Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #29
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
I can get my thrills at 1/4 racing or less!!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #30
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Well then don't log on!
If you think having the front bumper facia of your new car starting to crack in the first week of driving at high speeds is whining, well good for you....don't log on.
Especially if you've been waiting for months, more power to ya...but don't log on.
But for some of us, it IS a concern, a reason to give notice to be careful and another potential problem that may just delay it even more...but for you, don't log on.
tell me where (besides a none track) you would be driving your car at 155 legally? it's only a concern if it happens at 70-100 mph. so get off your high horse.

I've been waiting longer then most on here or anywhere else for this. and it's sad that you would have to cut something off that you really enjoyed because of such negative people.

it's first year bugs, and they will be fixed. so stop complaining about how gm put out a car with such a defect. you begged them to release the car, they did. like I said they were damned if they did damned if they didn't. can't please people.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #31
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Are you kidding me, concerns about cracking is whining???
I agree.
This is definately a reason for concern.

And who buys at 426hp Camaro SS to keep it under 70mph all the time (highway speed limit)?

I've been over 150mph in my
Stage 4 (turbo upgrade) WRX
Stage 2 STi
LT1 z28
LS1 z28
05 GTO
06 GTO

And I've never had any issues with cracking, etc. So the don't go over the speed limited arguement is ridiculous. GM didn't build this car to stay under 70mph.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #32
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #33
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
tell me where (besides a none track) you would be driving your car at 155 legally? it's only a concern if it happens at 70-100 mph. so get off your high horse.

I've been waiting longer then most on here or anywhere else for this. and it's sad that you would have to cut something off that you really enjoyed because of such negative people.

it's first year bugs, and they will be fixed. so stop complaining about how gm put out a car with such a defect. you begged them to release the car, they did. like I said they were damned if they did damned if they didn't. can't please people.
Hey ever hear of a strong headwind buddy boy!
Oh ok you're now the guy whose going to decide how fast I can go?
Hey didn't know you were installing speed limiters on our cars.
55 the max?
So how long ago did you order?

Mine at sunset
Old 05-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #34
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
If this crack was indeed caused by going fast, it was due to wind speed. This could possibly happen driving at 70 mph against strong winds. You would not have to go 155 mph but you would simply have to be driving against a strong wind. So if this is true, most of these cars fascia will crack in the first couple years.
3400, Order broadcast 6/4
3800, Order produced 6/15
4000, Available to ship 6/16
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped 6/19
6000, Delivered to the customer 6/25

2SS/RS BLK M6 GFX IOM interior
Old 05-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #35
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
You are right - there are zero problems right now and this post is just from some Mustang owner who is looking to slander the car. We should all just get some plastic filler and a spray bomb and shut the hell up.

It would be okay to complain about GM not making the Z/28 though huh?
it is an issue I haven't said it isn't an issue. but it's first year bugs and people bitched and complained about not having their cars and blah blah blah. and now that they are getting them and finding out some bugs they are bitching more. it's getting old. accept the bugs and know GM will recall it when there's a fix if there really is even a problem. who knows could have been a fluke.

and go dig up the Z28 thread I wasn't bitching about them not making it. I only have said I want it and it will come. others that want the Z28 have bitched about them not making it. people that came into that thread and told us to grow up and move on are the ones that got bitched out. and not just by me. but that's a different story all together.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #36
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
You are right - there are zero problems right now and this post is just from some Mustang owner who is looking to slander the car. We should all just get some plastic filler and a spray bomb and shut the hell up.
HUH? That guy does not even own a Ford and runs a website called LS1tech. He does not sound like a stang owner to me.

I thinking that's not a warranty repair. At least you know before you do it to your car.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #37
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Hey ever hear of a strong headwind buddy boy!
Oh ok you're now the guy whose going to decide how fast I can go?
Hey didn't know you were installing speed limiters on our cars.
55 the max?
So how long ago did you order?
Has he ever heard of material fatigue? Not that anyone needs to have a degreee in engineering, he should realize that material weakens overtime and eventually it's ability to withstand the same initial forces are greatly reduced. In other words, if it will do that now at 155, it might do that at 70mph 10 years from now.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #38
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post

Fine, then you stick with less than 70 mph. Enough of your silly posts, this is a serious issue to discuss. For those of you that will never break the speed limit, please use the BACK button and do not read this thread. Go enjoy driving Miss Daisy around the block. Be sure to keep the rpm below 2K also, wouldn't want to stress the engine more than necessary.

For those of you who will exceed the speed limit, hope this topic catches your eye before you venture into the triple digits. My stock Z06 hit 155 mph on the straight at Texas World Speedway, so I fit into the category of "above the speed limit" owner.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #39
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Fine, then you stick with less than 70 mph. Enough of your silly posts, this is a serious issue to discuss. For those of you that will never break the speed limit, please use the BACK button and do not read this thread. Go enjoy driving Miss Daisy around the block. Be sure to keep the rpm below 2K also, wouldn't want to stress the engine more than necessary.

For those of you who will exceed the speed limit, hope this topic catches your eye before you venture into the triple digits. My stock Z06 hit 155 mph on the straight at Texas World Speedway, so I fit into the category of "above the speed limit" owner.
Thanks...well said!

Mine at sunset
Old 05-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #40
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy and old View Post
HUH? That guy does not even own a Ford and runs a website called LS1tech. He does not sound like a stang owner to me.

I thinking that's not a warranty repair. At least you know before you do it to your car.
He was kidding. Sarcasm noted.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #41
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
That was my thought too. Hopefully this thread keeps someone from damaging their own car. I'm still going to receive my 2010 Camaro, I just won't do high speed runs until I fix the nose.
Yep...it'll be on my mind until the issue's addressed, assuming my cars built before it is..... but why did you have to do it to an IOM car??
Old 05-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #42
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Are you kidding me, concerns about cracking is whining???

People I'm a GM fan as much as anyone, wakeup we need these issues fixed.
What do you think the non fan people are going to say that were thinking of buying this car, and don't say you don't care. If they don't sell to the masses then it will be discontinued after a year or two. Fans alone could not save it during the 4rth gens. What happens if you get your car and within months all these problems come out, you will be greatly disappointed. Yes I know it will be under warrantee, but unlike most here I plan to keep mine for years.

Closed Thread