Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 04-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Slick1
New Guy

Drives: Black 2011 1SS.
PSN down?!!! Hackers!!

I haven't checked for myself yet but I got a few texts today from my friend saying that hackers took down PSN today and destroyed servers worldwide. He also said that Sony is saying 2 days before it's back up!!!
Slick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
Slick1
New Guy

Well I checked for myself and something is wrong
Old 04-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Senojelyk

Drives: '95 Jeep Wrangler
Yea.. word on the street is its hackers. Found a site where people say they are going after PSN accounts.. worst case is they are targeting saved credit cards.. don't think Sony is dumb enough to allow a backdoor there... but we'll see what happens.

One day I will own a Camaro... One day.
Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
yes this is very frustrating at the time i just got back into play call of duty black ops
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
Slick1
New Guy

Well my friend is on top of this stuff and he told me today that the hacker who calls himself "Anonymous" (not that he is but he's actually using the word as his name) is at war with PSN. Supposedly they got the network running for like 10 mins today and the guy shut them down again right away. Then he sent an email to them saying something along the lines of "Sony has a stranglehold on it's customers and anyone that effected by it needs to reevaluate their lives and go outside" but then admits that it's basically just retaliation for Sony going after the people that were hacking and ruining MW2 for those of us who tried to play the normal game and get good.

Sony is saying that because of Easter weekend they won't begin working on it till Monday and because they were shut down so easily a second time that with the additional security they will be doing it may take a while to get it back up.

Again this info is from a buddy of mine who is usually on top of this stuff so feel free to read more yourselves and correct anything if I'm wrong.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:58 AM   #6
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Anonymous is actually more than one person, it's a group. They have been warring with sony for a while now. I'm starting to get really pissed because I can't use netflix and that's pretty much all I use for tv. I don't have cable anymore, so I've had to use the browser to do a lot of streaming. They really need to nip this problem in the butt.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
im still able ot use netflix with out signin in i just keep redoing signin while netflix is trying to connect and when my que shows up i just cancel the signin.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #8
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Anonymous is actually more than one person, it's a group. They have been warring with sony for a while now. I'm starting to get really pissed because I can't use netflix and that's pretty much all I use for tv. I don't have cable anymore, so I've had to use the browser to do a lot of streaming. They really need to nip this problem in the butt.
Yep...it's a group...and they are people who really need to be get a clue...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Co...v._George_Hotz

That's what its all about....and one of these days....some of those people are going to get killed
Old 04-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #9
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Hopefully anon can destroy XBL next. Then maybe we can get the good games back on computer without being ported from console first. Thats one group of people you do not mess with if you want to still use the internet.
What happened to that security firm again? http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...avy-price.ars/

Absolutely epic.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #10
Slick1
New Guy

I don't understand what is going on really. What is "jailbreaking"? I know what it is for iphones but what does it do on the PS3?

All I know is I'm sick of people hacking games. I'm amazed by the shit they can do and stuff but keep it out of normal games. My idea of fun is to play a fair game where everybody plays by the rules and you're either good or you suck so you practice to get good.

If they set up a lobby for modded only games for the hackers to play each other that would be cool as hell. The problem with hackers is that they are selfish. If I was having problems because I was trying to do something illegal I wouldn't take it out on the whole PSN community. I don't understand what the problem with buying a console and some games and playing them. Want more "freedom" then that then why not develop your own system with it's own servers? Obviously they are some talented people to be able to do what they do so why couldn't they pull it off?

The other reason I say hackers are selfish is because they screw over average people who never tried to screw anyone for their own personal gains (or in some cases just to say they did it.). All I know is that I didn't do anything to anybody to deserve not being able to play a few games online after a hard week of work and I never asked for anything more then what the PS3 already provides.

Also Netflix is working if you do like the other poster said and keep leaving the sign in prompts.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1 View Post
I don't understand what is going on really. What is "jailbreaking"? I know what it is for iphones but what does it do on the PS3?
Basically the same thing....you make the PS3 capable of playing something other than the Sony Operating System.

If you have one of the original "bricks", meaning the first batch of PS3's, you could install Linux on them. It was a pretty popular "hack" if you will...

You also can be blackflagged by Microsoft if you mod your Xbox, which will result in your XBL account being terminated...
Old 04-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #12
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Anonymous wasn't responsible for the PSN being taken down. He said he wished it was him though.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick1 View Post

All I know is I'm sick of people hacking games. I'm amazed by the shit they can do and stuff but keep it out of normal games. My idea of fun is to play a fair game where everybody plays by the rules and you're either good or you suck so you practice to get good.

If they set up a lobby for modded only games for the hackers to play each other that would be cool as hell. The problem with hackers is that they are selfish. If I was having problems because I was trying to do something illegal I wouldn't take it out on the whole PSN community. I don't understand what the problem with buying a console and some games and playing them. Want more "freedom" then that then why not develop your own system with it's own servers? Obviously they are some talented people to be able to do what they do so why couldn't they pull it off?

The other reason I say hackers are selfish is because they screw over average people who never tried to screw anyone for their own personal gains (or in some cases just to say they did it.). All I know is that I didn't do anything to anybody to deserve not being able to play a few games online after a hard week of work and I never asked for anything more then what the PS3 already provides.

Also Netflix is working if you do like the other poster said and keep leaving the sign in prompts.
EXACTLY

These selfish pricks scream and yell when the hacks get blocked or shut down and ruin the game experience for the 90% of the world that doesn't want to cheat and just wants to play the effing game as it was intended. They treat everyone like its a crime for them to actually want to play a simulator online with others to pretend to be an actual soldier who can actually die and who actually doesn't have unlimited bullets.

Then they spend their time on their soapbox yelling how its wrong to stop them and if you don't like it you can play somewhere else, and they are oppressed, etc.

I hope this bastard is caught and beaten and the new security measures prevent any hacking. You don't like it make your own game.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #14
Slick1
New Guy

The ONLY reason my post was tamer then your's is because I don't want to chance get hacked. The odds of them seeing my post on a camaro site are pretty slim but if they can do that to sony then I'm not messing with them.

It really is BS though and I don't understand how anyone could support this crap. I was really hoping someone could tell me ANYTHING to justify this bull but until I hear something legit this is retarded. I saw the email too. It has the V for Vendetta guy (Guy Faux?) on the background. There is no "freedom crusade" here or noble cause and while there may be some true visionaries at work in a skill set they are not the idealists they are acting like.

Oh and on the last bit of rant - They say that Sony violated rights somehow? How is Sony breaking privacy ethics to CATCH VIOLATORS a lesser form of intrusion then the guy who just wiped out everything you worked for because you killed him once while he was trying to turn care packages into a spaceship in a corner or shutting down a network full of people's saved credit card data?!!!