Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
OPPS typing error

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
So you're saying you wouldn't have purchased the car if it only came with a 3 month XM trial instead of a 12 month trial?

Your frustration is understandable, but my advice is to be patient. XM has sordidly horrible customer service--most of their support reps actually work from home and are contracted to take calls on behalf of XM. It's even worse than an Indian call center because not only do you have people that don't speak English, but there's a TV going, screaming baby, bad connection, or their computer hangs/drops the call/loses connection.

I kid you not, every single call I've put into XM has gone horribly. It's probably going to take a few weeks for your dealer to get any useful information.

At the end of the day, if you don't end up getting 12mos for free, you've still got a great car and hopefully the dealer will step in and comp you for that or something else like a few free oil changes or something. If the sticker says 12 months, you should get 12 months, but it also isn't the end of the world...

You are right, I just got a little hot when someelse wrote in and they could not have read the complete ORGINIAL POST. I love my 45th Anniversary Convertible. At 67 never had one before (Convertible) so I said why not and V-6 has plenty of power for me and you are right about Sirius, since I talking with someone the other day and had poor broken English and I finally gave up that they but come Monday my dealer will hear from me. I live in a small town and dealer is just a mile from my house. Michael
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #16
rangomr

Wink thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
I think the "fact" here is that you are mistaken.
Sorry for getting a little up set when that was written. Have a great evening. Michael
Old 07-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangomr View Post
That's right, YES i have both and love the radio and of course seats, again appreciate you reading my complete post and making someone else that already answered WRONG for about the third or fourth time. Again thank you very much. For another 9 months it would cost (I think) around $134.00 and its gotten down to the principal of the issue now. Someone should just write me a check for the other 9 months so I can go without being disconnected. Come Monday Im going back to the dealer and call GM too. Again thank you Michael
My bad on the price, too much beer. Your sales person should take care of this, this is their problem more than yours. I'm not that big a fan of S/XM, have you tried loading up a memory stick and listening to music that way? Remember you need to adjust the tone for what ever input you are using to get the best sound. Many critisize the stereo but don't know how to operate it for best sound.
http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=312
Old 07-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Thats great for your 2011 car but we are not talking about your car. READ MY POST AGAIN SINCE I told you even what the dealer said and what the window sticker said. It came this way from GM
Woah, calm down Sally. He is just trying to help and give his input. I have a 2011 and I can confirm this. They came with 3 months only. And IMO its a useless feature haha...
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I bought this present car on 4/11/12 2012 Camaro 2LT Convertible and on the window sticker list of equipment it listed this:
XM Radio + Service
Subscription Sold Separately
By SiriusSM After 12 MTHS

My dealer agrees I should have a year subscription, we contacted GM headquarters and of course they threw it back to the finance lady at the dealership. She contacted Sirius 6/13/12 & again 6/25/12. I submitted a e-mail on 6/29 and got some trouble ticket number so called but it's really has gotten me no where. ANYONE ELSE have a problem wiith getting your full year with your new CAMARO? Any advice would be great. If nothing changes on my account by Monday YES I do plan to contact GM headquarters again or where-ever that phone number goes to. Any help, I'm taking offers?? Michael in Virginia
PS SIRIUSXM HAS ME FOR ONLY A 3 MONTH TRIAL AND THAT"S NOT THE CASE>
I just purchased my car in June 2012 and it came with 12 months like the sticker says... I was told by the dealer 3 but I confronted them during activation process and they checked the sticker and I guess set it for 12MO because when i got a call from XM the next day to pitch me a sale after the trial she was like "Oh.... wow... NM, you have a 12MO trial" after i told her call me in a year.

Take it back to the dealer and make them work on it... The sticker clearly states 12mo. I would also call XM and escalate if you have the time.
Camero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #20
rangomr

Thanks much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero5 View Post
I just purchased my car in June 2012 and it came with 12 months like the sticker says... I was told by the dealer 3 but I confronted them during activation process and they checked the sticker and I guess set it for 12MO because when i got a call from XM the next day to pitch me a sale after the trial she was like "Oh.... wow... NM, you have a 12MO trial" after i told her call me in a year.

Take it back to the dealer and make them work on it... The sticker clearly states 12mo. I would also call XM and escalate if you have the time.
That's what happen, when I bought the car, she called into Sirius and just assumed it was a 3 month trial and so it's back to the dealer on Monday and I'll make a call to GM also since they do have a complaint center. I appreciate all that gave some imput, even to the ones that where totally wrong, now hopefully they have learned something too but probably will never read this post. Thanks again, Michael
Old 07-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #21
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I got 3 months in Jan 2011. 6 months OnStar I have read there are lots of variations on what you get here on C5.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
Mikey193

Drives: 2012 black ss/rs camaro
Dealer kept telling me it was a 3 month trial. But when I called to Renew to sirius after my 3 months was up. They told me I had till December 2012.
Mikey193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
That's what happen, when I bought the car, she called into Sirius and just assumed it was a 3 month trial and so it's back to the dealer on Monday and I'll make a call to GM also since they do have a complaint center. I appreciate all that gave some imput, even to the ones that where totally wrong, now hopefully they have learned something too but probably will never read this post. Thanks again, Michael
Ok I may have a solution to your problem. Are you still getting monthly Onstar sevice updates for maintainence on your Camaro? If so look down at the bottom on the right next to the tire pressures and it should state your status for XM. You can go from there on the date.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #24
rangomr

OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Ok I may have a solution to your problem. Are you still getting monthly Onstar sevice updates for maintainence on your Camaro? If so look down at the bottom on the right next to the tire pressures and it should state your status for XM. You can go from there on the date.

Thanks but it did not work and yes I have On Star. That's actually funny, sorry, probably even funnier that I actually went out to check but anyway Thanks for your help??????
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #25
Nicklongino

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
I got 2 years free on my 2012 when I bought it? When i had my car for 3 months they kept calling me asking if I wanted to renew it and I told them I had 2 years free... They called back 3 months later and I think I finally got it through their heads that I still have my free account setup with them havent called back since.
Nicklongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #26
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Thanks but it did not work and yes I have On Star. That's actually funny, sorry, probably even funnier that I actually went out to check but anyway Thanks for your help??????
I'm talking about the monthly updates that Onstar sends to your e-mail website. It has nothing to do with your Camaro physically.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #27
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
I really have not found any help , but as your buddy said too, I wrote in BOLD letter, (I think) what the sticker said in the window of this car. IF GM does not have to stand by that then I would have bought another brand. WELL you may think its a fact but why make stupid comments before you read the orginial COMPLETE> Thanks for NO HELP from you too

As I stated in my very first post even the DEALER OWNER said YES I have a one year coming.
I'm so glad I got a 1yr trouble free XM package with my 2010.
Sorry you get 3mo....BooHoo......DOUCHE
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #28
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
I think the "fact" here is that you are mistaken.
Not quite
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote