Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 06-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #15
Motorhead79

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom.5SS View Post
Heres something a little bit like that idea....fits in the little rear side window of the car...
Thanks for making that plaque for me it means alot to me and it looks fantastic
Motorhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #16
Motorhead79

Seriously though if anyone is interested in participating in an event for the Mid-Ohio race this month please don't hesitate in letting the Stevenson Team know this. They really are interested in doing something special for us fans!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #17
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Are there any races this team will be attending on the west coast?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #18
dickholloway

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Serious business. Can we see these races on Speed? I love watching *real* "stock cars" race. They should rename NASCAR from "stock car" racing to "absolutely nothing stock about them" racing.
should rename NASCAR...WWE. absolutely no difference in participants and audience
dickholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #19
Motorhead79

Not sure on there west coast racing tour need to check the Rolex GT and GS schedule for more details.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #20
Motorhead79

Unfortunately the closest the continental tire and rolex series, is going to get to the west coast according to the grandam.com site is

September 10 - 11 Miller Motorsports Park
Miller Motorsports Park
Tooele, UT
Old 06-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #21
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead79 View Post
Unfortunately the closest the continental tire and rolex series, is going to get to the west coast according to the grandam.com site is

September 10 - 11 Miller Motorsports Park
Miller Motorsports Park
Tooele, UT
Thanks. That's a long haul from where I live. About 34 hours of driving and $350 worth of gas round trip. I'll have to check into the cost of a flight, staying 2 nights and renting a car. Still won't be cheap but I'd sure love to see these cars on the track.

Unfortunately the idiot "developers" out here in southern California got rid of the Riverside International Raceway where the old Penske/Donohue cars and many many greats use to run. So what did the developers put in place of this legendary (and profitable) racetrack? Something extraordinary; something awesome; something so unlike anything anywhere it boggles the mind... they put... a SHOPPING MALL!!! Yes boys and girls, they built a K-Mart and that's what replaced this fabulous racetrack.

I remember that track; attended many races there. I still have race programs and memorabilia from it's heyday in the late 60's early 70's. I have a pit pass from the first International Race Of Champions the year they ran Porsche 911's; (they switched to Camaro's afterwards which produced the IROC version) and on that pit pass I have the signatures of Dan Gurney, Jackie Stewart, Emerson Fittipaldi... and Mark Donohue.

I would love to see Mark's son driving a new Sunoco Camaro on a race course. Go team!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #22
SMPdude

Drives: 2010 Camaros and more
Thank you motorhead for dropping in. It was one heck of a race and I will not give any details as to not to spoil it for every one.
The gt cars put up a hard fight but again failed to make it to the podium due to tire issues. Grand am is going to have to do something about these tire problems so we can compete.
On another note so you will know the skill of our drivers and the potential of these cars. During the rain out 57 car was 8 seconds faster than the rest of the field and was faster than th dp's
SMPdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #23
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
This is so cool. A real no kidding race team who greets fans and actually likes talking with them. Wonder if I could get a wing for my camaro...just kidding. I would definitely go if it was closer but I do hope alot of C5 folks jump on this and show support to guys actually racing our car (sort of... minus all the hi performance parts LOL).
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #24
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Doc-You got it right about Riverside

I have been to races on tracks all over the world, and nothing compares with Riverside in it's hayday. God that was a great track.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #25
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
This is so cool. A real no kidding race team who greets fans and actually likes talking with them. Wonder if I could get a wing for my camaro...just kidding. I would definitely go if it was closer but I do hope alot of C5 folks jump on this and show support to guys actually racing our car (sort of... minus all the hi performance parts LOL).
SURPRISE!!!! thse are built for race all out but I was dumbfounded to find that the drive train is very much stock....in fact at Limerock they had to run restrictor plates....More safety stuff and alot of "Makeing it light", brakes are better also. As some one said here in the forums..I like to watch real "stock" car racing, and this series is very very close.
Rock on Stevenson..see ya at Limerock later in the series.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #26
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPdude View Post
Thank you motorhead for dropping in. It was one heck of a race and I will not give any details as to not to spoil it for every one.
The gt cars put up a hard fight but again failed to make it to the podium due to tire issues. Grand am is going to have to do something about these tire problems so we can compete.
On another note so you will know the skill of our drivers and the potential of these cars. During the rain out 57 car was 8 seconds faster than the rest of the field and was faster than th dp's
I saw the blistering on the #57 tires when I was watching the first 2 hours this past weekend. What would/could Grand Am do to fix that? Too bad it didn't start pouring down rain for the rest of the race with those times.
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #27
SMPdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Thanks again for the support, but there are more of you on here that have more performance options on there cars than we do.(GS that is) We could only wish we could run things like cold air intakes, headers, camshaft etc, etc.

Now the GT cars....those are a different story.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #28
SMPdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
I saw the blistering on the #57 tires when I was watching the first 2 hours this past weekend. What would/could Grand Am do to fix that? Too bad it didn't start pouring down rain for the rest of the race with those times.
Grand am could let the GT cars run a compound that would not do that.
It was my understanding that or GT guys had tested a compound that would live, but Grand-am will not let them run it.

Mazada was having the same issue last year, so pirelli built a tire that would work for them this year......now we are screwed.

All the Tires looked like the ones you saw on TV. We did have a solid 4 th place finish until the rear tire blew out on the last lap.