Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #29
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Heritage maybe? Rally-Sports have always been clearly identified (badged) ever since 1967. I don't think any of the previous 1LE models have ever been externally identified. Just a thought....maybe a bad one?!?!?
Yeah I am mostly ok with it. Just seems a little too quiet. If people spring for an extra 3500 bucks for a track-pack you could probably sell them a tee shirt and a hat or two to go along with it.

Funny I think I am the only poster to this thread who has ordered a 1LE. Maybe GM is right. Gears are all that matter.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #30
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Funny I think I am the only poster to this thread who has ordered a 1LE. Maybe GM is right. Gears are all that matter.
Oh, believe me, I would absolutely LOVE to order a new 1LE. I even talked to the wife about trading my 2010 SS in on one....and I even used the bargaining chip that I would not buy ANY mods for it until it was paid off!!! But, in the end, I lost that battle. She said 18 more months of payments is a heck of a lot better than starting over at 60 months again!!!! Which I have to agree, it will be nice to get out from under the car payments sooner. But yeah, I still wish I could have one....preferably white with the NPP exhaust!!! Maybe someday.....
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #31
Kent2010

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Heritage maybe? Rally-Sports have always been clearly identified (badged) ever since 1967.
'Always'? To the best of my knowledge, 2010-2012 SS with the RS package have never had *any* factory "RS" badging, right?
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #32
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
'Always'? To the best of my knowledge, 2010-2012 SS with the RS package have never had *any* factory "RS" badging, right?
Sort of...it says SS but a red one denotes RS and a white denotes non RS
Old 10-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #33
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Oh, believe me, I would absolutely LOVE to order a new 1LE. I even talked to the wife about trading my 2010 SS in on one....and I even used the bargaining chip that I would not buy ANY mods for it until it was paid off!!! But, in the end, I lost that battle. She said 18 more months of payments is a heck of a lot better than starting over at 60 months again!!!! Which I have to agree, it will be nice to get out from under the car payments sooner. But yeah, I still wish I could have one....preferably white with the NPP exhaust!!! Maybe someday.....
Why do it to yourself? The wait will be long and bitter for all the parts to come in. I normally wait 4-6 months for motorcycle parts, Camaro shit can be just as bad but the wait for the performance package is going to be a doozy!

I had the same idea for my 2011 2ss/rs LS3. Make it a 1LE and run it on the track like a psycho but I know I'll be killing small children and cute furry animals while smearing myself in peanut butter waiting for my gear to arrive. Handling mods tends to do that to a man.

It's awful.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #34
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Yes the 1LE is an option package but the car in my opinion is a little more special than just an option code. It is the Boss killa and should display it proudly!!! I will take a t-shirt thank you very much.

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR1LE View Post
Yes the 1LE is an option package but the car in my opinion is a little more special than just an option code. It is the Boss killa and should display it proudly!!! I will take a t-shirt thank you very much.
Lets start with a hat...

Old 10-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #36
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Ha he said swag.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #37
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Nah a Z/28 is a Boss killa!!
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #38
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorns View Post
I think it's probably because it is a performance package and not neccessarily a difference in model...like ZL1.
Yea....it's an SS...not it's own model.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #39
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
Nah a Z/28 is a Boss killa!!

1LE is already over 4 seconds faster at VIR than the boss in my book that is considered a kill therefore the Z28 would be a boss destroyer

Ok then I will take a hat thank you very much!!

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #40
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorns View Post
I think it's probably because it is a performance package and not neccessarily a difference in model...like ZL1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
This.

It's not a model, its a parts package.

Where's my badge for the backup cam option?

Where's my hat that proudly proclaims that I have the FE 4 suspension??

LoL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Yea....it's an SS...not it's own model.
Maybe GM considers this more than just a performace package??

STYLE 1LE

Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #41
tramtwo

Received the Camaro swag catalog today in the mail from CamaroCollection.com
And the 1LE makes the cover!! But looking through 71 pages and there is zero mention of the 1LE.

There is however a bad assed poster SF3-XP994 of the 1LE that made the cover titled "Own the Road." (this isn't up on the website yet.)

The new stuff seems to be focused on offering more color options for a lot of the stuff they already had. There are a few new carbon fiber pieces.

So still no 1LE swag to speak of. GM you are missing the boat on this.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #42
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
Not exactly, I would think this would require doing something to the ECM, at the very least fixing the speedo...not sure what the dealer does here...
Yes, a recal will be required to keep the speedo accurate. The Camaro street-level performance parts will largely be released in Q1 2013. In the case of 1LE parts, the 3.91 ring & pinion and the 1LE suspension kit will both be available. When installed by your dealer they will carry a 3/36 warranty and will not void your vehicle warranty. From the ZL1, the short-throw shifter will also be available and will also have the warranty. For hardcore racing use the ZL1 driveline, including the half-shafts and differential, is also available as an off-road use only part.

Head to chevroletperformance.com to download the 2013 performance parts catalog. www.chevroletperformance.com

Visit the Chevrolet Performance social media site to see updates. www.theblock.com

Hope this helps!
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote