Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-27-2018, 07:17 AM   #1
WhiteLightening

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 RS, 2005 Mustang GT
Question Hey, is there a way to Add MRC

I remember a post about MRC and the person wanted to add it to their LGX camaro. I can't find the post to read about it. So can someone point me in the right direction, or could be revive the topic? Is it possible to add this feature, or does it come standard on highler trim tier v6 packages?
Thanks y'all. Not trying to go in a circle just curious. I can't find a good answer on the web.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:04 AM   #2
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
MRC doesn't come on anything lower than the SS as far as I know.

If you want MRC, you could attempt a retrofit but it won't be an easy integration as the whole system works together, and while nothing is impossible, it's probably close to it for a non-factory effort.

You could look at the Tractive coilovers that will be released for the 6th Gen later this year. It's an electronically controlled DSSV-style valve with a traditional oil damper. Ballpark $6k for the setup.
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:08 AM   #3
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Correct no MRC for the V6.

Also the V6 1LE is this:

Quote:
FE3 suspension components (from Camaro SS) including dampers, rear cradle mounts, ball-jointed rear toe links and stabilizer bars
Old 04-27-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post

If you want MRC, you could attempt a retrofit but it won't be an easy integration as the whole system works together, and while nothing is impossible, it's probably close to it for a non-factory effort.

You could look at the Tractive coilovers that will be released for the 6th Gen later this year. It's an electronically controlled DSSV-style valve with a traditional oil damper. Ballpark $6k for the setup.

Would be nice but not an option for us from gm. And most arent gonna take the time to retrofit it or have the funds to get it retrofitted.

As for whats available from gm, thats stated on chevys page whats optional.

Plenty of other options out there. Most here arent gonna do anything to their car to warrant a set of kw v3's much less the gm dssv's

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:37 AM   #5
Chris V

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post

Plenty of other options out there. Most here arent gonna do anything to their car to warrant a set of kw v3's much less the gm dssv's
Very true.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #6
WhiteLightening

Quote:

They have that?!!! That is badass! Now if it fully intergrate into the sport and touring modes. Tho for 6k, I could get a super charger from over kill ha. Might be adding that to the list of dream parts...
Old 05-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #7
WhiteLightening

Quote:

I looked up a company called DCS sport , the company makes high grade suspension set ups. I was wondering if the system would be tied into my cars sport and touring modes and what not. So when the car is in sport mode it would stiffen up and touring mode the suspension would softer.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:11 AM   #8
Chris V

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightening View Post
I looked up a company called DCS sport , the company makes high grade suspension set ups. I was wondering if the system would be tied into my cars sport and touring modes and what not. So when the car is in sport mode it would stiffen up and touring mode the suspension would softer.
Tractive is sold in the US by DSC Sport. I don't know if it'll tie into the modes on a car not originally equipped with MRC, but you could give them a call.

I last called them in February and they expected the Camaro 6 Tractive setup to be available in June. Robert Weathers is currently running a pre-production set on his car. Ballpark $6k for the setup.

That may get you into an SS if you trade in your V6. It'll also buy some really nice traditional dampers.

I wouldn't recommend spending that kind of money unless you have it to burn and you're in a competitive environment.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:09 PM   #9
WhiteLightening

Since MRC would be bad ass but it's a tad pricey...and FE3 and 4 are GM warranted tho pricey. In your guys opinion would it be better to save up for the GM products or go wth aftermarket suspension parts for a cheaper price?
Old 05-15-2018, 01:16 AM   #10
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
There is a great suspension available for the 5th Gen Camaro that I will hope will later become available for the 6th Gen. It's the Ohlins Road & Track coilovers with their Dual Flow Valve technology. https://www.ohlinsusa.com/suspension...5-generation-5

I have Ohlins DFV on my 1997 Miata and they make it a hero car, suspension-wise, on autocross or the track. Ohlins are famous for riding well on the street, considering their track performance. Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire is a big, big fan of the Ohlins coilover systems - he loves that they ride well for such high-performing dampers.

Ohlins is the only suspension system that I can presently foresee myself possibly getting to upgrade my V6 1LE. The 5th Gen kits are priced online from about $3k, which isn't bad for the quality that you get.

Last edited by Roostie; 05-15-2018 at 01:16 AM. Reason: add pricing
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #11
WhiteLightening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostie View Post
There is a great suspension available for the 5th Gen Camaro that I will hope will later become available for the 6th Gen. It's the Ohlins Road & Track coilovers with their Dual Flow Valve technology. https://www.ohlinsusa.com/suspension...5-generation-5

I have Ohlins DFV on my 1997 Miata and they make it a hero car, suspension-wise, on autocross or the track. Ohlins are famous for riding well on the street, considering their track performance. Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire is a big, big fan of the Ohlins coilover systems - he loves that they ride well for such high-performing dampers.

Ohlins is the only suspension system that I can presently foresee myself possibly getting to upgrade my V6 1LE. The 5th Gen kits are priced online from about $3k, which isn't bad for the quality that you get.
Can you control in from inside your car?
Old 05-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #12
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
No, on top of each damper you can adjust rebound, only. It's not like MRC.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote