Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #659
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Hmmmmmm. Yeah its got to be in the tune somewhere. But I would really hesitate going back to stock tune as it would be way off on fuel settings. what tune does he have in it now?

Oh quick thought. PVC line goes to the bottom nipple at the front of the Maggie...not the top one. If these were reversed it would be throwing all of those codes too. Just track the tube from the PVC valve at the back of the drivers side valve cover forward and make sure it goes to the bottom nipple at the front drivers side of the sc near the throttle body.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #660
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Oh quick thought. PVC line goes to the bottom nipple at the front of the Maggie...not the top one. If these were reversed it would be throwing all of those codes too. Just track the tube from the PVC valve at the back of the drivers side valve cover forward and make sure it goes to the bottom nipple at the front drivers side of the sc near the throttle body.
Roger that.

if you watch the video he posted you can seem em... Take a look and let us know if you like what you see...

Fast forward to the end and you see he points all the PCV lines out....

Bee good to have another set of eyes on it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #661
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:

i think you have that wrong....the brake booster goes to the front or lower barb.....

see steps 128 thru 131 in the install manual....
Old 01-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #662
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
PQ just needs to put a little hair around it. He will find it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
But he has no tool to plug it with....
oh, i'm sure he'd either find or make one. he'd love to get his tool in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
And your 5 minutes from me! I'll get a used one and we can slap it on my LS1 Vette
let me know how it goes - i'm looking to put one on mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
bubble gum????

seriously....the help here is incredible......

it is a 1/4 or 5/16 barb....some hose with a stopper of some sort until you can get the rubber cap or a BOOST gauge will work....
i like the red letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
...we are now thinking it's the tune....

we're debating taking the ECM back to stock and just starting the car to see if it behaves differently.

Anyone see a problem with that???? as long as we don't rev the engine??
that's what the consensus seems to be from the truck guys. load a stock tune & see if it idles. that's if & only if he's using the stock size injectors. also, obviously, get the rpms up enough to create boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I still think we need to put a FP guage on it...

just in case...
what?! y'all ain't done that yet?!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #663
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Fuse pull......

Just wanted to sound like I'm helping.....
Old 01-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #664
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Fuse pull......

Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #665
2010 SS RS

Quote:
i think you have that wrong....the brake booster goes to the front or lower barb.....

see steps 128 thru 131 in the install manual....
You are correct. I could have swore I looked at one on Garths maggie tonight as we were figuring for his catch can...But his did not look like front and back so maybe a difference between ls3 and l99..who knows. but yeah I read the install instructions and you are spot on and I was backwards.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #666
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
You are correct. I could have swore I looked at one on Garths maggie tonight as we were figuring for his catch can...But his did not look like front and back so maybe a difference between ls3 and l99..who knows. but yeah I read the install instructions and you are spot on and I was backwards.
now if you could go tell my wife how smart i am and that I WAS RIGHT once i'd really appreciate it.....
Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #667
2010 SS RS

Only other thing i noticed was the maf was at the 6 oclock position instead of 9 or 3....Not sure how much difference that would make but I have heard it does have an effect....It only plugs in one way but the whole unit could have been installed with flow backwards....I think this was already discussed but I would certainly check that. All the other hoses looked fine from what I could see and seemed to match up with the instructions posted earlier.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #668
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
And that MAF is in a completely different position from where the tune thinks it is. Shouldn't be a huge difference but will affect fuel
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #669
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
CHOKEDOWNTHAT CHICKEN!!!

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #670
2010 SS RS

Quote:
now if you could go tell my wife how smart i am and that I WAS RIGHT once i'd really appreciate it.....
She would not believe me...you better just show her the thread.....lol
Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #671
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Talked to BlownSS who had a similar experience with his set-up.
I think we are down to it being the tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Dos any one have the install paper work? to post.
http://www.magnacharger.com/pdf/manual-Chevrolet_Camaro_LS3_L99.pdf

Quote:
Are you running an oil catch can and crankcase vent? or did you forget to hook up the crankcase air intake from your CAI back up to the Passenger side just above the oil filler cap? If you are running a Crank Vent you must cap the line from the CAI to the passenger side and only use the vent.
Then it is not uncommon to have more air than maf told computer you were getting. When the o2 sensors realize the difference it adjust the fuel at idle to compensate. I actually could not keep mine running in this situation. ended up adding 18 percent more fuel at Idle to balance everything out. The computer is going to adjust to best stoich burn. All this happened before long and short trims even kicked in. Idle would be all over the place at start up and if it finally kept running if i gave it a little stab it would want to stall out. Pretty easy fix but you will need it on a tuner.
Shouldn't it at least idle the same though?

Quote:
the install instructions are at Magncharger.com.....hang on i'll post a link

Here

Quote:
Hmmmmmm. Yeah its got to be in the tune somewhere. But I would really hesitate going back to stock tune as it would be way off on fuel settings. what tune does he have in it now?
I went ahead and put the stock tune, and the tunes I was running with the o2 sensor deletes. They all idled identically. I"m guessing becuae of what Zebra said below. Injectors are bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
that's what the consensus seems to be from the truck guys. load a stock tune & see if it idles. that's if & only if he's using the stock size injectors. also, obviously, get the rpms up enough to create boost
Damn. forgot about that.

Quote:
Fuse pull......
Did that early on. lol

Quote:
maybe a difference between ls3 and l99..
There is a little. But hooks to the same place.

Quote:
Only other thing i noticed was the maf was at the 6 oclock position instead of 9 or 3....Not sure how much difference that would make but I have heard it does have an effect....It only plugs in one way but the whole unit could have been installed with flow backwards....I think this was already discussed but I would certainly check that. All the other hoses looked fine from what I could see and seemed to match up with the instructions posted earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
And that MAF is in a completely different position from where the tune thinks it is. Shouldn't be a huge difference but will affect fuel
Huh?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #672
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Fuse pull......

I already said that and he is not listening to me as usual. Took me 3 days to get him to do it last time it fixed his car.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote