Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #15
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Agreed. It works dry well. Only thing with that amp install, it’s a 4 channel amp, your going to lose the center channel. But you won’t even miss it.

Center channel sucks anyways lol, me being a vert it comes standard with a sub so I will need to verify how many channels my stock amp has.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #16
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhenry5150 View Post
Ah yes the eBrake - I will try this and report back!
If that works here is an example of the by pass you will need
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-A...hoCNfUQAvD_BwE
Old 02-23-2019, 02:01 PM   #17
DieHarder

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS - Crystal Red
Not to hijack the thread here, but I'm trying to install this combination right now and I can't figure out how to get the swc connected to the radio since there's not a jack input ,but idatalink plugin. Do I just use the blue/yellow wire? If so to what radio side wire do I connect to?

Edit: NVM figured it out. Wired remote input. I'm a dumbass.

Last edited by DieHarder; 02-23-2019 at 02:55 PM.
DieHarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #18
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHarder View Post
Not to hijack the thread here, but I'm trying to install this combination right now and I can't figure out how to get the swc connected to the radio since there's not a jack input ,but idatalink plugin. Do I just use the blue/yellow wire? If so to what radio side wire do I connect to?

Edit: NVM figured it out. Wired remote input. I'm a dumbass.

I called pac during my install for the same issue. Your not alone.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:06 AM   #19
DieHarder

Sticking to this thread since we all have this specific combination.

@45thCamaro -- I saw some of your other comments about this combination in another thread, and i think I found some settings within the radio itself that solve some of the things you were seeing. For instance, there is a setting for changing the Mute button from ATTN to Full Mute. As far as using the Call button, I custom programmed the SWC and everything is working great! I did find that the sheet that came with the kit had a mixup on the order of programming for this unit (Pioneer). Tracking +/- and Seeking +/- are switched.

Also, I did notice I do have the proper clicking for turn signals (although much lower volume than rest of the chimes). that being said, it only clicks when using full turn signal, not the quick change lanes usage. I also found a setting in via the PAC UP Vehicle Connect GUI that you have to turn on to get the back-up/collision avoidance beeps to be sound.

I'm having issues with the unit opening for CDs/SD Cards as well. Looks like I may need to do a little sanding to get that working properly.

I also have a slight issue with radio reception. I'll open it back up and try a better ground to the car chassis as that seemed to help some other people. My question here is did anyone use the Blue wire from the Radio Adapter that came with the PAC kit? I couldn't figure out if that was needed, so I didn't wire it in.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #20
45thCamaro

PAC RPK5-GM4101 & Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX

Quote:
Sticking to this thread since we all have this specific combination.

@45thCamaro -- I saw some of your other comments about this combination in another thread, and i think I found some settings within the radio itself that solve some of the things you were seeing. For instance, there is a setting for changing the Mute button from ATTN to Full Mute. As far as using the Call button, I custom programmed the SWC and everything is working great! I did find that the sheet that came with the kit had a mixup on the order of programming for this unit (Pioneer). Tracking +/- and Seeking +/- are switched.

Also, I did notice I do have the proper clicking for turn signals (although much lower volume than rest of the chimes). that being said, it only clicks when using full turn signal, not the quick change lanes usage. I also found a setting in via the PAC UP Vehicle Connect GUI that you have to turn on to get the back-up/collision avoidance beeps to be sound.

I'm having issues with the unit opening for CDs/SD Cards as well. Looks like I may need to do a little sanding to get that working properly.

I also have a slight issue with radio reception. I'll open it back up and try a better ground to the car chassis as that seemed to help some other people. My question here is did anyone use the Blue wire from the Radio Adapter that came with the PAC kit? I couldn't figure out if that was needed, so I didn't wire it in.

I believe I did use the blue wire. But I don’t remember for certain. I wish I would have taken pictures of the wiring before I installed. I should go back and rewatch the video on YouTube that I used for the install.

Ive come to live with the screen not opening issue. I don’t use CDs and I don’t use SD cards.

That feature of the mute to ATT didn’t change anything for me. Maybe after I did the upgrade it fixed it but I’ll have to check.

When you did the custom programming, were you able to make the call button useful? Many people wanted to know if you pull set it up to work Siri or I guess Google Assistant.

Looking forward to nice weather so I can’t take the car out again.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:49 AM   #21
DieHarder

Of you find that YouTube video, please post. I would love to double check what I did.

Weird on the mute. Did you connect the mute line to the outside wire from the cut mute loop?

I was able to make the call button useful. Short press = answer call. Long press = open phone menu/contacts. I even did a long press on source to trigger Google assistant.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:16 AM   #22
45thCamaro

Quote:
Of you find that YouTube video, please post. I would love to double check what I did.

Weird on the mute. Did you connect the mute line to the outside wire from the cut mute loop?

I was able to make the call button useful. Short press = answer call. Long press = open phone menu/contacts. I even did a long press on source to trigger Google assistant.

https://youtu.be/CYsW6m1wTcw