Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #1
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
This is the condition a 9 month old camaro looks after 20k 90% highway miles

Ever wonder how your car looks after only owning it for 9 months and 20,000 miles? This is mainly highway driven and also a daily driver, and this is also in Texas where most of our good freeways and toll roads aren't infested with lots of little rocks, and we also don't have to deal with too much of the sand from winter time. There will be some roof shots here as well that you should look at. If you run your car through the automatic car wash, you now the ones that pull your car through, think again.

Now that I have ZL1 wheels, it won't be a problem because its' all hand washed now, a bit too late but let my mistakes be your triumphs.

I do plan on repainting the car this summer and putting it in the garage and not driving it anymore since my wife and i are looking at a 3rd vehicle since we will both have to start picking up kids with her new job.

Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Welcome to a car that gets driven, lol. No big deal really, unless of course you want a garage queen.

I autoX mine and hit cones pretty frequently, they usually will leave some marks but I don't care, I bought the car to have fun in, not leave it sitting all lonely in a garage.

Cars can always be re-painted, it's useless if you don't drive it.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #3
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Dang son! I have 23K on my '14, in IDAHO no less. It still looks pretty fresh.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
Welcome to a car that gets driven, lol. No big deal really, unless of course you want a garage queen.

I autoX mine and hit cones pretty frequently, they usually will leave some marks but I don't care, I bought the car to have fun in, not leave it sitting all lonely in a garage.

Cars can always be re-painted, it's useless if you don't drive it.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
Enduring

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
The paint on these cars (and maybe all new cars) starts to look like crap from daily wear and black amplifies that. My car is chipped to hell from driving on gravel roads (I have to drive on gravel roads whenever I go to my parents) and from the ice and sand during the winter. Probably going to plasti-dip the whole car this year to give it a new look and protect the paint.
Enduring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #6
aaaccc10

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Yeah my car has about 1 yr, 21000 miles and I have quite a few dings and scratches too. Basically nobody but me notices any of them but I always see them lol. Whenever I see one though I'm torn between the idea that "my car is a DD so it's fine" and "OMG! My life is over" or "WHO OPENED THEIR DOOR INTO MY CAR?!?!"

But honestly I wouldn't trade my car for one that sits in the garage most of the time. I totally respect people who have those cars though. They always look amazing and the amount of willpower It takes is awesome. One day maybe I'll have 2 Camaros so I can do that with one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aaaccc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I think if you drive them, you will have battle scars. I also bet that when the car is clean, and you are 5 - 10 feet away, it looks pretty damn good. I would not sweat it!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #8
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Should have invested in one of those clear bras. My front SS emblem looks the same as yours. I gotta fix that.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #9
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Clear bra and rock guards help.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #10
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
motorway driving is a killer for paint
i rarely drive on them in my special car
black is a nightmare aswell..
nothing you can do really if you drive it..i wont ever own another black car having ocd..it drove me insane..had to wash it daily..
getting red white or yellow this time
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #11
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
we all know the paint isn't the best on the Camaro, but I'm guessing you must tailgate a bit more than others to have it that bad? Or there must be some kind of sand/grit on the roads more than other places?
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #12
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Mine looks about the same, minus the blemish on the seat. I have the cop-style cloth seats in my LS that I think were made from a potato sack, and they're holding up fairly well.

The rest of the car is chipped and road-rashed to hell already though.

Edit: 1 year of ownership, over 14k miles, 90%++ highway miles (lifetime average speed is 47 mph). I live on a gravel road and travel a highway that is frequented by truckers who come over a mountain pass and are always shedding gravel and sand.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #13
ilir14

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
20k high miles that looks about right going 80 mph hitting a fly if you don't take care right away will leave a mark and remember drive it like you stole it
ilir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #14
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
I don't know man, some of that looks a little excessive. I have 11000 miles on my car now and it still looks pretty much brand new, aside from one F up where I curbed the rim. Doh.

The front bumper does have a minor ding or two, but the roads here are utter shyte in comparison to Texas. I almost have to wonder if they botched the clear coat on your car.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote