Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:56 AM   #71
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Thank you Scott. I know you don't have to come here and say anything, and yet you still take the time and effort to bridge the gap between GM and the enthusiasts.

by the way, thanks for giving me a new quote for my signature
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #72
Hillbilly
Rider of the short BUS

Drives: Ukon/F350(work)/Intruder800
I have a problem with the whole pre order crap. I ordered a 2SS/RS on 10/31/08 My dealer looked it up and it is still at 1100, while a guy that had never seen the car until last week walks into Tincher/Willians puts his money on the table and drives off in his new Camaro
What a load of crap. I could have purchased the car from that dealer but would have lost the 2 grand deposit I put down at another dealer.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:16 AM   #73
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks for taking the time to write all that out. While it won't appease the folks that are dead set on flaming, I think it'll help calm the rest of the reasonable folks around the community.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #74
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
On that note I want to thank the family in Longmont Colorado who bought their son a 2010 RS Camaro for his 16th birthday, why may you ask? Because they were nice enough to let the dealer hang onto it for 2 weeks while the public was welcomed to see it. Again thanks! Oh and I heard he cried too!

KJ
Old 05-07-2009, 02:34 AM   #75
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Let's sort out the issues and carry on.

Thanks Scott. Sorry I missed you at the Classic launch day. :(
Old 05-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #76
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
OK I'm back... thanks again Scott for another great read that helps put things in perspective. I'm glad the Camaro is finally back, sometimes I come on here and other sites and just shake my head in disbelief because in 2002 I thought my dream of owning a BRAND NEW Camaro were over. But this is a very bittersweet time for me because although I'm estatic for all of brothers here and abroad it just feels so wrong that something I've waited for for so long is still so far out of my reach. My wife and I are both going back to school full time this year and needless to say that knocks a new $37k car out of my budget. I haven't been on here as much lately because it's really bothering me but I can't stay away. It doesn't hurt that I almost got into an accident a couple of weeks ago swinging a u-turn into Felix Chevy in L.A. when I saw a 1LT/RS in their lot... I molested that car for well over an hour and apologized to the salesman every couple of minutes for eating up his time. The car felt so right that it made it feel so, so, so very wrong that I wonn't have one for years. I'm praying to have enough money saved up and be out of school by 2011 so I can get a 2012 45th Year Anniversary edition. Scott, you guys did a great job and although the naysayers prove to be a very vocal minority 'round these parts, a job well done is something to be proud of... who says GM doesn't make a car Americans want?

You got it right when there were so many opportunities to get it wrong because you actually do care, and for that GM has forever earned my respect and my business. Now... is there someway you can help me get Jimmie Johnson's Camaro? lol

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
Old 05-07-2009, 02:58 AM   #77
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Nothing, apart from the lack of RHD, so far has really put me off the Camaro. Every new car has teething issues - admittedly some worse than others, but it's a car - built in the tens of thousands - the law of averages states some won't be perfect.

Ho hum. Roll on next year and "my" car.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
Old 05-07-2009, 02:58 AM   #78
Krieger

Drives: American Cars
The personal attention we as enthusiasts have gotten with this iteration of the Camaro is awesome and without comparison. Thanks Team Camaro and especially the Fbodfather!

So far, as I understand it, the only way anyone has really been or is getting screwed is by bad Dealers and clumsy transport people.

Remember when people were screaming online about piston slap/oil consumption (early ls1/ls6), head ticking (03/04 Cobra), wheel hop, leaky t-tops, markups, sold pre-orders being handed to the highest bidder, and the many other problems that happen with many other cars?
These cries went unnoticed and for the most part without response unless some faceless people at the manufacturer through an unknown process issued a bulletin/recall. We the consumers have been and quite often are at the mercy of these capricious gods of the automotive world.
Until now.

This vehicle launch feels like no other I've ever experienced, and certainly this attention and disclosure means much more to me than some little signed badge on an engine.

Whatever problems I encounter when it's my turn will be met with a higher degree of understanding and patience than I've had in the past, because this Camaro is really worth it to me.

Sorry to those who've had a bumpy ride.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:19 AM   #79
RobH

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Fbodfather: Maybe you could address the problem discussed in this thread?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20054
Old 05-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #80
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Wow! After reading all these posts, there sure are some upset folks out there. As someone who works in a manufacturing world (Not Cars), i fully understand the unforseen issues that pop up when a new process/product is being ramped up on a line. People think that their product is the only one affected and therefore should be looked at RIGHT now. Well in the case of those cars like mine that are in QC hold and getting retrofitted.. face it, there were 2k+ cars to be done and there aren't 2k+ people to do all those retrofits so it will take a little more time! I know I'm just as antsy as most and I control that 98% of the time.... just have patience.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:32 AM   #81
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Double Orders and Other Thoughts

Interesting. I placed my order on 10/13/2008 then canceled (dealer was an arrogant a$$) only to order from another dealer on 11/29/08. I received 2 welcome kits and I knew that the original dealer was not going to cancel with GM. Perhaps this is some of what production has seen.

Regarding the hoopla about the pre-order queue being not exactly linear: I wanted this car and the inferred (keyword there) timing for delivery fit perfectly into my plans. Those plans "may" be significantly influenced by what is happening now and I have a moderately flexible timeline that I can commit to. That said there is a cutoff date for me in which I must move forward with other options. Unfortunately there are zero other US cars that appeal to me (and have a backseat). Such is a fact-of-life for my particular situation.

Thank you sir for being there for us and truly caring but as you stated GM has a business to run but I also have a life to lead.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #82
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Scott,
Thanks for the posts. They keep me waiting.

There are a lot of people that are still waiting and many of them will stick around untill the car shows up. This seems to include me at this time but this has been a challenging wait. I have to think there are quite a few customers out there that have one foot out the door at this point. Keep posting and we will keep waiting.

I have to drive a 15 year old, exhaust fume filled, cracked windshield, rumbly, inherited from my father in law, beater type car to work most days. People look at me funny when they see me in it. It looks WAY out of place in the parking lot. I keep driving it. Why? - Because you tell me to wait.

When the Camaro does finaly show up, I will arrive at the dealer and leave the motor running. I have decided that I will put up with no more shenanigans at that point. If ANYTHING wrong does happen, I will probably blast out of there in 10 seconds or less. The next post will be a picture of my new Audi S5 (REALLY PISSED) or just maybe even a Mustang (just a little pissed).

The only other thing I ever pre-ordered before without ever seeing in person was a Harley Davidson. It showed up in the wrong color and the dealer just offered to just give me back my deposit. He ended up throwing in some stuff for free but the truth is, I never ever got 100% over it being the wrong color. I sold it and never regretted it. I still like looking at Harleys but I will never ever own one again.

This car is about passion. If you kill the passion, you kill the need. I realy don't think I "NEED" this car as much as I did back in October 13th 2008. It's that close.:(

Thanks for letting me unload a bit here. You have done a great job at building a fantastic car.

-Mark.

Last edited by Stingr69; 05-07-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #83
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Thanks for the info Scott.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
Old 05-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #84
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thank You Scott, for all you do for us!!!!

Closed Thread