Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #71
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Thanks for the clarification and the kits, so it sounds like I woul dwant the complete kit as I would want the other changes to make sure the car operates properly and don't have to worry about other modifications due to the supercharger add on.

Typically from your experience what are the concerns and drawbacks to having this type of S/C added?
When something goes wrong what is the typical type of problem? And how often does it cause other problems not covered by the Vortech ot GM warranty?

Again, I want to do this but trying to cover all my bases here.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #72
Brian@Vortech

Drives: Vortech 'Charged 06 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
Thanks for the clarification and the kits, so it sounds like I would want the complete kit as I would want the other changes to make sure the car operates properly and don't have to worry about other modifications due to the supercharger add on.

Typically from your experience what are the concerns and drawbacks to having this type of S/C added?
When something goes wrong what is the typical type of problem? And how often does it cause other problems not covered by the Vortech ot GM warranty?

Again, I want to do this but trying to cover all my bases here.
The complete kit will come with the computer programming for a completely stock vehicle with the addition of the Supercharging System. Any additional modifications will require custom tuning that is not provided.

In my experience, as long as the tuning is good and the system is installed properly, you should be good for well over 100,000 miles of reliable boosted driving. Between my last 2 supercharged cars, I've put close to 70,000 miles on Vortech Supercharged cars that I have owned personally. The only items that I've had to replace are normal wear items such as idler pulleys and belts.

We go to great lengths to make sure these systems last. We do not rush production of any new Supercharging System, and the results usually speak for themselves because of this. OEM fit and finish, quality, and reliability. Plus, with the 2010 Camaro systems, you have the ability to upgrade all the way to a V-7 YSi-Trim without having to change much else! This kit is going to prove to be the one to buy for sure. As soon as some of the aftermarket tuning shops get their hands on these kits, and start putting them on project cars...the results will speak for themselves, and everyone will have to take notice!
Brian@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #73
HotRod6769

Drives: not enough room
VORTECH is the way to go I have been using them for over 15 year PROBLEM FREE!!!

just watch out for that Ricky Best guy.
Attached Images

HotRod6769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #74
JProberts

Thanks for the information Brian and I am definitely going to get this Vortech system but not the additional upgrades and coustom tune after the winter here in DC. Everything I have heard about the product and previous Vortech products all aseem very positive.

I live in DC and only see one Vortech Top Tier Installer, JPC Racing in MD. Are you familiar with their work? Are there other shops in the DMV area that Vortech has a relationship with and can vouch for? What about Race Proven Motorsports in DE. I have heard good things about this shop but don't know if they are affiliated with Vortech and could offer and back the 3/36 warranty available.

What is the cost for the 3/36 warranty? What is the warranty that comes with the S/C system as is?

Thanks to everyone for your input that help me decide to buy this car in the first place and seemingly endless possibilities to modifying it.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #75
JProberts

Damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod6769 View Post
VORTECH is the way to go I have been using them for over 15 year PROBLEM FREE!!!

just watch out for that Ricky Best guy.
What am I looking at here man! Don't know what the hell it is but it looks impressive.

I'm definetly going to go with this system in the spring. Now I just have to come up with the money and find the right shop to have it installed.

I have heard from a few people on the forum with shops and will look them up and go for vistis during the winter, I really want to make the right choice on the shop for the installation.

I don't care how good the system is if someone puts it in wrong or doesn't tune/set-up properly it won't do me any good and well probably just cost me more money in the end.

Thanks for the input.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #76
HotRod6769

Drives: not enough room
Quote:
What am I looking at here man! Don't know what the hell it is but it looks impressive.

I'm definetly going to go with this system in the spring. Now I just have to come up with the money and find the right shop to have it installed.

I have heard from a few people on the forum with shops and will look them up and go for vistis during the winter, I really want to make the right choice on the shop for the installation.

I don't care how good the system is if someone puts it in wrong or doesn't tune/set-up properly it won't do me any good and well probably just cost me more money in the end.

Thanks for the input.
check out my photo album top pic is my 99 Tahoe and the other is my 90 IROCZ. I also buit a 502 which Iam supercharging also for the 69 SS Camaro.
HotRod6769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #77
Brian@Vortech

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod6769 View Post
Awesome Vortech collection there HotRod!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #78
JProberts

Top Tier Installeras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Vortech View Post
Awesome Vortech collection there HotRod!
I live in DC and only see one Vortech Top Tier Installer, JPC Racing in MD. Are you familiar with their work? Are there other shops in the DMV area that Vortech has a relationship with and can vouch for?

What about Race Proven Motorsports in DE. I have heard good things about this shop but don't know if they are affiliated with Vortech and could offer and back the 3/36 warranty available.

What is the cost for the 3/36 warranty? What is the warranty that comes with the S/C system as is?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #79
bad2000z

Drives: 2015 Audi S6
I really want to see more guys install this kit. It should be capable of 10's fairly easily with the right setup
Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #80
TRooper
Resident Stormtrooper

Drives: Creations n' Chrome Red Mustang GT
Quote:
I live in DC and only see one Vortech Top Tier Installer, JPC Racing in MD. Are you familiar with their work? Are there other shops in the DMV area that Vortech has a relationship with and can vouch for?

What about Race Proven Motorsports in DE. I have heard good things about this shop but don't know if they are affiliated with Vortech and could offer and back the 3/36 warranty available.

JPC is a fantastic shop. Justin Burchham, the owner, is very meticulous and pays great attention to detail. This is reflected in not only his numerous personal NMRA event wins, but in the enormous amount of customer's wins and championships as well. His knowledge of what works and what doesn't has been sharpened by him pretty much trying everything and TESTING everything. Also, Vortech's screening process is pretty thorough. Not everyone can become an Authorized Top Tier Installer. A positive long standing sales history, a track record of customer satisfaction, an in-depth knowledge of the product line, and strict review of the shop by Vortech are just some of the requirements to becoming a "Vortech Top Tier Installer". You can rest assured, if a shop has this designation, your Vortech installation is in good hands.

Check out his site.
http://www.jpcracing.com/
TRooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #81
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRooper View Post
JPC is a fantastic shop. Justin Burchham, the owner, is very meticulous and pays great attention to detail. This is reflected in not only his numerous personal NMRA event wins, but in the enormous amount of customer's wins and championships as well. His knowledge of what works and what doesn't has been sharpened by him pretty much trying everything and TESTING everything. Also, Vortech's screening process is pretty thorough. Not everyone can become an Authorized Top Tier Installer. A positive long standing sales history, a track record of customer satisfaction, an in-depth knowledge of the product line, and strict review of the shop by Vortech are just some of the requirements to becoming a "Vortech Top Tier Installer". You can rest assured, if a shop has this designation, your Vortech installation is in good hands.

Check out his site.
http://www.jpcracing.com/
Thanks for the information TRooper, this type of feedback from board members goes along way in helping people like me with limit knowledge on these subjects feel alot better about these decisions.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #82
6BANGER
2LT RS - 70 AMX

Drives: 2LT RS Cyber Gray & 1970 AMX
Blah blah Blah....What can I do to my 6 banger ???
6BANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #83
Steve@AandACorvette

Drives: Cars
Yo Brian! What's the skinny?
Steve@AandACorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #84
Brian@Vortech

We're shipping kits now Steve...how many do you want? You'll want to get in line soon though, we're building them as fast as we can, but we've already got DOZENS of these systems on order! People are really liking what they see so far.