Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #29
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Name:  imag0058o[1].jpg
Views: 212
Size:  97.7 KB
Old 06-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #30
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Old 06-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #31
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
"Spot Free Rinse" is typically deionized water, basically filtered of any contaminants or ions that make them bond. If you see that stuff called wheel/tire or engine cleaner, never use that stuff!
The reason I asked is because the touch free car wash I occasionally use has this type of rinse. The rinse when applied has a whiteish foam look to it. The first time I took my Camaro there my wheels (Boss 338) the polished portion were stained with tiny spots. The spots came out after using Blue Coral metal polish.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #32
Sketti

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
What can I say, I have a very happy car!
Installed: Tinted Windows; EiBach Lowering Springs; Custom Exhaust; Lloyd Carpets; AirRaid CAI; Heritage Grill; Razzi GFX; Light Blackout Kit; MPD1 Dovetail Spolier; SS Badges from DefenderWorxs; T-Rex Bumper Grill; Bowtie & Tail Light Bezel Re-Coloring; Stealth Bulbs; Magg Wheels 22" (Nitto INVO tires Fronts: 255/35-22 - Rears: 285/30-22)
When money Available: Brake Calipers Painted; Clear Car Cover; Custom Pedals; Custom Dash Plaque from EmblemPros.com; Double Din GPS/Stero Unit
Sketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #33
Sketti

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
The reason I asked is because the touch free car wash I occasionally use has this type of rinse. The rinse when applied has a whiteish foam look to it. The first time I took my Camaro there my wheels (Boss 338) the polished portion were stained with tiny spots. The spots came out after using Blue Coral metal polish.
I don't remember if it provided a spot free rinse. I don't normally use the touchless car wash for my Camaro. I think I used it once (different location) before and I had no issues with respect to spotted/stained wheels. However, I had the polished 20" SS wheels on my Camaro at the time. TBH I’m pretty bummed about my wheels right now. I’m gonna take a class in the next few weeks to learn the proper way to detail a car to include how to use a polisher. Once I complete the class I’m going to follow Nine Ball’s advice and try to get the remaining stains out with the polisher/cutting pad. :(
Installed: Tinted Windows; EiBach Lowering Springs; Custom Exhaust; Lloyd Carpets; AirRaid CAI; Heritage Grill; Razzi GFX; Light Blackout Kit; MPD1 Dovetail Spolier; SS Badges from DefenderWorxs; T-Rex Bumper Grill; Bowtie & Tail Light Bezel Re-Coloring; Stealth Bulbs; Magg Wheels 22" (Nitto INVO tires Fronts: 255/35-22 - Rears: 285/30-22)
When money Available: Brake Calipers Painted; Clear Car Cover; Custom Pedals; Custom Dash Plaque from EmblemPros.com; Double Din GPS/Stero Unit
Sketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #34
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Spot-free water is 99% pure water! It is the best thing to wash your car with.
The white spots are most likely a wax. Was it powdery when touched?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #35
hypnatic

Drives: Victory Redhead
if u have a big enough container, fill it up with boiling water and submerge the wheel, scrub it gently with a firm brush (make sure u have a long brush so u dont get burned) this should make the "spots" nearly invinsible... GOOD LUCK
hypnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #36
2010SS
2010 SS

Drives: 2010SS
The car looks good! I really hope you get the stains out.