Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-09-2016, 06:27 AM   #393
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
hello all, well i use my battery tender a lot as i dont ride my ss as a daily driver, i do NOT have any issues with the tender..yes Beast contact them maybe they have an answer? let me know..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #394
GODFATHER366
LS3

Drives: 2010 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to GODFATHER366
I was just thinking about the other options that are used by the radio that really don't have anything to do with the radio like the options for the seats to automatically heat etc.... What do you do with all of that stuff when you replace the original unit?

GODFATHER366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:18 PM   #395
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODFATHER366 View Post
I was just thinking about the other options that are used by the radio that really don't have anything to do with the radio like the options for the seats to automatically heat etc.... What do you do with all of that stuff when you replace the original unit?
You set it before removing the original radio. None of those settings are are retained inside the radio itself. It's just an input device. I adjusted those settings almost three years ago when I bought the car and haven't touched them since.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:21 PM   #396
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum View Post
Hallo,

my cmx chime module has arrived. Now i will install it under the center speaker in the dash board. Then all works fine. My TPMS now is working. With Scosche it was failing. The hazard button is not a good construction, but it works.
Here my link to a few Pictures: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...tDakEzcndwS1JB
How did u get the car pic on your radio?
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:09 AM   #397
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hallo,

i have built my own startup screen for my kenwood. I made it with Adobe Photoshop Elements 12. If you want, i would do it for you. You can send me your picture(s) and your own concept. Please, send me a pm. I will give you my e-mail-address. Then we can communicate. I will send you the file for your statup-screen and you can say, if ist ok or not. We will try to make it so, that you are satisfied. in this post you can find many examples : http://www.kenwoodforums.com/viewtop...=692&start=560 .

Best regards from Germany
Egbert
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #398
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad's ZL1 View Post
How did u get the car pic on your radio?
There are 2 ways. the easy one is the background screen, you just put a image on a thumb drive and access it from the radio background screen.
The splash (or boot up screen) is a bit more involved, but similar for the Kenwoods. The only difference would be the way to access the menu for it.
Which model do you have?
heres my splash screen

and here is the background

GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #399
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
So glad I ran across this post. Starting researching to finally replace my unit on my 2012 ZL1. I already have Hertz speakers with Alpine 4.1 amp installed. I plan on on the Kenwood DNX773S. I see someone posted they had the Kenwood DDX9903S and they have the same dimensions so I should be good. Plan on adding the dome harness adapter to split backup video from mirror to unit as well as installing front video.

Two questions (I have read all the threads)
(removed)

EDIT: Found the answers in install guide I was looking for.

Last edited by cybercoaster; 11-17-2016 at 02:20 PM.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #400
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast6162 View Post
I am having the same issue, if I lose power and even when charging (battery tender) I lose my SWC functionality. I disconnected my battery to test and sure enough I lose the SWC (I am not sure why I lost the controls when the battery was on a charger but I am thinking the SWC module may be very sensitive). I am not happy about this and may remove the PAC kit as removing my radio every time I lose power is unacceptable. I'm just not sure yet and I want to give PAC the opportunity to respond because I do love the kit for everything else but to me this would be a royal PITA and a deal breaker.

Stay tuned for an update in the next couple of days.
Beast,
I have been dealing with PAC on these very issues. It seems that when you call their help line you are only contacting a call center. Since I work out of town and do not have my car with me I am told they cannot help me as they have to go through a trouble shooting list of questions and the vehicle needs to be in front of me.(kind of like calling cable company regarding their modem) They did gave me a reset sequence to set the PAC unit back to factory or as shipped which worked, but then it went back to performing as before. It refuses to accept programming relating to phone functions and will lose all programming if the battery is disconnected or power is lost. I have had the best luck with programming if I start the programming sequence and then after choosing the first function I just let it save. I then am able to perform all functions except hanging up a call, so I just let the other person end the call so I don't have to take my eyes off the road. Frustrating to say the least. I am at this point, through with dealing with them and will contact Phastek who I bought the unit through. PAC certainly responds better to a vender calling than a consumer.
I like this unit a lot, but the programming issues are becoming more than I want to deal with.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:05 PM   #401
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Willing to bet they just need to add a capacitor to the module or battery backup to maintain the changes to the program. or a better Eprom
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:51 PM   #402
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
this is super frustrating to hear. I am supposed to take the car in end of Dec. for a new head unit because I liked the PAC face plate over the metra or scoche. Now I'm not sure what to do. My car is very well done so far and I don't want to start having issues, like having to pull out the head unit every time to fix an issue. I just want a new head unit in my car, and it sucks that there isn't a "reliable" aftermarket kit for our cars. Soooooooooooooo frustrating.
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:43 PM   #403
cybercoaster

Are they aware of these issues or acknowledged them even? Probably won't stop me from moving forward to get one. I don't use a battery tender or drain my battery (usually) sometimes in the winter I forget to unplug my technostalgia taillights and they will drain the battery in 2 to 3 weeks. Planned in a tender this year
Old 11-21-2016, 10:43 PM   #404
whoanelli

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
A summary?

First of all, thanks to all that respond. I've been following this thread since the beginning, interested in putting my Pioneer 8100NEX into my '15 2LT. The head unit comes from a previous car and I like all the functionality/options that come with it.
I guess the first ? I'll ask.... Does one have to purchase and use the PAC-UP Interface Updating Device or have recent buyers noticed their firmware is up to date? I seen on PAC's website they did an update dated 10/12 that states "Fixes issues seen with SWC re-mapping". I guess I'm confused as to the relationship between the updating device and this update they advertise. Is the former needed to program the SWC's?
I had problems with a metra kit in my previous car and it really ruined the whole experience regarding keeping the functionality stock but with an aftermarket head unit.
Finally, I guess if you guys could just summarize where you're at with it, those that have done it. I have an extremely competent installer and know that it'll be done as well as it can be, only am wondering just kinda where everyone is at with theirs... Thanks again....
whoanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #405
cybercoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoanelli View Post
.... Does one have to purchase and use the PAC-UP Interface Updating Device or have recent buyers noticed their firmware is up to date?....
Yes, according to the install guide you have to purchase the PAC unit to do updates. I had the same question and downloaded the guide and found it.
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2016, 10:09 AM   #406
Arksine

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
Willing to bet they just need to add a capacitor to the module or battery backup to maintain the changes to the program. or a better Eprom
EEPROM is the answer, its hard to believe that the MCU they use doesn't have any (or can't emulate it in Flash). We know it loses button mapping, but looking at the software there are several other settings like chime volume, exit lighting, etc. Do they persist when it loses power? If so, it should be an issue they can solve with a firmware update. If not it was a massive screw up by the engineers that designed it.
Arksine is offline   Reply With Quote