Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #197
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastkevman View Post
I'm game......I'll have a Dodge Mopar Challenger Drag Pak and Ford Mustang Cobra Jet meet you at any dragstrip in the country.

Only rules are that you must bring at least a limited edition GM vehicle available to the public, it should be a Camaro but, bring what you got regardless.

What would you show us then.........I can only dream!

......and it better not have a forced induction LSX in it or some members are going to cry "foul"!
But if you have one of those new fancy Cobra Jet Mustang drag cars then you know its supercharged...in fact its just a GT500 motor...
Id just drop a 572 in a "camaro in white" and steamroll over anything out there LOL
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #198
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know you love our questions and speculation.

I mean, let's think about it, do the Toyota fans have threads like this on their forums?
Nothing wrong with that - the more interest and/or speculation, the better it is for GM. There is supposed to be 2 different cars unveiled so looking forward to it.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #199
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Nothing wrong with that - the more interest and/or speculation, the better it is for GM. There is supposed to be 2 different cars unveiled so looking forward to it.
Trans Am and GTO!!!!
hahahaha, okay now im just trying to get under fbod's skin xD
No Pontiac, we understand =P

Im thinking Synergy Camaro and some form of 4-door rear wheel V8 to compete with the Charger despite what they decide to call it
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #200
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Just saying, the 2012 Regal with eAssist is also rumored to bow at Chicago...so that could be it.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #201
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
FIREBIRD!

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #202
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
FIREBIRD!
Oh, I didn't know Pontiac was back. Man, that's big news.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #203
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Hey, great comments. Earlier I stated a "version of the TranAm" and "no time frame".

Sadly, I know Pontiac division is no longer with us (long live the beautiful memories). In my opinion, it could be called something else, but GM lovers, like myself, might compare any intentional features to said T/A. May never happen, don't know.
Can you imagine another Pontiac-like (T/A, GTO) awesome looking muscle car brother within current GM divisions? Personally, I think that better idea to compete with the generic mustang design style clones (no animosity intended). GM seems to be keeping their designers (or lack thereof) too busy trying to keep up with performance. Whatever GM decides, for the best, no disappointments here.

I owned a TransAm in the past (loved it), but I now have my special Camaro AND my lifetime dream Corvette. Gotta also mention my sentimental long-lived Monte Carlo (96k and still going and looking like new). Also, don't have one, but love the CTS-V. Wow! I am one, of many, lucky dudes!
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #204
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Oh, I didn't know Pontiac was back. Man, that's big news.
LOL! I wish, I miss my Trans AM!

T-Tops in the summer = :tweetz:

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #205
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know you love our questions and speculation.

I mean, let's think about it, do the Toyota fans have threads like this on their forums?
FANTASTIC point.

I was browsing through this thread...(let me first say that I never intended it to exceed 100 posts, let a lone 200+, now )...

Anyways, I was browsing through looking for ONE post to quote....because I want to start paying attention to the game for a couple of hours...and because I can see a great big theme playing itself out in here - I only needed one quote to point it out.

Thank you Fen for saying it, because I was getting worried as I entered page nine (yes, I read everything from the end of the second page on. ), nobody had said anything...

Whatever Chevy has in store for us...whatever this announcement means...be it a sedan or a new Camaro model, or a helicopter...

(And if it's a new Camaro model...whatever it's called...................)

I know ONE thing for DAAAAAAAAANG sure...

They won't let us down.

That's because GM and Chevrolet are new entities. Focused on a new mission, and only this mission: "To build the world's best cars and trucks".

But that's not enough... They also have some of the worlds most enthusiastic, and passionate enthusiasts. Some of the craziest knuckleheads ever to post on the internet...and we're all here (on this site, at least) for ONE reason.

That relationship of manufacturer and customer, and the feedback that comes with it (aka Disciples or which there are 15), is a POTENT formula. And it will result in some seriously bada$$ products.

Very few brands can say that...and many would kill for that resource.

...I can't wait for the Chicago Auto Show. I wish I could go and witness history in person...but I guess that's what sites like this are for. And while we're all here...lets enjoy each others company, and "Keep the Faith". Soon enough I predict we'll have another weapon with which to make Challengers "leak" their axles...and Mustangs yell for mommy.

Just remember that we are part of something much bigger than ourselves, and have much reason to be proud of it. :flag2:
Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #206
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Amen, Dragoneye. Amen!!
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #207
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
"Reuss said GM will show off the new vehicle at the Chicago Auto Show next week. The company will advertise the Camaro in one of its six ads it will run during the Super Bowl.

From The Detroit News:
http://detnews.com/article/20110204/...#ixzz1D3FI8W6m
"

Is GM as cryptic as the FBODFATHER in thier most recent press release above in their descriptions of the unveiling of most anticipated CAMARO at the Chicago Auto Show?

Subliminal messages ?

Of course, It's a stretch, but since both the commercials so far, one with TF is Z28 (allegedly) and now a Z28 in the Silverado commerical
Attached Images

2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #208
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme!
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #209
MotorCityAgent
The Collector Protector

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
Chevelle. Now there is a blast from the past that would sell. 7 liter Chevelle.
Good Lord! That would bring tears to my eyes and negative symbols to my bank account.!

"If its worth collecting, its worth protecting!"

:5thgenvert:

Contact me for a FREE Do-Not-Touch Sign
MotorCityAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #210
The_cartoonist_88
Turbine Cowboy

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2LT Camaro
yeah i know what ya mean! but im just hoping what ever it turns out be isnt an abomination like today Malibu or Impala but thats my opinion dont know if anyone likes them but oh well i dont lol. I do think it would be cool if they started "taking it back" on the body styles though like how the Camaro turned out