Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #57
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Na...you're right there man. I've seen Camaros with waaaaay less pick up COTW mang! Keep it clean and you're a shoe in!

Nice for sure!
Ivan
Thanks Ivan, I'll be on SW Speed site this evening looking. Hopefully I find something that just makes me "add to cart". LoL! Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Damn straight! You'll be in the FI crew very soon I bet. The ground effects completely change the look of the car, and you'll be happy with them I think. What color NS stripes are you going to get? You should get them in the same color the face of your rims are . Then, color match your brake calipers to the stripes and face of the rims too.
I wanna do IBM NS-1 or NS-3 stripes to match the wheels. Seth @ Night Shades sent me a swatch to pick the color, but I was away on work for 5 weeks. Now I can't get the color because he would have to special order the roll color. I understand not being able to do it, though. He'd have a lot of IBM left over, and no orders to sell it. MnP also said they can get the color. They can also do an NS "style" stripe kit. I'm really itching for a supercharger. Just went and put some wheels on my wife's car though. I'll post pics later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
I bet ground effects a nice spoiler would completely Change the look of your car along with your lowering springs.
I think so too pierre. GFX looks great. I like the Razzi front and side, but not the back. I also like the dovetail spoiler. Maybe I'll see that on SW Speed site. LoL
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #58
Sickwitit

Drives: Fast, Faster, and O My God...!
Quote:
Damn straight! You'll be in the FI crew very soon I bet. The ground effects completely change the look of the car, and you'll be happy with them I think. What color NS stripes are you going to get? You should get them in the same color the face of your rims are . Then, color match your brake calipers to the stripes and face of the rims too.
I agree with Tommy, and with all you got planned it's a shoe in dude...damn bro now we cooking man...as said nothing changes a cars lines more than ground effects...and those NS stripes I remember you were thinking about those for a minute.NICCCCCE.
Question have you decided on your final color scheme yet? Based on your wheels being blue I cant wait to see what color stripes you go with..
Check Laditee's build in a couple of weeks I'm going to do something different in regards to the fascia (I'll PM)...again man good luck with the build you know I'll be watching.

Oh yeah on a personal note bro tell that beautiful wife of yours to let a brother life...I mean she got the QUEEN BEE mobile:bow ::bow ::drool : I did mention that I FN love her car...after that purchase I thought at the very least you would have a couple of months of get of jail MOD purchase's ...
Sickwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #59
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickwitit View Post
I agree with Tommy, and with all you got planned it's a shoe in dude...damn bro now we cooking man...as said nothing changes a cars lines more than ground effects...and those NS stripes I remember you were thinking about those for a minute.NICCCCCE.
Question have you decided on your final color scheme yet? Based on your wheels being blue I cant wait to see what color stripes you go with..
Check Laditee's build in a couple of weeks I'm going to do something different in regards to the fascia (I'll PM)...again man good luck with the build you know I'll be watching.

Oh yeah on a personal note bro tell that beautiful wife of yours to let a brother life...I mean she got the QUEEN BEE mobile:bow ::bow ::drool : I did mention that I FN love her car...after that purchase I thought at the very least you would have a couple of months of get of jail MOD purchase's ...
Rob, thanks bro! I'm gonna try like hell to get the stripes the same color as my wheels. That's gonna set it off. I'm trying to stay black and blue. I also thought about changing the color of my wheels to be more selective on stripe colors, but I really don't want to. My wife says thanks and hello back to you and Tee. I went and put the wheels on her car yesterday. Koko Koture Lindos, 22's. Man it's damn NICE now! I'll post some pics later.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #60
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Gunny that WHIP is coming along mighty nicely brother i have to also agree with Ivan, man cars with less mods have won in the past why not yours? I say we should let the common folk start voting and we will lock it down for sure brother, lol!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #61
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Gunny that WHIP is coming along mighty nicely brother i have to also agree with Ivan, man cars with less mods have won in the past why not yours? I say we should let the common folk start voting and we will lock it down for sure brother, lol!
Tim, I think early on that was the case. Now? Man your car has to be professionally built. I'm just a hard working dude, spending spare change on mods. Not even sure if I'll ever submit for COTW. At least not yet!

When's your next show? Did that magazine ever go to print yet? You know I want one when it does. Man, I show everybody your car. Especially when they think mine is nice. I say, "check out my homeboy's"...now that's a CAMARO!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #62
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
I wanna do IBM NS-1 or NS-3 stripes to match the wheels. Seth @ Night Shades sent me a swatch to pick the color, but I was away on work for 5 weeks. Now I can't get the color because he would have to special order the roll color. I understand not being able to do it, though. He'd have a lot of IBM left over, and no orders to sell it. MnP also said they can get the color. They can also do an NS "style" stripe kit. I'm really itching for a supercharger. Just went and put some wheels on my wife's car though. I'll post pics later.
Man, this combo is going to be the shit. I hope it all works out because you'll love the way it looks.

Your wife's car is badass by the way. I bet the 22's look bitchin.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #63
Sickwitit

Drives: Fast, Faster, and O My God...!
Quote:
Rob, thanks bro! I'm gonna try like hell to get the stripes the same color as my wheels. That's gonna set it off. I'm trying to stay black and blue. I also thought about changing the color of my wheels to be more selective on stripe colors, but I really don't want to. My wife says thanks and hello back to you and Tee. I went and put the wheels on her car yesterday. Koko Koture Lindos, 22's. Man it's damn NICE now! I'll post some pics later.
No problem man...I thought that would be your color scheme but I wasn't sure after reading that you were thinking about powder coating your calibers red...I like the wheel color bro, you killed it. I'm sure they can do a custom color stripe, Photoshop the red calibers to your car just to how you like the contrast.

Damn bro i can't wait to see the pic's...sounds bad sick, congrats again to wifey...after all her success she deserves to boss out..
Sickwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #64
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Man, this combo is going to be the shit. I hope it all works out because you'll love the way it looks.

Your wife's car is badass by the way. I bet the 22's look bitchin.
Thanks Tommy, here's a pic. Turned out NICE! I still think it has too much of a gap in the wheel well, but I'm not gonna lower it. I better not post anymore before she wins OCOTW (Other Car Of The Week) on this site. LoL

Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #65
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Damn!! Those wheels do look great. Ugh, I love those cars and would own one in a heartbeat. Driving a Porsche is a shitload of fun, especially turbo ones.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #66
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickwitit View Post
No problem man...I thought that would be your color scheme but I wasn't sure after reading that you were thinking about powder coating your calibers red...I like the wheel color bro, you killed it. I'm sure they can do a custom color stripe, Photoshop the red calibers to your car just to how you like the contrast.

Damn bro i can't wait to see the pic's...sounds bad sick, congrats again to wifey...after all her success she deserves to boss out..
It was a suggestion, so I kicked it around. My wife thinks I oughta do them black. I think red would make folks double take, just not sure for good or bad yet. LoL. I did hers black yesterday. Man, she works like no one I know, and has supported me through countless deployments for 18 years (anniversary this coming Monday), so I had to hook her up.

Quote:
Damn!! Those wheels do look great. Ugh, I love those cars and would own one in a heartbeat. Driving a Porsche is a shitload of fun, especially turbo ones.
Yeah, it's hard waiting for the break in period, 2000 miles. Porsche hit a luxury class with this car. The turbo was out of my budget, my wife thought. I wanted to go all out and get it. It's her car to drive everyday, so she was fine without it. LoL. The turbo is 500HP...probably low-mid 400's to the crank. She didn't want all of that.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #67
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Tim, I think early on that was the case. Now? Man your car has to be professionally built. I'm just a hard working dude, spending spare change on mods. Not even sure if I'll ever submit for COTW. At least not yet!

When's your next show? Did that magazine ever go to print yet? You know I want one when it does. Man, I show everybody your car. Especially when they think mine is nice. I say, "check out my homeboy's"...now that's a CAMARO!!!
Magazine is scheduled to print in January, I know i know damn long wait but still in a magazine brother i'll be happy with that in itself because i will have a big bad ass plaque with my magazine cover at every car show, lol that will really piss'em off!
Quote:
Thanks Tommy, here's a pic. Turned out NICE! I still think it has too much of a gap in the wheel well, but I'm not gonna lower it. I better not post anymore before she wins OCOTW (Other Car Of The Week) on this site. LoL

Damn you got her some concave spoked wheels exactly what i wanted for my WHIP, good job bro now delete this picture before i get some bad visions!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #68
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Magazine is scheduled to print in January, I know i know damn long wait but still in a magazine brother i'll be happy with that in itself because i will have a big bad ass plaque with my magazine cover at every car show, lol that will really piss'em off!

Damn you got her some concave spoked wheels exactly what i wanted for my WHIP, good job bro now delete this picture before i get some bad visions!
I know man, it's a foofoo car! The concave is deep in the back. It's got Brembos too, and I did the calipers black. They were grey. I still have to get the Porsche center cap on Saturday. Yep, she's taking Da WHALE that day. LoL
Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #69
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
I know man, it's a foofoo car! The concave is deep in the back. It's got Brembos too, and I did the calipers black. They were grey. I still have to get the Porsche center cap on Saturday. Yep, she's taking Da WHALE that day. LoL
Damn i thought she was scared to drive Da'Whale???
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #70
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Damn i thought she was scared to drive Da'Whale???
She is! She's so tiny, and it's so aggressive. Hilarious to me when she gets in it. She's already trying to squirm out of it. Wants me to pick her car up from her job, and leave mine in the parking lot while I go get the center caps. LoL.