Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #15
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Clean, congrats

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #16
sloSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xk49 View Post
Just bought this bone stock 2011 2SS/RS up in northern Maine. Had only 8k miles on it...

Car definitely needs new exhaust! Coilovers are on the list and not sure what direction to go with performance (SC or CAM+headers+?). Not looking for huge HP, but that two ton+ vehicle needs some extra giddy up.
Congrats on your new car!
Before you spend money on mods, read about the fuse pull mod in the V8 section of the forum. It's possible your car has run on regular grade fuel and the engine control module is protecting the engine by running the low octane fuel and timing table. There may be some no cost additional horsepower hiding under the hood.

The V8 section of our forum is a great place for research, lots of opinions and experience there.
My car has CAI brand intake with scoop, ARH Headers, Vengeance Racing custom grind cam with the necessary supporting mods to the valve train for reliability, and tune.

Enjoy your new car!
sloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #17
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 191185 View Post
Mind sharing how much you paid ? some members like myself like to get a good feel for what people are paying for what, so when it's time to buy / trade in and upgrade, we have a better idea what has been typically paid.

I myself paid $18,200 for a 2010 2lt / RS with 29,000 miles .

I paid 27.5k Not super great price, but cheaper then I could find around here, and as I noted in the OP, this was a cream puff, which I didn't mind paying a little more for the piece of mind. The only real tangeble goodie I got with the car was the rear wind deflector and real expensive fitted car cover.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:55 PM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Skip the coil overs and go with air bags. Then tell me how you like it because that's the route I've been considering for mine. Awesome performance with gentle ride.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote