the engine lope not to mention the HP gain from the cam and tune
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #116
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
I have yet to see any type of rendering that does the Chevelle name any justice. And until they can do that,the name needs to remain unused.
The one that I found and posted is the only one that I have seen worthy because it looks just like a 70' Chevelle with some modern headlights!
Check it out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX CAMARO View Post
I have ARH headers with HFC And a Comp Cam, the headers alone sound good but without the engine lope not to mention the HP gain from the cam and tune
Oh, ok! This will be the first car that I do engine mods on, so I'm definitely going to look for the best sounding!
Old 08-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #117
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Chevelle? The original muscle car?

Well, anyway, from the inside, my Camaro says "Chevelle" to me much more than it says "Camaro"
Old 08-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #118
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Nice! I wouldn't trade my 5th Gen for it but I would definitely have it! And put it beside my Camaro!
Old 08-17-2014, 01:23 AM   #119
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
Disagree. The chevelle wouldn't look like most other cars like the SS does. classic car styling has been successful for many makes and models. the camaro is a good example.
The 5th Generation Camaro is a terrible example of 'classic' or 'retro' styling. Is it inspired by the 1st gen? Absolutely. But its a thoroughly modern design. If you want 'classic' look at the Challenger, or the most recent incarnation of the Ford Thunderbird & see how well they've done against their more modern competitors.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #120
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

I just realized that all three of us could all save a lot of time & mental energy in these threads if we simply didn't post.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:14 AM   #121
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
I personally think of the 'retro versions' of classic muscle that got it right are the Challenger and Mustang, followed by the Camaro. do not get me wrong I would take any 5th gen Camaro or current Challenger (especially that Hellcat) but they are to me too big and bulky I like the more compact dimensions of the 5th gen Mustang.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #122
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ok so let's look at what we have.

1 - retro doesn't work forever. It can make a splash, a connection to a previous group of loyalists. Think a retro Malibu or Ford Fusion would sell? Nope. Worked on the Camaro and I hope beyond hope it is the only time they ever do it to that degree. I'd prefer a car where the designer has to actually point out the heritage cues. A fifth attempt at a retro mobile (if you count the HHR and the SSR which are both lonnggggggg gone and not from the bankruptcy division culling) GM would be setting itself up for utter failure. Most people want new and fresh, not old and historic.

2 - A second performance coupe in the same showroom would only fragment sales and lead to either significantly higher prices or the death of one or even both due to reduced sales.

3 - Back in the day, late 70's even, GM lead with a coupe. The Oldsmobile Cutlass sold something like 400,000 per year for several years and was the top seller. Back in the day, GM had two plants building Camaros and Firebirds. One is where Fen's dad worked in Norwood Ohio and the other was Van Nuys California, now building Teslas I think. They sold 400,000 F-bodies a year back then. Add the Monte Carlo and Chevelle and there huge volumes for coupes. Add up the total number of coupes in the previous post and you might not get historic F-body sales per year.

4 - CAFE will limit the actual ability for GM to deliver a 2nd high powered gas consuming V8 wonderment you all want.

5 - End game for this is simply business case. If GM could make MORE $$ with a Chevelle in the showroom along with the Camaro then you might see one. But they won't commit an assembly plant and a half a billion dollars to do another niche car. And the Camaro is a borderline niche vehicle by historic sales standards.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #123
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The 5th Generation Camaro is a terrible example of 'classic' or 'retro' styling. Is it inspired by the 1st gen? Absolutely. But its a thoroughly modern design. If you want 'classic' look at the Challenger, or the most recent incarnation of the Ford Thunderbird & see how well they've done against their more modern competitors.
Retro mixed with futuristic. and modern looks Plus can't forget about the Retro mustang!

Quote:

I just realized that all three of us could all save a lot of time & mental energy in these threads if we simply didn't post.

Quote:
Ok so let's look at what we have.

1 - retro doesn't work forever. It can make a splash, a connection to a previous group of loyalists. Think a retro Malibu or Ford Fusion would sell? Nope. Worked on the Camaro and I hope beyond hope it is the only time they ever do it to that degree. I'd prefer a car where the designer has to actually point out the heritage cues. A fifth attempt at a retro mobile (if you count the HHR and the SSR which are both lonnggggggg gone and not from the bankruptcy division culling) GM would be setting itself up for utter failure. Most people want new and fresh, not old and historic.

2 - A second performance coupe in the same showroom would only fragment sales and lead to either significantly higher prices or the death of one or even both due to reduced sales.

3 - Back in the day, late 70's even, GM lead with a coupe. The Oldsmobile Cutlass sold something like 400,000 per year for several years and was the top seller. Back in the day, GM had two plants building Camaros and Firebirds. One is where Fen's dad worked in Norwood Ohio and the other was Van Nuys California, now building Teslas I think. They sold 400,000 F-bodies a year back then. Add the Monte Carlo and Chevelle and there huge volumes for coupes. Add up the total number of coupes in the previous post and you might not get historic F-body sales per year.

4 - CAFE will limit the actual ability for GM to deliver a 2nd high powered gas consuming V8 wonderment you all want.

5 - End game for this is simply business case. If GM could make MORE $$ with a Chevelle in the showroom along with the Camaro then you might see one. But they won't commit an assembly plant and a half a billion dollars to do another niche car. And the Camaro is a borderline niche vehicle by historic sales standards.
Agree with you! Just wish it would happen!

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 08-17-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #124
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Retro mixed with futuristic. and modern looks

Agree with you! Just wish it would happen!
Oh I wish it would happen too. Odds are just stacked against it.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #125
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

Very classy.

I think just about everyone in here knows this won't happen and the business reasons behind why it won't. I don't know why it hurts anything to talk about what they would like to see without being belittled.

Like I said before, we are in the mist of a 707hp family car that Dodge themselves said
has no business model. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say this hp war would end soon. Now we're up on 700HP and it hasn't ended yet.

For the guys that really want a modern Chevelle, I would say about the best you're gonna do is to buy a 69 or 70 and put all modern drive train and suspension components under it.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #126
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Oh I wish it would happen too. Odds are just stacked against it.
Yea, would had mor3 of a chance before the recession! When they was bringing back a lot of old names!