Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #29
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
Tracy - I have been waiting for mine for about 5 weeks now. The wait does not bother me because of the quality. I do have a suggestion though - perhaps get someone to build you a database of customers, their order date, and their e-mail address. Then have someone put out an e-mail once the orders have gone unfilled beyond a certain amount of time (4 wks maybe?). As I said, I don't mind waiting but if the vendor is proactive in letting me know what's going on, at least I don't feel forgotten. Hang in there and maintain your quality.
Great suggestion. We actually have the newest office staff Irene (just been here a few weeks) doing that now. Thx for the tip. We also should have it stated on the site the wait time...I'll email the webmaster on this (I am computer illiterate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post
what was the goal in the thread? You made the post, the company responded. They gave you an honest answer and not a run around. Thats pretty decent, but then you reply with something that sounds like you are looking for some kind of handout. This is the 3rd thread i came across in this forum where a member is bashing a vendor for a little piddly issue. There are other options on catch cans. wait or move on. simple.

Cool, that pretty much sums it up. The title of the thread could not be more targeted to damage us, and could have been far better thought out. I understand the frustration and anger, but what does attacking in such a way help anyone? We shipped 93-94 or something cans in the past 3 days, and missed the ship deadline today (have to bring them to post office on Saturdays) by 7 minutes due to traffic or more would have shipped today as well.

Again, the title is clear the intent to damage us financially so I would rather just refund the OP's money at this stage. The damage is done, and all I can do is keep doing our best.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #30
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Finally got my catch can in but got the single valve instead of the duel valve. Which I really don't care, it's still going to work, but they need to reimburse me some money. Afraid to send it back, don't want to wait another 5 weeks.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #31
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Also want to say it looks very good!

Old 05-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
I don't understand it, 900 miles on a small block is not going to kill you. On a DI engine I would be worried, but I don't see a reason why on a port injected engine. Hell, I have 14k miles (12k when I bought it) and Tracy said I don't have to worry about ordering a can and cleaning the engine it right away. Will I do it? Yes. Am I stressing over it? No. Think about how many small block engines don't have catch cans; you'll be fine for 900 miles.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #33
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
i think mods should delete this thread, the vendor is clearly doing their best, and i don't understand why people think their engine is going to self destruct without a catch can
Old 05-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #34
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
i think mods should delete this thread, the vendor is clearly doing their best, and i don't understand why people think their engine is going to self destruct without a catch can
Old 05-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I was in Tracy's shop today and all I can say is they are doing their best. They're making each can by hand until they get the CNC machine in. Tracy knows what he's doing, give him a break.

I didn't get to bring my car home today, but it ain't the end of the world.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #36
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
as I said earlier, I'm too deep in this ordeal to jump ship now. I'm sure my LSA is pretty soaked with oil vapor with the 900+ miles I've already put on the car. so waiting another week, or two or three or whenever my damn order ships won't make a difference now. what's done is done. my 2010's SS intake was insanely soaked with oil when we installed the Maggie and the engine only had 300 miles. there's no telling what 900 miles has done on my LSA engine.

I wouldn't be nowhere near as mad as I am had your company A) plainly stated these items were not in stock and B) had I not been told my order would ship on this date when it didn't. I am familiar with HTML web programming and I do know changing a few words on a website doesn't require a degree in IT to accomplish this task. I'm guessing this is something that has missed your attention and it keeps missing your attention. just post the approx shipping estimate dates so customers like myself do not depend on something that's obviously not going to arrive in a timely manner.

I'm also in the retail business but it's a rare thing that I let my customers down. however, when I do, I more than compensate them by giving the extra effort in making them feel like their disappointment was worth the let down. All I have from RX Performance is a more than likely oil soaked intake track and a few empty promises on product delivery.

^ not a very good batting average on your company's behalf.....
Sorry dude, but the panicked tone in your post literally made me laugh out loud.

Your car isn't going to melt down without a catch can on it. Don't you think GM would have considered that if it were such a big deal?
Old 05-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #37
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I ordered one through another vendor (not directly through rx) end of April. Still waiting patiently. Was told this week it is close to shipping

Ryan
Old 05-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #38
inf3rno

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
as I said earlier, I'm too deep in this ordeal to jump ship now. I'm sure my LSA is pretty soaked with oil vapor with the 900+ miles I've already put on the car. so waiting another week, or two or three or whenever my damn order ships won't make a difference now. what's done is done. my 2010's SS intake was insanely soaked with oil when we installed the Maggie and the engine only had 300 miles. there's no telling what 900 miles has done on my LSA engine.

I wouldn't be nowhere near as mad as I am had your company A) plainly stated these items were not in stock and B) had I not been told my order would ship on this date when it didn't. I am familiar with HTML web programming and I do know changing a few words on a website doesn't require a degree in IT to accomplish this task. I'm guessing this is something that has missed your attention and it keeps missing your attention. just post the approx shipping estimate dates so customers like myself do not depend on something that's obviously not going to arrive in a timely manner.

I'm also in the retail business but it's a rare thing that I let my customers down. however, when I do, I more than compensate them by giving the extra effort in making them feel like their disappointment was worth the let down. All I have from RX Performance is a more than likely oil soaked intake track and a few empty promises on product delivery.

^ not a very good batting average on your company's behalf.....
It looks like OP is asking Tracy to buy him a new ZL1. Sorry, found this funny

Last edited by inf3rno; 05-18-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #39
jtulery

Drives: 2012 CAMARO ZL1, 2012 CTS-V,
As a customer of Rx performance. The man works hard long hours. To bring the best quality to us his customers. He not big multi million dollar company. He trying to bring best quality to us. I know it's hard try be patient it's hard
Old 05-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #40
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by inf3rno View Post
It looks like OP is asking Tracy to buy him a new ZL1.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #41
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Quote:
what was the goal in the thread? You made the post, the company responded. They gave you an honest answer and not a run around. Thats pretty decent, but then you reply with something that sounds like you are looking for some kind of handout. This is the 3rd thread i came across in this forum where a member is bashing a vendor for a little piddly issue. There are other options on catch cans. wait or move on. simple.

Amen brother!

People, I have the utmost respect for Tracy and what he does for our community he actually has my car right now and know that he'll produce something magnificent in the end. As far as CC are concerned there are other options out there and as customers we have some control on how things turn out. I personally am an impatient person to begin with and when I spend my hard earn money I want what I paid for now! After doing some research and comparing features and availability of the CC, I went with Elite CC not because they were better than RX but because I wanted it NOW and I preferred the way the can was emptied.

So, bottom line is that it's our choice who we buy from and how long we are willing to wait.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #42
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Quote:
Exactly!

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

Closed Thread