Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
How are Zaino products packaged for delivery?

So I had ordered a few days back my $100 worth of Zaino products in anticipation of my Camaro next week.

I wasn't home yesterday and apparently UPS dropped off my Zaino stuff at my front door. I saw nothing when I got home from work and checked online today to see if it was going to be delivered soon. I'm so mad! I think my Zaino stuff was stolen! No yellow sticker on my door or any evidence that anything was around my front door.

Been here 7 years and never had a problem with theft with stuff left at my front door. So I'm just curious, I had ordered the bucket which I imagine the other stuff went into the bucket... does it arrive in a box that says Zaino all over it? I checked all around my place and none of the neighbors saw anything. I'm so mad....

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
badkarma

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS Camaro
UPS is notorious for doing that. They've left a $1k head unit and $2k worth of computer hardware on my front doorstep at my old townhouse. Luckily those didn't "get gone" but I did have a dash kit for my GTO go missing.

I thought it was stolen, but turns out the numb nut delivered it to the wrong house. If the sender does not put "require signature" the drivers just drop it off.

Put in a loss ticket with ups, I bet they just delivered it to the wrong house. Now whether or not the owners of the house admit it or report it well....
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
So I had ordered a few days back my $100 worth of Zaino products in anticipation of my Camaro next week.

I wasn't home yesterday and apparently UPS dropped off my Zaino stuff at my front door. I saw nothing when I got home from work and checked online today to see if it was going to be delivered soon. I'm so mad! I think my Zaino stuff was stolen! No yellow sticker on my door or any evidence that anything was around my front door.

Been here 7 years and never had a problem with theft with stuff left at my front door. So I'm just curious, I had ordered the bucket which I imagine the other stuff went into the bucket... does it arrive in a box that says Zaino all over it? I checked all around my place and none of the neighbors saw anything. I'm so mad....
So apprently?
no where in your thread does in say UPS had confirmed it ti be delivered ?

check again.

not like u can use it without your car, be patient with poor pld ups

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #4
GothamCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BADZ View Post
So apprently?
no where in your thread does in say UPS had confirmed it ti be delivered ?

check again.

not like u can use it without your car, be patient with poor pld ups
Sorry just got off the phone with Zainobros after I called UPS. They are saying the driver dropped off the Zainos product at my front door and that it was delivered. MY door faces the street, there is no discreet place to hide it, you can see it from the end of my street.

Point is, the driver didn't leave me a yellow sticker thing saying it was delivered and he/she shouldn't have left it out in the open. So UPS told me to contact Zainos to file a claim, which I did. The customer service at Zainos was great, they understood what happened and will proceed with filing the claim.

I'm sure this happens alot, just the first time with me and especially with my Camaro coming, I wanted my Zainos stuff all ready for my car next weekend.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
badkarma

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS Camaro
That's what they said about my dash kit. A couple weeks later they found it at the wrong house and delivered it.

I bet you anything they delivered it to the wrong house. Driver would still say "I delivered it"

So don't be surprised if you get another set of zaino
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
GothamCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
That's what they said about my dash kit. A couple weeks later they found it at the wrong house and delivered it.

I bet you anything they delivered it to the wrong house. Driver would still say "I delivered it"

So don't be surprised if you get another set of zaino
I agree with you, it probably went to the wrong house and I've got a couple of old ladies for neighbors so I know they wouldn't have kept it. Just in case, I'll watch to see if their cars look super sweet shiny.

Zainobros said if UPS doesn't resolve in 8 days, they will send me my order again. We'll see what happens, like it was said, don't have the car yet but I'll have it next weekend for sure!

Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
And just FYI, I have ordered two times from Zaino, but neither included a bucket. Both boxes were about 16 - 18 inches tall, and about 10 x 10 or 10 x 12. Also, the boxes were white, and I dont' think they said Zaino except on the actual shipping label, but I will double check. If you ordered a bucket, it would probably be bigger though. Hope you find it, at least you kind of know what you are looking for now, in case one of your neighbors puts a white box out for trash anytime soon...
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
CharlieNubz
Nubz SS/RS

Drives: NADINE 2010 SS/RS 24551
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstmate View Post
And just FYI, I have ordered two times from Zaino, but neither included a bucket. Both boxes were about 16 - 18 inches tall, and about 10 x 10 or 10 x 12. Also, the boxes were white, and I dont' think they said Zaino except on the actual shipping label, but I will double check. If you ordered a bucket, it would probably be bigger though. Hope you find it, at least you kind of know what you are looking for now, in case one of your neighbors puts a white box out for trash anytime soon...
My Zaino products came in the bucket. which I ordered, which is shipped in a standard brown cardboard box. There was nothing to identify it as Zaino other that the UPS Shipping lables. Great stuff. I will post pics when I get my Camaro and get her prettied up.

Keeping the American Revolution Alive...:flag1:
CharlieNubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
GothamCamaro

A follow-up:

UPS was not able to recover the missing Zaino products I ordered.
UPS informed Zaino to re-ship, called Zaino and my order is being resent.

My guess is that they will not be leaving them at my door this time if I'm not home, I don't mind going to UPS to pick up. Car is dirty, need my products!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:04 AM   #10
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
cant see zaino as a hot item to steal
Old 07-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #11
pastohio

Drives: Indy Pace Car
Did you check if all the address on the label is correct ?? Sounds like IF it was stolen, you are bringing a nice Camaro into a neighborhood that isn't the most secure !!??
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
GothamCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastohio View Post
Did you check if all the address on the label is correct ?? Sounds like IF it was stolen, you are bringing a nice Camaro into a neighborhood that isn't the most secure !!??
I had UPS verify my address with what they had, it was exact. I've been here 8 years, it's not a high class area I live in but I've never had a large package stolen before.

I'd say my Camaro is one of the nicer cars in the neighborhood.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
Ydtrack

Drives: Too many to list....
Send a message via AIM to Ydtrack Send a message via Yahoo to Ydtrack
Might want to think about having things sent signature required or to an alternate address like your work. I have been lucky with UPS, but my door is not easily seen from the street. Fed Ex ground on the other hand loves to just toss things over my fence into the grass, right by the street and getting hit by the sprinklers....
Ydtrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #14
GothamCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydtrack View Post
Might want to think about having things sent signature required or to an alternate address like your work. I have been lucky with UPS, but my door is not easily seen from the street. Fed Ex ground on the other hand loves to just toss things over my fence into the grass, right by the street and getting hit by the sprinklers....
Yeah, I'm gonna talk to ups to require my signature from now on, just to be safe.