Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
Ashn_G_1LE

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Corsa vs NPP

Hey guys. So I’m starting the build on my 1le....again. You guys may have seen some of my recent post and seen I’m doing a full cam kit, new lifters, new injectors, and e85 tune flexfuel. I currently have intake, arh catless long tubes and, factory npp exhaust. Is it worth it to upgrade the exhaust to the corsa. The npp already sounds great but is there any significant hp gains with the corsa? How much louder is it than the npp I know it’s 3 in piping but I’m curious how loud it would be with all the listed mods. Let me know your guys opinions! Thanks!
Old 09-28-2018, 06:59 AM   #2
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
I have a highly modified ZL1 that we switched to the Corsa. Not sure if there were any hp gains but it sure is loud!
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:28 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
That would also depend on the header size, but yes you should gain some but not much as restriction is not that much with existing 2 1/2 ", I would suggest there are videos out there showing a comparison of the switch to 3" more free flowing exhaust done by some TV shows even online.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
brick59
Sucker Punch

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1, 2007 Silverado LTZ
I'm running 2" Kooks with high flow cats and Corsa exhaust and as mrvenicess said it's loud.
427 Dart SHP Pro LS Block, Callies Magnum Crank, Callies Ultra I Beam Rods, Diamond Pistons, AGP twin Turbos 6865, Mast heads, Cam Motion LLR cam, Morel tie bar lifters, Crower roller rockers, NW 103MM TB, ID2600 XDS, Fore Triple, DSX, E85, ARH Turbo Headers, Corsa, Jakes stage 5 4L80, Circle D, RPM Roll Bar, BMR, Carlyle Racing 15" conversion kit.
brick59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:46 AM   #5
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
I honestly did not care for my NPP before or after the fuse pull, I was seriously considering swapping it out. Then I installed my LTs and HFCs... I literally got chills the first time I heard it at WOT. I absolutely love it and I get tons of compliments on it. I've had Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc on my 3rd and 4th gens and this setup is by far my favorite.
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:25 AM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
There is some gains when it comes to the Corsa system. We've seen 6+ horsepower, 7+ torque, with a 6.5%+ increase in flow. So you will notice a slight difference.

As far as sound goes yes the Corsa will be loud with the mods you have already so unless you want your whole neighborhood to hear you rolling in I would suggest sticking with the NPP. If you don't really like them then let it roar !

Let us know if you if you want a great deal on anything for your car. Happy modding!

Cheers,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #7
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Ive lost track of the exhaust combos ive tried on my car. I had the Corsa X treme 3 inch catback installed late last fall. I did longtube headers this spring. The setup is loud idle is good....my neighbours don't complain...under power the car sounds amazing...zero drone. Everytime I drive the car I find myself answering the same 2 questions. What colour is it and what exhaust do I have. The Corsa sounds good loud...nice and refined. Ive had bad loud and this system is far from it.....I vote Corsa..
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:03 AM   #8
BostiPB

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
I switched from NPP to the Corsa (Already had Kooks Long Tubes and High Flow Cats). It definitely is louder. It is really nice that there is no drone. As for gains, I have not been dyno'd since I put the Corsa on so I cant comment on that end. I just could not believe that I didn't make the switch sooner.
2014 2SS/RS - Red Rock Metallic - Kooks Headers, Corsa Extreme, Factory Reproductions Z28 Rims, Pedders Coilovers, JDP Clutch Reservoir, Summit Racing Line Lock, GM Strut Brace, GM low profile splash guards, Roto-fab CAI, Oracle Ghosted Sidemarker Lights & Concept Mirrors, ZL1 Side Skirts, MGW Flat Stick Shifter, BMR Subframe Connectors, Eaton Truetrac, Yukon 4.11s, GForce Renegade Axles, Speedmaster79 Diff Cover, Offset Diff Bushings, Every Suspension Bushing Front & Rear Replaced with BMR Poly Bushings - 421HP 412TQ
BostiPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:16 AM   #9
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostiPB View Post
I switched from NPP to the Corsa (Already had Kooks Long Tubes and High Flow Cats). It definitely is louder. It is really nice that there is no drone. As for gains, I have not been dyno'd since I put the Corsa on so I cant comment on that end. I just could not believe that I didn't make the switch sooner.
How about posting a sound clip. Would love to hear it.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote