Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #15
ttesort1

Drives: 2013 2lt rs
I went and looked at them and really liked it, what really killed me what that I couldn't get a sunroof in one
ttesort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #16
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttesort1 View Post
I went and looked at them and really liked it, what really killed me what that I couldn't get a sunroof in one

Im anxious to see if they come back with the Mach 1 or Boss models.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:33 PM   #17
87GNX

Drives: Alot
AS much I as ihave stated I didnt like them, slowly but surely they are growing on me now. Seen a black one with gunmetal wheels 11 "/lowered and it was bad as F looking. They look totally awesome modded. Better than the S197
Old 04-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #18
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
AS much I as ihave stated I didnt like them, slowly but surely they are growing on me now. Seen a black one with gunmetal wheels 11 "/lowered and it was bad as F looking. They look totally awesome modded. Better than the S197

I wasnt to impressed when I first saw them introduced but now after seeing them in person they have defintely grown on me thats for sure.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #19
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Different tastes....

I looked at them up close, and test drove a 15 Mustang GT. I like the interior and think its the best of the 3 (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) but I do not like the exterior looks. IMO it's the worse looking exterior styling of the 3.

Many will probably disagree and looking at the recent sales figures, Ford seems to have provided the car that customers are looking for.

BTW, I'm not a brand loyalist, have owned 3 Mustang GT's, SRT's and Camaros. I just don't like the look of the new Mustang. I would like to see the GT350 in person though.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #20
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Different tastes....

I looked at them up close, and test drove a 15 Mustang GT. I like the interior and think its the best of the 3 (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) but I do not like the exterior looks. IMO it's the worse looking exterior styling of the 3.

Many will probably disagree and looking at the recent sales figures, Ford seems to have provided the car that customers are looking for.

BTW, I'm not a brand loyalist, have owned 3 Mustang GT's, SRT's and Camaros. I just don't like the look of the new Mustang. I would like to see the GT350 in person though.
I think the challenger is still outdated and boring now....Its long in the tooth. The camaro still looks as good as the 15 mustang (has to be modded tho with wheels and drop) imo, but it will get long in tooth once the 16 hits.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:09 PM   #21
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Guy on another forum I frequent has a white one lowered with Vossen vsf1 wheels....it is insane how amazing it looks
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #22
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Guy on another forum I frequent has a white one lowered with Vossen vsf1 wheels....it is insane how amazing it looks

I dont go to any Mustang forums, I dont wanna get flamed, there is enough of that on here
Old 04-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #23
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
When i first seen them i hated the design. Its grown on me now starting to warm up to it. In some angles it looks fantastic then others its just bleh. As for the interior its awesome. Problem is the new challenger with the updated interior and exterior is a better looking car imo. I can see dodge putting a serious dent into mustangs sales.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:36 PM   #24
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I like the front but I really don't like the rear end of the new Stangs.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:24 PM   #25
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
I've owned 3 black s197 Mustangs and I will have to admit the 2015 is growing on me a little.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:27 AM   #26
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
I was seriously considering a 2015 GT Premium w/Performance package in Guard metallic, until I ran afoul of sub-par customer service from Ford on a dealer and corporate level. And having their service department ignore me while their sales department is calling me, spamming my email and snail mail to buy a new car when they wouldn't fix my old one eventually led to my trading my 2011 5.0 (which was otherwise great for the four and a half years I owned it) for my 2015 R/T Scat Pack.

That said, I'd still like to try out a new '15 GT.

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:20 AM   #27
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
I was seriously considering a 2015 GT Premium w/Performance package in Guard metallic, until I ran afoul of sub-par customer service from Ford on a dealer and corporate level. And having their service department ignore me while their sales department is calling me, spamming my email and snail mail to buy a new car when they wouldn't fix my old one eventually led to my trading my 2011 5.0 (which was otherwise great for the four and a half years I owned it) for my 2015 R/T Scat Pack.

That said, I'd still like to try out a new '15 GT.
Congrats on your 2015 challenger R/T. Its an amazing vehicle for what you get in the Scat Pack trim. Its the sweet spot for the challenger like the 1LE is for the Camaro. Personally i would rather have it over the new mustang any day.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:38 AM   #28
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
I walked by a new 5.0 that was parked and idling - while it did turn my head two or three times the overall effect remains " no wow factor " and " meh ". When I say *turned my head* it wasn't a neck snapper - more like I was trying to figure out the overall design. It doesn't really flow front to back. You can't tell if you are looking at the old car or the new car. On the plus side it sounded decent at idle. I'd take it if you gave it to me. But I wouldn't buy one.

Last edited by snarky; 04-06-2015 at 04:50 AM.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote