Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Do you have to run a 2.5 inch axleback with the ARH headers and x-pipe?

I currently have JBA's 3 inch competition catback. I am looking to go to the 1.875 American Racing Headers and their catted 3 inch Xpipe. But heres the thing, I know how at the end of their Xpipe its necked down to accommodate 2.5 inch. So that you can run your factory mufflers or the plethora of 2.5 axle-backs available. But I want to just ditch my H-pipe from JBA and just bolt up the ARH xpipe to the remaining JBA axle-back (which is 3 inch). MAKE SENSE??

Anybody else run into this? Please advise. All else fails I shall just cut and weld.

Heres what I currently have:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/JBA-403114

And heres the ARH's and Xpipe I want:
http://www.lethalperformance.com/exh...x-pipe-p-29749
Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Why not just buy the JBA 1 7/8 Longtubes and Mids and replace the few inches of 2.5 at the front of your exhaust with 3". I love the way the H-pipe sounds on my car.

You will save a ton as the JBA 1 7/8 Longtubes are about $1200.00 with cats.

Just my o2
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 4 DW View Post
Why not just buy the JBA 1 7/8 Longtubes and Mids and replace the few inches of 2.5 at the front of your exhaust with 3". I love the way the H-pipe sounds on my car.

You will save a ton as the JBA 1 7/8 Longtubes are about $1200.00 with cats.

Just my o2
Yeah I'm considering that too. But to be honest I'm just curious to see what the JBA mufflers will sound like w/ an Xpipe. Plus, I plan to do a mid-size cam soon thereafter and want to scavange as much as possible with the X.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
g-townmach
I FARTED

Anyone else??
Old 02-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
I currently have JBA's 3 inch competition catback. I am looking to go to the 1.875 American Racing Headers and their catted 3 inch Xpipe. But heres the thing, I know how at the end of their Xpipe its necked down to accommodate 2.5 inch. So that you can run your factory mufflers or the plethora of 2.5 axle-backs available. But I want to just ditch my H-pipe from JBA and just bolt up the ARH xpipe to the remaining JBA axle-back (which is 3 inch). MAKE SENSE??

Anybody else run into this? Please advise. All else fails I shall just cut and weld.

Heres what I currently have:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/JBA-403114

And heres the ARH's and Xpipe I want:
http://www.lethalperformance.com/exh...x-pipe-p-29749
What you should do is order the ARH with the Short Cats and just bolt it up no modifications, unless you want to get rid of the 2.5 neck down at the back of the cat, front of the JBA, and that is pretty simple to do.

We stock them, and I have a used set left over from the header test I can give you a deal on.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
What you should do is order the ARH with the Short Cats and just bolt it up no modifications, unless you want to get rid of the 2.5 neck down at the back of the cat, front of the JBA, and that is pretty simple to do.

We stock them, and I have a used set left over from the header test I can give you a deal on.

Ted.
So when ordering just the ARH headers and cats it goes to 2.5? I assumed it did so people could use their stock hpipe but wasn't sure. That may be a good option. Another one would just be to weld on some 3.0 OD to 3.0 ID ball type connectors at the end of the arh 3 inch xpipe, if I chose to go that route.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
So when ordering just the ARH headers and cats it goes to 2.5? I assumed it did so people could use their stock hpipe but wasn't sure. That may be a good option. Another one would just be to weld on some 3.0 OD to 3.0 ID ball type connectors at the end of the arh 3 inch xpipe, if I chose to go that route.
That is correct, Hate to see you cut up that nice 3 inch system and toss it.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
That is correct, Hate to see you cut up that nice 3 inch system and toss it.

Ted.
Wouldn't be cutting up much of the xpipe, just the back 3 inches or so. I might just go ahead and swap out everything b/c I want to see what the arh headers and xpipe would sound like with a spintech catback (always loved spintechs). But, my current jba DOES sound good.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #9
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Call Nick and tell him what you want and he'll make it. I seriously doubt it will be an issue for them not to shrink the pipe down to 2.5 inches. Nick helped me out with my 02 Camaro I had, I ordered headers and a ORY and I had a 3 inch cat back as well. not only did he make it like i asked he included a coupler pipe for free about 2 feet long for me to cut cause we werent sure if the cat back i had would reach his ORY. Nick is a stand up guy. He didnt jack up the price either since it was a small change.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Just saw you want spintechs, I have that system on my goat and I love it. Get compliments on it all the time, some die hard GM guys say it sounds like a mustang, but almost everybody loves how mustangs sound.

I dont think it sounds like a mustang but this clip right here is extremly close to what it sounds lik in person on the GTO
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #11
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Also the Camaro may sound different cause the mufflers are mounted behind the rear versus the GTO being mounted closer to the middle of the car.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #12
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCutlass View Post
Call Nick and tell him what you want and he'll make it. I seriously doubt it will be an issue for them not to shrink the pipe down to 2.5 inches. Nick helped me out with my 02 Camaro I had, I ordered headers and a ORY and I had a 3 inch cat back as well. not only did he make it like i asked he included a coupler pipe for free about 2 feet long for me to cut cause we werent sure if the cat back i had would reach his ORY. Nick is a stand up guy. He didnt jack up the price either since it was a small change.
Yeah I was thinking about callin them and asking about that.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #13
g-townmach
I FARTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCutlass View Post
Just saw you want spintechs, I have that system on my goat and I love it. Get compliments on it all the time, some die hard GM guys say it sounds like a mustang, but almost everybody loves how mustangs sound.

I dont think it sounds like a mustang but this clip right here is extremly close to what it sounds lik in person on the GTO
Yeah I miss the sound of my 04 mach1 and my 04 cobra. (really miss the low end torque too)