Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
Royst

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
2015 Switchblade key?

So I recently bought my first Camaro, a 2015 LT. Unfortunately the dealer did not provide me with a key fob, and I am trying to find the best option to buy+program one pricewise. My nearest GM dealer quoted me $75 for the fob and $105-115 to program one, and that seems a little high. Also did the 2015s come with a swithblade key? I see there was a recall on them but I have read all 5th Gen Camaros and also up to the 2014 models.

Edit: Found a cheaper price to program a fob at $62.50. The extra 20 minute drive would be worth that.

Last edited by Royst; 08-20-2019 at 09:48 AM.
Royst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
You should be able to program the key your self for free. You just need the new fob with properly cut key and your old key to make it all work.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
Benman

Drives: 13 IOM 2ss RS manual
Do some searching on here, lots of info on it. On my 2013 I had 1 working FOB only, so I bought another one from online site for about $30, mine does not have remote start (M6), I tried all the instructions I could find but nothing worked. Even the place I bought the FOB states it will have to be programmed by a locksmith or dealer. So I threw the new DOB in the glove box intending to go to locksmith, but before I went to have it programmed, I was doing some work to my car so I had the battery disconnected for a day or so, when I reconnected the battery, the everything on the new key FOB worked.... not sure why, but it worked. And my old one still functions correctly as well. I have found information that claims from somewhere around 2012 1/2 and newer requires different method than 2010-2011.