Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 11-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #43
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Exclamation **SOPHIE UPDATE**

Dear Camaro5 friends and families...

This is a VERY difficult email to write. I talked at length today with Maria who is Sophie's mother. Sophie may be coming home this week. She needs as many thoughts and prayers sent her way as can be mustered. She is in the end stage of her disease (multiple type Leukemia) and will probably not make it to Christmas.

As you know, she has been a real fighter and trooper but she has lost that sparkle in her eyes and she has lost all energy to fight on. She is so weak she cannot undergo any more chemo and her bone marrow is 50-60% cancerous now. She has developed a fungus in her lungs which will lead to pneumonia at some point. Her parents are fully preparing for the worst but how can you really prepare to lose a child? Sophie has been accepted by the MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION and will receive something in the near future.

The last time Sophie was home she didn't get to ride in Orange Krate because she was simply too sick. But she did point to Orange Krate as I drove by in front of her house. I could tell she was happy as she mustered up a little permagrin and waved.

At this time there is literally nothing the doctors or any of us can do. It is a matter of time and God's keeping arms.

I just wanted to let you all know, and understand that the family absolutely appreciates everything that the Camaro5 So Cal Family did to help them when they needed it most. I will keep you posted as to any sudden or changing events. It is never too late for a miracle but our little Sophie is suffering very much.

Thanks so very very much and bless you all!

Jim & Erica
"Orange Krate"

Gracias a mis amigos de la familia Camaro 5 Sur de California!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #44
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
Orange Krate

It is sure nice to see such nice and warm people looking out for others as you have in this painful endevor. Just rest assured that she will rest with no pain when she raises to our lord.

I will be moving out to CA in the near firture and it is great to see another great and dedicated group of camaro owners as we have here in the valley.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #45
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2ss View Post
Orange Krate

It is sure nice to see such nice and warm people looking out for others as you have in this painful endevor. Just rest assured that she will rest with no pain when she raises to our lord.

I will be moving out to CA in the near firture and it is great to see another great and dedicated group of camaro owners as we have here in the valley.
Thanks Mike! I agree that the So Cal Camaro family is awesome. Truly a good group of people. I look forward to meeting you in the future. Take care.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 11-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #46
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Orange Krate i am very sorry to hear about this i wish i would have been able to do something about this whole thing. i was on deployment when all the fundraising was going on and didnt hear about this till now. i will be keeping the family in my thoughts and prayers and hope that some miracle will allow sophie to be able to enjoy christmas with her family before the worst happens. You are a very very kind person Orange and i know that will not go unseen in God's eyes

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #47
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Also everyone else that has supported this you are all really awesome and kind hearted people

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #48
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
Orange Krate i am very sorry to hear about this i wish i would have been able to do something about this whole thing. i was on deployment when all the fundraising was going on and didnt hear about this till now. i will be keeping the family in my thoughts and prayers and hope that some miracle will allow sophie to be able to enjoy christmas with her family before the worst happens. You are a very very kind person Orange and i know that will not go unseen in God's eyes
Thank you Michael. We are all human beings sharing this planet and a all of us have the same basic needs including being nice to one another in a persons hour of need. Thanks again... the family appreciates all thoughts and prayers.

Simi Valley, CA