Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-31-2013, 03:54 AM   #1
ccalderon210

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Ls
bbk x pipe and magnaflow resonated x pipe

Could these two be in the same setup? I have a bbk x pipe and a MRT v2 axle back. I am looking into getting a resonated x pipe from magnaflow but I am unsure of fitment with the bbk x pipe. Does anyone has a setup like the one I described? Would getting custom pipes at a shop be better route? Any help is appreciated
ccalderon210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Could they, yes. But it doesn't make any sense or provide any benefit. You only need one or the other.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Could they, yes. But it doesn't make any sense or provide any benefit. You only need one or the other.
^ What he said!!!

I would go with the Magnaflow X pipe...I have it on mine and I love it!

Pretty sure Chase can grab you a good deal on it.
CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:21 AM   #4
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalderon210 View Post
Could these two be in the same setup? I have a bbk x pipe and a MRT v2 axle back. I am looking into getting a resonated x pipe from magnaflow but I am unsure of fitment with the bbk x pipe. Does anyone has a setup like the one I described? Would getting custom pipes at a shop be better route? Any help is appreciated
Dump the bbk-xpipe and go with mag res. x-p.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:04 AM   #5
ccalderon210

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Ls
I ordered one this past week, should be here tonight, its just I was hoping the bbk would work as I'm in CA and I'd rather not touch the stock exhaust. How is you guy's exhaust setups? Did you just add it in place of the h pipe or did you guys get custom pipes from a shop? I want to avoid modifying the stock exhaust
ccalderon210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:33 AM   #6
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
I would say use the magnaflow x pipe. Tuesday I just put in a 18" magnaflow x pipe with two magnaflow offset-centered mufflers and she sounds so beautiful and smooth. I was like you, I didn't want to alter the exhaust but the v6 needs some beef to it if you ask me. So how does it sound? Very deep, ZERO rasp and best of all when you get on it the exhaust actually gets more quiet the higher the rpms. This is good because you won't wake up the neighborhood or attract the cops. So far ppl just love the exhaust note, to me that's how the car should have sounded from factory.
Hope this helps...
Oh! And I didn't get all new piping, I just added the mufflers. Also as for hp, you feel it more mid-upper rpms but I think it's because of better flow. Just don't expect much hp if any from changing the exhaust. Like everyone says, you do it for sound.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2014, 04:36 AM   #7
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Old 01-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
I would say use the magnaflow x pipe. Tuesday I just put in a 18" magnaflow x pipe with two magnaflow offset-centered mufflers and she sounds so beautiful and smooth. I was like you, I didn't want to alter the exhaust but the v6 needs some beef to it if you ask me. So how does it sound? Very deep, ZERO rasp and best of all when you get on it the exhaust actually gets more quiet the higher the rpms. This is good because you won't wake up the neighborhood or attract the cops. So far ppl just love the exhaust note, to me that's how the car should have sounded from factory.
Hope this helps...
Oh! And I didn't get all new piping, I just added the mufflers. Also as for hp, you feel it more mid-upper rpms but I think it's because of better flow. Just don't expect much hp if any from changing the exhaust. Like everyone says, you do it for sound.

Video...
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #9
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

ok ill try to make one tomorrow for ya

or should i say later today, i didn't realize its after 12...