Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #29
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Wow, spoken like a left lane rolling obstruction...
Hey if I'm not breaking a law I don't care who it pisses off. 3 to 4 over the limit is all I do. I get two moving violations in any given year I get fired unlike most people. Also unlike most people my job has an average annual mileage of 60,000 plus, so this thread kinda illustrates a lot of the bad driving habits I see daily.

Edit: BTW, I tend to stay in the middle lane and neither the left or right if it is a three lane highway. Two lanes its the right unless I'm passing (incidentally most Arizona highways have signage saying what lane to be in on the four and two lane roads). Usually there is some d*** who gets all pissy especially on the two lane roads because they can't go over said 10 to 20 MPH. Never understood why people always had to be in such a hurry, I suspect its mostly self inflicted.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #30
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
If everybody drove in the right lane. Unless passing. 10-20 over should be a problem. I don't drive that fast. But I'm a conservative. But I do believe you should be able to do anything you want to. As long as I say its ok. lol

GOB Network

(Good old Boys) a.k.a.

RWCR

(Rich White Conservative Republican)
Old 09-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #31
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Hey if I'm not breaking a law I don't care who it pisses off. 3 to 4 over the limit is all I do. I get two moving violations in any given year I get fired unlike most people. Also unlike most people my job has an average annual mileage of 60,000 plus, so this thread kinda illustrates a lot of the bad driving habits I see daily.
Cool, but why go out of your way to piss people off, move over... I hate the left lane rolling roadblocks talking on the cell phone, putting on makeup, putting butter on their bagel and changing their kids diaper... Etc... These oblivious idiots have no concept of the inertial energy they are moving... And I pray for the day that texting and or talking without using hands free is illegal... There was a study by the Nhtsb that proved obstructing faster drivers led to the most incidents of road rage... Do you wish to perpetuate this... I wouldn't think so, so just move over rather than pacing the slower traffic in the other lanes causing a back up for miles...If cars are passing you routinely on The right, you are part of the problem.... like the old adage, if you walk into a room of 20 people and you don't see an idiot, go find a mirror...

My biggest pet peeve is when these idiots accelerate to try to block you if you end up passing on the right... This happens a lot... Frigg'in Barney fife wanna be's...

Tom, I read your edited in part, cool deal, then my post isnt directed at you personally...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #32
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
My biggest pet peeve is when these idiots accelerate to try to block you if you end up passing on the right... This happens a lot... Frigg'in Barney fife wanna be's...

thats why i bought a camaro!! they can try but i will pass
Parag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #33
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Cool, but why go out of your way to piss people off, move over... I hate the left lane rolling roadblocks talking on the cell phone, putting on makeup, putting butter on their bagel and changing their kids diaper... Etc... These oblivious idiots have no concept of the inertial energy they are moving... And I pray for the day that texting and or talking without using hands free is illegal... There was a study by the Nhtsb that proved obstructing faster drivers led to the most incidents of road rage... Do you wish to perpetuate this... I wouldn't think so, so just move over rather than pacing the slower traffic in the other lanes causing a back up for miles...If cars are passing you routinely on The right, you are part of the problem.... like the old adage, if you walk into a room of 20 people and you don't see an idiot, go find a mirror...

Tom, I read your edited in part, cool deal, then my post isnt directed at you personally...
I hear that, I have the same problem with the people you described. Down here in the Valley I encounter the left lane bandits and the distracted drivers very frequently. I feel lucky that most of my driving is out some of the most remote areas in this country with little to no traffic. Its odd but I'd rather take a remote country road with its potential hazards over someone who is distracted.

Ironically I just back from New Mexico a couple days ago. My understanding is that it is actually one of the few states that has outlawed phone usage in the car.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #34
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
The biggest problem with "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs and laws is that by and large they aren't enforced.
Xello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #35
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
The biggest problem with "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs and laws is that by and large they aren't enforced.

new mission:
make cops enforce!!!!
so we can speed by the slow ones getting tickets lol
Parag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #36
Sugarloaded

Drives: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
Quote:

Edit: BTW, I tend to stay in the middle lane and neither the left or right if it is a three lane highway. Two lanes its the right unless I'm passing (incidentally most Arizona highways have signage saying what lane to be in on the four and two lane roads). Usually there is some d*** who gets all pissy especially on the two lane roads because they can't go over said 10 to 20 MPH. Never understood why people always had to be in such a hurry, I suspect its mostly self inflicted.
Lmao at how you think it's such a huge sin to go 75 on a 65 limit highway.

Quote:
Ironically I just back from New Mexico a couple days ago. My understanding is that it is actually one of the few states that has outlawed phone usage in the car.
Innacurate. It's illegal to talk or text while driving not while in the car. And phones can still be used for things like GPS or directions to a given destination.
Sugarloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #37
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag View Post
I live in denver and I get soooo frustrated when idiots ride in left lane. they actually get on the highway and automatically cut all the way across 4+ lanes get in left lane and go slow. Is this as bad everywhere, or is it just I drive too fast? where is there a left lane law, i heard Vermont does, is that true? Anybody put a Prius push bar on your Camaro? lol
I know your pain, man. I have never once driven to Denver without experiencing some road rage.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #38
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag View Post
I live in denver and I get soooo frustrated when idiots ride in left lane. they actually get on the highway and automatically cut all the way across 4+ lanes get in left lane and go slow. Is this as bad everywhere, or is it just I drive too fast? where is there a left lane law, i heard Vermont does, is that true? Anybody put a Prius push bar on your Camaro? lol
Shouldn't Ghost Armor do the trick?
Attached Images

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #39
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarloaded View Post

Innacurate. It's illegal to talk or text while driving not while in the car. And phones can still be used for things like GPS or directions to a given destination.
Right so what do most people assume is phone usage in the car? Incidentally its okay to be intoxicated behind the wheel of the of the car in Arizona..............just so long as your not driving it or at the very least the keys aren't in the ignition.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #40
DarkAceXXX

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, 2006 Cobalt SS
I live in denver too i understand how you feel use the right lane to pass it works too.
DarkAceXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #41
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
How slow? If they are doing the speed limit and not below, they can use whatever lane they want unless it is an HOV.

What???? That would be a big negative. Some states just don't post the law as some of the others do. NJ is big on posting: slower traffic keep right except to pass. DE's law is not so publicized or enforced but it does state that a driver will operate his vehicle in the lane farthest to the right except when passing. I may start a movement among my shiftmates to begin enforcing it as well CAUSE IT DRIVES ME NUTS WHEN PEOPLE JUST HANG OUT THERE IN THE LEFT LANE
Old 09-19-2011, 04:00 AM   #42
doomsdayjesus081

Drives: VR 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Hawaii drivers are just as bad, plus we seem to have a lot of do gooders here that feel they are making roads safer by making a six lane wall of 50 mph. Can't wait to leave this rock.
doomsdayjesus081 is offline   Reply With Quote