Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #43
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
I know I will get bashed for this but dont take this as a flame or what ever because I do have respect for you but, I'm not sure, maybe I missed something... I know the Camaro will be a great car when I eventually get it, just like the other 5 Chevrolets in my driveway. But I still dont understand why there was an early order program. If it was mainly to see how many people wanted the car, we should have been told that it was for marketing purposes instead of being led to believe that the earlier we ordered the sooner we would get a car. The question is still up in the air as to how people are walking in to dealers in March and getting thier car before the people that "pre-ordered" in October. Yeah, the RPO code will be nice to have but honestly, in 20 or 30 years, MOST of the cars with the RPO code wont be any more "special" because the saught after low VIN numbers were taken up by rental cars that will be thrashed. Modern cars dont hold the same value as the older cars do. One reason is because there are no special factory options you can get like you used to be able to. Sure, there are the RS, stripe, and interior options, but pretty much every car will be duplicated thousands of times. Again, I have all the respect for you and all the employees at GM, but it took more than one man to make this car happen. It would just be nice to hear somebody from GM say "you know what guys, we screwed up and this is what we plan on doing to fix it." or "it's to late to change it." It seems like anything good, and the higher ups are showing it off, but if something dont go as planned, the people with the answers just lay low and let it die. I ordered my car 10/29/08 without driving, sitting or even seeing one in person to this day, got the welcome pack, all the brochures and color charts, and have the cash sitting in the bank drawing intrest waiting to pay off my Camaro in full, so no matter how long it takes, how many things get screwed up or go wrong, I will wait on my car to get here. But never again will I waist the effort to "pre-order" any new car. I still dont know what my status is because I cant get it out of my dealer and I was referred to CamaroScotty and still(about a week now) havnt gotten a responce. Sure I will get it some day, But I would have thought I would have mine before the people that ordered 6 months after me.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #44
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw View Post
Whatever. Explain why the guy with VIN 6xxx has his car and the car I ordered with VIN 3xxx hasn't shown up yet. Explain why the car I ordered was completed and listed as shipped, before the dealer's v6; and yet the dealer's car has been delivered and is sitting on the showroom floor, for a week now, while the car I orderd is nowwhere to be found. Why are cars being delivered to people who ordered two months ago while those of us who ordered back in October are still waiting for cars that came off the line and then vanished. All you Chevy/GM folks like to talk about how great the car is, how it exceeds all expectations, but I don't care about that anymore. I would like you to go out, find and deliver the thousands of cars that GM has parked in some yard. There is talk about adding another shift at the plant, work an extra week instead of shutting down so you can build more cars. Here is a better idea, DELIVER the cars that have already been built.

Because yours is an early car.

We are retrofitting the early cars.

Would you rather that we ship the car to your dealer with things that we don't think are acceptable?

Reflashes, for example, do not take 5 minutes. Done properly, they take a substantial amount of time.

We ARE motivated to get them out as quick as possible...we don't want upset customers -- and we don't want to tie up money by parking cars in a lot somewhere and just letting them sit.

I'm sorry you're upset......we're turning them around as fast as we can.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #45
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Thank you Scott for all the pep talks.

And for the patient ones that have to get their MBA before their car is ordered, with all this being said, seeing that Camaro is an immanent success, will there be a Z/28 next year?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #46
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Dear ones.........
We also felt that we should do something special for our Loyal Enthusiasts who have waited so long for this car – and that was, of course, the ‘early order’ program – better known as R6P. The intent was to offer a special ‘RPO’ code identifying these cars as ‘special’ while offering the owner a ‘welcome’ package. (and we all know how 'dear' that RPO code will be in 20 or 30 years!)

When we announced the program, we said we’d build each of these cars by no later than the third quarter.

…….I truly believe you’ll find it was worth the wait……..

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for your understanding.

….and thank you, once again, for “Keeping the Faith”
Scott; Thanks for what I feel is an honest and refreshing assesment of the past few months. In your post you mentioned an "RPO Code". What does that mean to us exactly other than the welcome Pkg and how does that work for us with Oct 06 orders that will have Vin#'s in excess of 8000.

The past week I've been reading the book "Camaro, A Legend Reborn" and have gained a better understanding of the process of bringing this car into being and would like to say thank you to the hundreds of people that wouldn't let it die. When I'm driving around this summer I'll definitely be feeling the efforts of so many.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #47
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OldTimer -- I'm going to send you a PM -- please respond to me!
That is so good of you to help him out Scott. This is the fear that thousands of us have been having in the back of our minds for months. Please post and let us know what the resolution is for him. And thanks for sticking around and taking all of our abuse. We all are freaking out. If you did not have such a great car none of this would matter. During these tough times I think everyone is just looking for a little fair shake, the honest old fashioned way.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #48
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Thanks for the post Scott. Always good to hear from you.

I am guilty of whining, but it is all because of my passion for this new Camaro. You are right -- we want our Camaro, and we want it now. If it were just another car, I wouldn't bother complaining, BUT for whatever reason, this car gets in your head, gives me the chills and makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck like the anthem does at a ball game.

Now that the official launch has come to pass, I will be watching carefully if the enthusiasts are getting their cars, or if the dealers are selling them off the lot. I really hope that it does not play out to be the later.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #49
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Not the place for this...and horribly disrespectful.
Let's not turn this into a microcosm of national politics where people in opposite parties are told their legitimate questions are rude.

I too am curious why cars are arriving the way they do and people are being kept in the dark. I think it's a legitimate question because Fbodfather addressed MANY of the issues that concerned me in his message but this one issue he did not mention is probably the one that worries me the most.

I'm sure other people are "gun shy" because of this. There has to be some way to explain this.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #50
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
OldTimer -- It may help some other unsuspecting victim if you would post this dealers name.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #51
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
ok

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #52
Howzit

Drives: 77 RS, 10 SS
I think that was a great post by fbodfather. I think most of us understand and accept that it will take time to build all those camaros. I know i'm not upset about the AVIS cars being built. What does upset/confuses me and I'll try to phrase this in the form of a question:

How is it that some people have said that they ordered their camaro after the preorder deadline but got it pulled for production before someone who preordered?

I have read a couple of posts now where people are saying that they ordered after the preorder deadline and got their camaros pulled for production meanwhile there are so many of us that preordered who sit at 1100. I don't think im the only one whos asked this same question and since the odds of getting an answer to this question from GM is so low all we end up doing is just waiting and reading more posts about this happening. This situation makes it seem like GM doesn't care a lot about preorders and most of the camaro enthusiast are preordering. Eventually people are gonna get upset by this and start to complain.

Perhaps fbodfather you ask this question to someone at GM and try to get an answer and help some of us understand this process better.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #53
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Scott,
I sincerely apologize for what you've had to put up with the last couple of years.
I appreciate your work and effort.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #54
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toons View Post
Ok, can I just have my car now?
+1,000,000!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #55
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Let's not turn this into a microcosm of national politics where people in opposite parties are told their legitimate questions are rude.

I too am curious why cars are arriving the way they do and people are being kept in the dark. I think it's a legitimate question because Fbodfather addressed MANY of the issues that concerned me in his message but this one issue he did not mention is probably the one that worries me the most.

I'm sure other people are "gun shy" because of this. There has to be some way to explain this.
He just did. The earliest orders are still being retrofitted with updates.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #56
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Oldtimer has mentioned the dealer name in another thread.

Closed Thread