Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
dalasD

Drives: 2SS/SIM/M6
XM Radio Service Issue "BE AWARE"

Heads up to everyone related to the XM Radio service.

The short of the story is that I tried it for 3 months and did not use it enough so I canceled. Now I receive collection notices for payment on service that was discontinued.

XM seems to think that they can bully and squeeze a few extra payments with a thretening letter from a collection agency EOS-CCA. They say it was not clear that service was canceled and that it is an ongoing service and will continue past the service date. All fine but when a phone call is not enough and collection notices arrive and the XM Service is not playing in the car that is too much.

If you cancel the service be very, very clear to the provider and back it up in writing. I am just happy I was wise enough to NOT place my credit card on file with them.

Please be careful with XM Radio.........!
dalasD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
I canceled XM the minute I drove off the lot. They just couldn’t take no for an answer. They tried the sweet talk routine with me about it’s free for the first six months etc. On the last day I get a call about renewing the service and said “Never used it and Not interested“ and is still on as of today.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
PB3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
Sorry to hear about your troubles w/XM. I have had XM installed in my 02 Grand Am and really didnt have much trouble when it came time to cancel. I had payments drafted from my bank account. Other than trying to get me not to cancel my service they were pretty friendly.
I agree though. Get your actions in writing and follow up to be sure both parties are clear on the date of cancelation.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
I bought the lifetime service, no payments required (pays for itself in 2.5years)
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
I am on the fence with the XM thing. Would be nice to have during the summer while the car is being used but it will be stored all winter. To have XM active in the car during winter months would be a total waste. Same with OnStar.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
You actually received collection notices?

I bought the car, and towards the end of the 3-month free trial I got plenty of phone calls and stuff in the mail to try and get me to buy some 1- or 3-year subscription, but I just ignored them. If you never give them your credit card information, then they shouldn't be able to send a collections agency at you at all.

This is an odd situation
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
brtaus

Drives: None
I hear all these stories about XM staying on past the free trial and them calling everyday to renew once the free trial is over and what not. Funny thing is for me, on the day my free trial was to end, it ended. I got a few offers in the mail from them but never received a phone call from them.
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Wild Bill

Drives: Camaro 2015 RS CRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalasD View Post
Heads up to everyone related to the XM Radio service.

The short of the story is that I tried it for 3 months and did not use it enough so I canceled. Now I receive collection notices for payment on service that was discontinued.

XM seems to think that they can bully and squeeze a few extra payments with a thretening letter from a collection agency EOS-CCA. They say it was not clear that service was canceled and that it is an ongoing service and will continue past the service date. All fine but when a phone call is not enough and collection notices arrive and the XM Service is not playing in the car that is too much.

If you cancel the service be very, very clear to the provider and back it up in writing. I am just happy I was wise enough to NOT place my credit card on file with them.

Please be careful with XM Radio.........!
They tried to pull the same $hit with me.
6000 - 7/17/09
See my Thread in New York Metro Area.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33878
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
how much is a life time renewal ?
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I just dont see the value in it. I hardly ever find music that I enjoy on it. Guess I better send them an email, a letter and call them so they dont try that crap with me.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #11
Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I called XM when I bought the car in November. Told them it would be stored until March or April. Asked if I could please delay my 3 month trial until then.

"Sure" they said, "and I'll make a note of that here on your file."

4-6 phone calls (from them to me) later over the winter I got one salesman who was quite a jerk.

I will not pay XM radio a dime ever, nor use their service.
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
During the three month trial, I used it twice. Afterthe trial I keep getting emails on the service, but no bills.

I had it for a year on my Grand Prix. Just never usedit that much, so I dropped it.

That's just my experience with it.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
I bought the lifetime service, no payments required (pays for itself in 2.5years)
I wish I did that with Sirius when the first introduced it. Was $250 back then. I payed that out like 3 times over now.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #14
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
You actually received collection notices?

I bought the car, and towards the end of the 3-month free trial I got plenty of phone calls and stuff in the mail to try and get me to buy some 1- or 3-year subscription, but I just ignored them. If you never give them your credit card information, then they shouldn't be able to send a collections agency at you at all.

This is an odd situation